Question

6 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

So how do you read this crash dump file? No one or tools to read this files? The game just crashed to desktop with no info whatsoever. Unbelievable

collectiondump.png

Edited by matane

@matane What exactly is happening when the game crashes?  At what exact point is the game having the issue? Can you use the front-end fine? What graphics settings do you play on?

When it happens the screen just freeze, the sound and the game actually still running for few minutes, then the game closed to desktop no additional info

There's no sign when will happen, few minutes into the game, playing for few laps, even exactly at the same spot during the race like when you resume the race and crashes at the corner then it'll happen again at the same spot. If i can play more than an hour, usually no problem after that.

Graphic all ultra or high, using new driver, using 2 driver before that and the result just the same, i can use alt-tab etc no problem

Other games are normal no crash, 

Posted (edited)

Ok now every time i resume to race the game closed to desktop, it's more than 10 times in a row, so i started to find a way to fix it without restarting the race, So i try to change the advanced graphic setting in game to set it to ultra without changing manually or custom (blending not enabled by default) and make sure video mode in the right resolution and magically i can resume the race with no crashes now, it's been 2 hours so far no problem for now... Other than that i also unchecked 'show fps' via steam setting too, I don't know if that related or not. 

I can't say if it's a fix or not but let's see later on

Edited by matane

I'm having the game freeze on me at the end of time trials- And I have to use task manager to get the game to come back to life. 

I've noticed my CPU usage drops from like 40% to like 5% and DIRT Rally 2.0 goes to Not Responding.

Very frustrating problem. Don't know if it's the same as yours? 

I have 16GB Ram, i7800k CPU, 1080ti GPU. 

Posted (edited)

@lucag120 Well, for me i don't need to open task manager, the game just shut down itself and it's Dirt Rally not 2.0 . Maybe just advanced blending bugs , i'm not sure, i just turned that off and resetting graphic option to ultra and not changing anything else manually , that solved the problem for now....

Edited by matane