DiRT Rally 2.0 Roadbook - June 7, 2019

Hello everyone!

I’m PJ and I recently joined Codemasters to keep you all informed and excited about DiRT Rally 2.0. If you want to know more about me and my history here’s my intro post on the forums, but let’s crack on with everything else that’s been going on recently! It’s been a busy week for DiRT Rally 2.0, so let’s take a look back and see what happened.

Season 2 has begun!

205_Latvia_3.jpg

The second Season of DiRT Rally 2.0 is here, and we kick off with the addition of Group B Rallycross to the game. The Peugeot 205 T16 Rallycross and the Ford RS200 Evolution showed up on Tuesday and we’ve already seen some spectacular action as people throw those monsters round the circuits. Season owners also got their first Credits Drop and custom liveries of the Season, with a fetching blue and white design showing up on the Volkswagen Polo GTI R5, Opel Kadett C GT/E and more.

PS4 DLC Entitlement Issues

Subaru_Poland_1.jpg

Over the past few days we got word from PlayStation 4 users about issues regarding their DLC content being inaccessible in My Team. After checking with various people here at Codemasters we were able to put together an FAQ which should resolve most of these issues. If you ever have trouble accessing purchased DLC content on PlayStation 4 in the future check out these tips first and email us if nothing seems to work.

DiRT Rally 2.0 at SpeedMachine and the FIA World Rallycross Championship

dsc01428a.jpg

The FIA World Rallycross Championship came to the UK in late May and DiRT Rally 2.0 was there too as part of the SpeedMachine festivities. It was great to see everybody enjoying their time with the game at the Xite Racing garage, including some of the regulars from the World Rallycross grid! We’ve got a gallery of our favourite snaps up on Facebook and Chris also put together a roundup of the action on the blog.

Sales and Discounts

VW_RX_Joker_Lap_1.jpg

Are you ready to rise to the challenge? DiRT Rally 2.0 and various other items are currently discounted in numerous ways across Steam, PlayStation and Xbox. The Steam sales end this afternoon (June 7) so you’ll need to get in there quickly, whereas the other platforms run for the next week or so.

DiRT Rally 2.0: Version 1.5

Dev-insight-3-1.jpg

Version 1.5 of DiRT Rally 2.0 is coming next week, handling some popular requests, fixes and features from the community. The headline act is the addition of Clubs, giving you all a way to build your own communities, join your friends and run Championships in-game. We’ll have more info on Clubs next week and on how it all works but for now here’s a summary of what’s coming in the update:

• Club support added to Freeplay.
  • Visual improvements made to rain effects.
  • Service Areas will appear correctly in Weekly and Monthly Challenges.
  • Monthly Challenge Leaderboards adjusted to show total Event times instead of individual Stage times.
  • Elite and Master AI difficulty adjusted in My Team Rally Events to provide a fairer transition upwards from Pro.
  • Start-line AI behaviour adjusted at Lohéac Bretagne circuit.
  • AI cars will now be washed after Rallycross races.
  • Notification added for when a player completes research on a car’s final engine upgrade in My Team.
  • Chase cameras adjusted to reduce camera clipping into roadside objects.
  • Non-English language co-driver volume increased.
  • Corrections to some non-English language co-driver calls.
  • General stability improvements and minor bug fixes.

That’s it for this week, and I leave you all with this awesome image from @UDegani that we shared a few days ago. See you all soon!

Discord_UDegani_Subaru.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 11

Good news to see Clubs added next week.

Do you know if "minor bug fixes" includes a fix for the lack of "unexpected moments"? I haven't had unexpected moments since before the Monte Carlo patch.

• Agree 1

great news about the clubs addition. many people been waiting for this. :classic_cool:

• Agree 3

26 minutes ago, chukonu said:

Good news to see Clubs added next week.

Do you know if "minor bug fixes" includes a fix for the lack of "unexpected moments"? I haven't had unexpected moments since before the Monte Carlo patch.

They've been working for me in My Team. Had one yesterday.

8 minutes ago, Riggs said:

They've been working for me in My Team. Had one yesterday.

I'm happy for you. If only we all were so lucky.

Sounds great. Out of interest how does clubs work? I shipped on my Dirt4 before they released it on there!

Lots of great things in the road book. Keep the improvements and content coming. 😉

I think a lot of people will be ecstatic once they read the paragraph about the 1.5 update.

I was able to get such beautiful images like @UDegani to show off my custom creations.

this is the kind of details that were annoying me. Thanks for correcting this 👌🏻🙂

42 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

this is the kind of details that were annoying me. Thanks for correcting this 👌🏻🙂

100% agreed.

Posted (edited)

We'll be able to drive in the night rain though. That's something worth a compliment as well.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Elite and Master AI difficulty adjusted in My Team Rally Events to provide a fairer transition upwards from Pro. 

Slightly concerned about this. This does not seem as much of a problem compared to some classes like R2/H2FWD and some others being too ridiculous compared to human world records, and also conditions like night and rain seemingly not affecting the AI times much at all compared to how much they affect humans.

Another issue here is that the lower difficulties like Pro and Clubman aren't challenging enough, there was no steady ramp up in difficulty in the Career, which can make Elite feel like a gigantic and unfair spike when reaching it. It's not necessarily a bad thing, really, that's simply when the Career starts to have an actual challenge and become engaging, at least in the classes and conditions that aren't busted. You can no longer cruise by and make top 3 with big screw ups like you can in the first three difficulty tiers. To me it would make more sense to adjust lower difficulties like Clubman and Pro to be more challenging and engaging so you still have to improve a bit before moving on to the next tier before making Elite and especially Masters easier, but even that could probably wait until after some class specific adjustments.

18 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

How about the option of NOT washing the car between stages when there is no service. Many people want their cars to stay dirty.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 7

Hi all,

Sorry i not have been really active on the forums lately, but looking forward to the Riga and Estering RX tracks in Season 2. I wonder what the other seasons will bring (we have kinda confirmations of MINI RX, i20RX, 206 2001, Impreza 2001, etc, so i guess there will be more seasons).

First of all congrats and good luck to @PJTierney for his role as social media manager. You already have bvugged me a lot (in a positive way) with posts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, so you seem a bit more active than Cristina already. Great to see you pick it up quickly 🙂 Keep on the good work.

One annoying things comes forward with this though. DiRT Rally 2.0 still not has a photomod (which F1 has), but the official channels posts a lot of Steam members made images from in the game which is made with a mod of the community. I don't understand why DR2.0 not has an official photomod yet, it is clearly important nowadays with social media and influencers on Instagram and YouTube. Basically people create bueatiful shots promoting the game. It is a compeltly WIN-WIN situation. People can make beautiful screen and share them, and therefore CM gets more free promotion by their players and probably sell more because of that and gives the game a longer lifetime.

Also i miss the updates of real or good fictive liveries, especially for the RX cars. An example is the Focus 2007 (i know, it not an RX car), but has just one normal fictive looking livery. All the other ones are just plain simple 5 minute made liveries. Maybe you think I am exaggerating with these 5 minutes, but I made a lot of liveries in the past for example Automobilista, so I know how much time it costs to make a livery. Yes, it maybe costs money to make a good livery, but CM can also earn a lot of money on it if they create a good business model with it. Yes, maybe it depends on licensing as well, but why other games can do it? As an example, I know if a team wants to add their livery to RaceRoom, it costs 1500 euro. After that RaceRoom also sells the livery independetly or in a package. Check here an example of the BMW Z4 GT3 at RaceRoom. Also waiting for a livery editor from DiRT 4, but than a 2.0 version of it or a some kind of import function like iRacing (which can be uploaded on a DiRT Rally 2.0 portal) f.e.

And yes I want more modern RX cars (i20, Ibiza, Bennett MINI, Beetle) and the missing ones from DR1 and D4 returning: (Focus, DS3, Ibiza, Marklund Polo) because those cars still competing or competed in 2018 or 2019. And than joined by the remaining 2018 and 2019 RX tracks and with 2018/2019 livery packs. 

Maybe I am now sounding like a negative person, but I am happy that the game keeps developing and it is finally possible to race RX online with only 'humans'. Hopefully they can make the capacity bigger to 12-15 people, so it is easier to organise RX leagues. They said it is difficult, but CM F1 games is able to handle it. But this "humans only" online function finally brought me online in DR2.0. It is a small function, but I think an important function.

Also I am happy that clubs is finally coming (hopefully it is not to late) and small details like that that the AI cars in RX will be washed after every race. One small wish that the team could do is the service park time at an Rallycross event. It is now 120 seconds, and it is very long, especially if it is just plug and play. Hopefully it is possible to change this to f.e. 30 or 60 seconds to bring some time pressure in it. If someone is to late to press start, they not should be able to start the race (like in a real RX event). 

Have a good weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, tjetfiat said:

Any solution about adaptable trophy? 

Yeah, this is a good question. Is this issue on the radar @PJTierney?

• Like 1

Dam still no FOV options for consoles?

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, JorritVD said:

Hi all,

Sorry i not have been really active on the forums lately, but looking forward to the Riga and Estering RX tracks in Season 2. I wonder what the other seasons will bring (we have kinda confirmations of MINI RX, i20RX, 206 2001, Impreza 2001, etc, so i guess there will be more seasons).

First of all congrats and good luck to @PJTierney for his role as social media manager. You already have bvugged me a lot (in a positive way) with posts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, so you seem a bit more active than Cristina already. Great to see you pick it up quickly 🙂 Keep on the good work.

One annoying things comes forward with this though. DiRT Rally 2.0 still not has a photomod (which F1 has), but the official channels posts a lot of Steam members made images from in the game which is made with a mod of the community. I don't understand why DR2.0 not has an official photomod yet, it is clearly important nowadays with social media and influencers on Instagram and YouTube. Basically people create bueatiful shots promoting the game. It is a compeltly WIN-WIN situation. People can make beautiful screen and share them, and therefore CM gets more free promotion by their players and probably sell more because of that and gives the game a longer lifetime.

Also i miss the updates of real or good fictive liveries, especially for the RX cars. An example is the Focus 2007 (i know, it not an RX car), but has just one normal fictive looking livery. All the other ones are just plain simple 5 minute made liveries. Maybe you think I am exaggerating with these 5 minutes, but I made a lot of liveries in the past for example Automobilista, so I know how much time it costs to make a livery. Yes, it maybe costs money to make a good livery, but CM can also earn a lot of money on it if they create a good business model with it. Yes, maybe it depends on licensing as well, but why other games can do it? As an example, I know if a team wants to add their livery to RaceRoom, it costs 1500 euro. After that RaceRoom also sells the livery independetly or in a package. Check here an example of the BMW Z4 GT3 at RaceRoom. Also waiting for a livery editor from DiRT 4, but than a 2.0 version of it or a some kind of import function like iRacing (which can be uploaded on a DiRT Rally 2.0 portal) f.e.

And yes I want more modern RX cars (i20, Ibiza, Bennett MINI, Beetle) and the missing ones from DR1 and D4 returning: (Focus, DS3, Ibiza, Marklund Polo) because those cars still competing or competed in 2018 or 2019. And than joined by the remaining 2018 and 2019 RX tracks and with 2018/2019 livery packs. 

Maybe I am now sounding like a negative person, but I am happy that the game keeps developing and it is finally possible to race RX online with only 'humans'. Hopefully they can make the capacity bigger to 12-15 people, so it is easier to organise RX leagues. They said it is difficult, but CM F1 games is able to handle it. But this "humans only" online function finally brought me online in DR2.0. It is a small function, but I think an important function.

Also I am happy that clubs is finally coming (hopefully it is not to late) and small details like that that the AI cars in RX will be washed after every race. One small wish that the team could do is the service park time at an Rallycross event. It is now 120 seconds, and it is very long, especially if it is just plug and play. Hopefully it is possible to change this to f.e. 30 or 60 seconds to bring some time pressure in it. If someone is to late to press start, they not should be able to start the race (like in a real RX event). 

Have a good weekend. 

I don't agree the servicetime is too long. The other day on a online event I smashed the car haevy in the barrier at heat 1. Flat tire and a bad result. But I couldn't repair everything and therefor was of the pace in heat 2 also. Only for heat 3 the car was normal again but that 1 mistake let me be on the last row at the semi. Notging wrong with that

3 hours ago, tbtstt said:

Yeah, this is a good question. Is this issue on the radar @PJTierney?

I'm still trying to find the radar, it's a big office :classic_laugh:

I'll check in with DiRT team in the near future, gather a bunch of feedbacks (in general, about all sorts of things) from the forums and pass things on :classic_happy:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Glad to see AI cars will look clean now in between RX races. Just began to play with the Speedcars and it bothered me a lot to see my car clean and the others dirty.

I hope you guys address the issue with the Germany replay cameras soon. It doesn't really affect gameplay but it does make our replays and screenshots look ugly.

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

I'm still trying to find the radar, it's a big office :classic_laugh:

I'll check in with DiRT team in the near future, gather a bunch of feedbacks (in general, about all sorts of things) from the forums and pass things on :classic_happy:

Brilliant, much appreciated @PJTierney: I am very keen to earn my platinum! 

58 minutes ago, tbtstt said:

Brilliant, much appreciated @PJTierney: I am very keen to earn my platinum! 

I know the feeling, all those years of badgering @CMMcBabe and now I can do it in person :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1