Jump to content Jump to content

No rewards for Community Challenges [Update: Resolved]

Sith Metal

yep none here either. too bad this happened on a weekend.

but like, also, chill. it's imaginary virtual money that you earn by playing a virtual entertainment product. it's really not the end of the world lmao

finally, the point of the game is driving. if you don't enjoy driving in the game simply because you're not being rewarded for every km, what are you even playing this game for?

On 6/8/2019 at 2:13 PM, PJTierney said:

You likely won’t get a fix during the weekend, but thanks everyone for bringing it up.

thats is a serious answer from a serious company 

we cant help you cause its weekend ,and its my fault for  being toxic ...

• Social Media & Community Team
1 hour ago, ianism said:

yep none here either. too bad this happened on a weekend.

This is why most updates/DLCs come out earlier in the week now, so that if anything does go wrong there's cover and potential of a quick turnaround 🙂

I do want to say thanks to you all for raising the issue though. I'll talk with the relevant team members tomorrow and see what we can do 🙂 

5 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

This is why most updates/DLCs come out earlier in the week now, so that if anything does go wrong there's cover and potential of a quick turnaround 🙂

I do want to say thanks to you all for raising the issue though. I'll talk with the relevant team members tomorrow and see what we can do 🙂 

This isn't directed at you, PJ. You're just the messenger. This message is for the CM IT team. 

The no maintenance policy on weekends is preposterous. Countless times my DR and D4 leagues have been unavailable over the years due to connection issues. When that happened the websites were throwing 500 errors. When it happened on the weekend I always knew it wouldn't be fixed until the week started. 

It is absolutely ridiculous that a game company does not have anyone to take care of these networking issues on weekends. I don't know how these things are coded, but usually a server(s) reboot will solve 500 errors. I suspect this rewards issue is a similar thing. For some reason the event completion info is not being fetched. 

I work in web development and server administration. I host client sites on the Amazon cloud. I can reboot, check, look into, solve, whatever, any issue from anywhere in the world at any time. Because that's my job. And my clients deserve to have their applications running 24/7. I'm like a doctor on call. I would never leave my client's apps and websites broken because it's "the weekend". 

This CM work ethic of not maintaining their infrastructure over the weekend has to stop. 

^^Thank you. I played about 12 hours between Friday and Saturday nights including with friends and we all are pizzed off that time we spent together on daily challenges is gone money. I am due at least 250K which is how I build up my team, garage, and cars in career mode. For the guy above who said it's only play money, well, you are right. It IS play money - money to help better your game with. I have been a gamer both console and PC since 1989 and was a DiRT Rally 1.0 early "investor" on Steam with the PC helping to better itt. Long story short, I've seen a lot of failed game and launch supports over the years (Batman Arkham Knight for PC anyone?), but I struggle to find one I'm more unhappy with insofar as this game. Don't even get me started on the STILL lack of FFB road feel for we wheel owners - we didn't spend big money on our equipment to have PS2 controller non-feel. I have been a long time CM buyer between PC and Sega Genesis/Sony PS2/3/4, but if they don't fix this shatstorm, I am done with them forever and I don't think I'm alone in that matter.

This has been pissing me off for days. Thought I may be the only one. A quick trip to the forums confirms that many many others have the same issue.
I HOPE YOU'VE KEPT TABS ON HOW MUCH YOU OWE US CODIES!?
Jeez.
So much hope and promise to this game and you keep slipping up on the small stuff.

People depend on these credits to race. The cars cost credits to fix/race.  

This isnt a bunch of people ******** about graphics or the AI being to tough. This is a fundamental flaw and whoever is the guy to fix this stuff should have gotten into the office Friday night, at the latest. And his boss should have seen to it. That is basic business.

But, he didn't. All weekend, nothing. 

7 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

People depend on these credits to race. The cars cost credits to fix/race.  

yeah, imagine if it was real money and they needed it to eat or pay rent! 

you'll get your imaginary money eventually, don't worry.

8 hours ago, ianism said:

yeah, imagine if it was real money and they needed it to eat or pay rent! 

you mean like the real money people spent on the game?

not sure what's more annoying, the fact that the entire career mode has been unplayable for the last week or the fact that every time there's a major issue the CM  seem to come out in full force.

the fact is that CM were the ones that decided to implement this imaginary money system, and it's their servers which are broken, so they broke the thing that they implemented.  

so keep making your snarky comments all you want. you think you're defending CM but guys like you just make them look worse.

@Tranzitive

I don't recommend making comments when you're this mad, you'll just get yourself banned.

go away, get some perspective on life like my previous posts in this thread recommend. don't call people fellators (sic) or female genitals, it's sexist, homophobic, and extremely rude. 

great to see there's people on this forum that can actually turn into 13 year-old boys with no notice [/sarcasm]

@ianism

Guess who seems to be sexist, homophobic and sarcastic like a 7 year old boy, from your reply.

Guessed it right, you my friend.

Now you can continue do what you do, play what ever game they will give you, with no structural criticism so it can be better.

Feedback is fine, name-calling and personal insults are not, so let's avoid that 😉

Quick update: The team's aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

I was about to come here and say, Im officialy broke, and have no money to repair (even with a full staff) or upgrade my cars (had my first terminal, of course on a r5 yesterday)

But logged in, and all of å siden, rewards are popping up like zits before promnight. 

The team was on it first thing this morning, where they found a backlog issue.

Once that was cleared any rewards in the queue could flow right on through, so you should all be getting your rewards again now 🙂 

8 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The team was on it first thing this morning, where they found a backlog issue.

Once that was cleared any rewards in the queue could flow right on through, so you should all be getting your rewards again now 🙂 

There I was hoping for 60mil Cr in compensation too 😂

Still no rewards here. Not either for the new dlc credit drop or the monthly I finished. For some reason I got little credits for monthly I did not have time to finish.

This is really weird and annoying.

16 hours ago, parginos said:

@ianism

Guess who seems to be sexist, homophobic and sarcastic like a 7 year old boy, from your reply.

Guessed it right, you my friend.

Now you can continue do what you do, play what ever game they will give you, with no structural criticism so it can be better.

excuse me? read my posts more carefully. I am not the one name calling and implying certain sexual acts are demeaning, Tranzitive's post was edited by the moderators to take out the swearing: I was paraphrasing him.

I make suggestions and provide constructive criticism. I have made many suggestions in the suggestion box and mentioned a few ideas in the gossip thread, a couple of which have made it into the game - namely, better tire notifications and more DLC content in community events.

here are a few: 

while I do agree with posting in threads like this to let the devs know that there's a problem (which I also did), throwing the devs under the bus for something that is frankly pretty minor and clearly a temporary problem (it only lasted so long because it was a weekend) is ridiculous and doesn't solve anything because it's completely unconstructive.

come up with ideas to make the game better, don't whine incessantly about something that's going to be dealt with the next business day.

10 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Stop insulting other forum members. If you have nothing useful to say, say nothing.

What are you talking about? I was quoting his words, why you dont say anything to him?

And you say to me to stop. Get your act together moderator and read the post.

what is going on in here.... like all comments in this forums are useful and the mod says to me to say nothing.

The problem is that the moderator doesn't know at what clubs i am moderator.

So next time you attack someone you be careful.

10 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

If you have nothing useful to say, say nothing.

thats why you still havent respond to my message ,cause my free translation in greek for the game is not useful?

God bless the crackers 

Archived