Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally 2.0 Roadbook - June 7, 2019

@PJTierney Thanks!

Can you tell us if the lack of ambient light (ie the too-dark shade issue) will ever get an update? 

That, and a Fov adjustment for consoles, are the two biggest changes I'm desperately hoping to see. 

9 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Brilliant, πολύ εκτιμάται @PJTierney : Είμαι πολύ πρόθυμος να κερδίσει πλατίνα μου! 

Let's go for the platinum!!! 

On 6/7/2019 at 8:28 AM, JamesMcAdam said:
  • AI cars will now be washed after Rallycross races.

this is the kind of details that were annoying me. Thanks for correcting this 👌🏻🙂

damn, this is the exact opposite of what i wanted. I want everything to be dirrrty

Any chance of fixing the dreaded audio cut out bug in patch 1.5? This thing plagues the game since launch... Other than this I really enjoy this game, keep up the good work.

On 6/9/2019 at 8:22 AM, tjetfiat said:

Let's go for the platinum!!! 

την ελληνικη μεταφραση τι την ηθελες ?αμα εβγαλες ακρη εσυ πλατινουτσικο !!

Untitled.png

4 hours ago, ianism said:

damn, this is the exact opposite of what i wanted. I want everything to be dirrrty

This is how it is in real World RX.... 

Πριν από 6 ώρες, ο nasoduko είπε:

η ελληνικη μεταφραση τι η ηθελες; αμα εβγαλες ακρο εσυ πλατινουτσικο !!

Untitled.png

ΕΝΤΑΞΕΙ ΕΝΤΑΞΕΙ. Mistake 

Woah, I just read that the difficulty upwards from pro on career would be made more even a fair.... please don't say that this will make master easier??

I love the fact that I only win every now and then and that I have to fight.

Please say that this change in difficulty is just to make the curve upward from pro less steep by making elite a little harder??

Well whatever they do with the AI, I hope it’s fairer. I just got 7:17.318 in today’s AI challenge on North Fork Pass wet H2 and came third. 

Checked it against the global leaderboards, and that would have out me 6th in the world. 

I think it’s the AI for certain car classes they need to look at more than the career difficulty levels. 

Out of all the issues I really hope the dark shaded problem gets some attention, it is high priority on the forums yet never been acknowledged as far as I can tell by codemasters

1 hour ago, Evo8uk said:

Out of all the issues I really hope the dark shaded problem gets some attention, it is high priority on the forums yet never been acknowledged as far as I can tell by codemasters

what are you talking about?

3 hours ago, ianism said:

what are you talking about?

Some areas of New Zealand and Poland are excessively dark due to incorrect HDR tonemapping/exposure. It’s seemingly worse on consoles than PC.

7 minutes ago, caerphoto said:

Some areas of New Zealand and Poland are excessively dark due to incorrect HDR tonemapping/exposure. It’s seemingly worse on consoles than PC.

Test you monitor with this black level tester and brighten you screen accordingly: "On an ideal monitor, all of them should be distinguishable, even the very dark first row of squares.".

6 minutes ago, Lollerke said:

Test you monitor with this black level tester and brighten you screen accordingly: "On an ideal monitor, all of them should be distinguishable, even the very dark first row of squares.".

My screen is hardware calibrated, which might be why the dark areas don't looks quite as bad for me. They're still unrealistically dark, though.

interesting. I'm on PC, and honestly I think it looks great. going from open country to heavily forested area is a huge difference in real life.

same goes for the tunnel in Monte Carlo.

4 hours ago, caerphoto said:

1 hour ago, ianism said:

interesting. I'm on PC, and honestly I think it looks great. going from open country to heavily forested area is a huge difference in real life.

same goes for the tunnel in Monte Carlo.

PC has no HDR.
That's the next problem.

And just for some people out there, because it's almost a kind of myth:

No, you also get no HDR, if you play in the exclusive full screen or window mode. In that case, you will only see the SDR content which can be adjusted in Windows settings for enabled Windows HDR mode. This mode does not render SDR content to HDR content. This requires game settings and DR 2.0 has no HDR Option on PC, simply because it's disabled on this platform. In other words: It would need HDR data, but the game sends SDR data on PC because the dev has disabled it for this version. It's really annoying, but sadly a fact.

PC settings can be changed to make your display correctly display blackness.

For Nvidia cards select Display - Change Resolution - Apply the following settings - Output Dynamic Range.

If you are using a tv screen, select Limited.

If you are using a monitor, select Full.

1 hour ago, DessIntress said:

PC has no HDR.
That's the next problem.

And just for some people out there, because it's almost a kind of myth:

No, you also get no HDR, if you play in the exclusive full screen or window mode. In that case, you will only see the SDR content which can be adjusted in Windows settings for enabled Windows HDR mode. This mode does not render SDR content to HDR content. This requires game settings and DR 2.0 has no HDR Option on PC, simply because it's disabled on this platform. In other words: It would need HDR data, but the game sends SDR data on PC because the dev has disabled it for this version. It's really annoying, but sadly a fact.

It has no HDR output on PC, agreed, but the game engine is clearly running internally in (a form of) high dynamic range, with exposure adjustable on the fly. You can see this when adjusting cockpit camera in some cars – the outside world gets brighter or darker depending on how much of the car interior is in view, implying the game is adjusting exposure based on the scene content.