Sign in to follow this  

Patch 1.5 next week

Posted (edited)

patch 1.5 is coming next week and the notes look a little slim, no mention of the games problems with shaded areas which is one of the most requested fixes although there is improvements to rain effects, I hope they fix the problem with certain cars having the wrong soft lock and implement a proper analog handbrake 

Edited by Evo8uk
  • Agree 3

• General stability improvements and minor bug fixes.

Well, lets hope it's under this one.

As the rain (which now hopefully will be fixed), and the pitch black sections.

Are the two things making me not enjoy the game to the max. Although I really love it, these fixed would make it my soulmate

• Agree 1

i hope so I just wish the patch notes detailed all the fixes instead of just saying minor bug fixes

17 hours ago, Evo8uk said:

patch 1.5 is coming next week and the notes look a little slim

In terms of bug fixes maybe, but this part:

Club support added to Freeplay.

is kind of a huge deal.

• Agree 3

I seem to recall the schedule goes something like:

middle of the month, patch released
following week, new location is available
following week, content download arrives, people complain about how long it's been since a patch
following week, new cars available, lots of speculation that Codemasters have abandoned the game and now focus solely on Grid/F1/Micro Machines/Rolling in all the cash from DR1
following week, patch released

---

Nice to see the cycle continue - hopefully 1.6 or 1.7 will have some improvements to lighting and even (wild dreams) times of day but looking forward to the night+rain updates in this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 4

Codemasters could learn a lot how to communicate with their customers/community from the devs of KUNOS from Assetto Corsa Competizione. 

This authentic sim released 3 weeks ago and they have almost 24/7 communication with us as racers, they put allready 2 hotfixes for the most important issues and they also make beta testing additional before rolling out as public. 

That's how it should go here with a niche sim like DR2.0 as well!!

Edited by MarkHam207
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, MarkHam207 said:

Codemasters could learn a lot how to communicate with their customers/community from the devs of KUNOS from Assetto Corsa Competizione. 

This authentic sim released 3 weeks ago and they have almost 24/7 communication with us as racers, they put allready 2 hotfixes for the most important issues and they also make beta testing additional before rolling out as public. 

they didn't lose more than 75% of their staff to go work on a much more important game (F1 2019) though, did they?

I'm not saying CM couldn't be better, or that pushing forward the release of F1 2019 2 months versus previously was a good idea, but it's worth pointing out.

I'm looking forward to the rain improvements and AI adjustments to Elite and Masters, though what I really want are more times of day and AI fixes for H2 FWD/R2 and Poland. And better tarmac physics?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, MarkHam207 said:

Here’s a link to an announcement of DR2.0 v1.2 patch from three weeks after launch http://blog.codemasters.com/community/03/dirt-rally-2-0-road-book-20-03-19/

And since starting 1 week ago the new Community Manager has posted an average of 6.8 posts per day, produced 3 blog articles and been active on plenty of other channels (Discord, Steam, Twitter etc) too.

But don’t let the truth get in the way of a good rant.

For the record, I would love CM to be more open about what’s in plan for the future and especially with regards to patches and scope for improvement (can someone please explain the choices behind the limited times of day and is there any chance of some morning and afternoon slots in future?) and often say they should look to the Il2 Sturmovik team for inspiration but it’s hardly any worse than average and there’s plenty to be thankful for.

We seem to be averaging a patch per 4 weeks, so could get another couple in before Estering arrives hopefully and, with a bit of luck, the hints around 2001 Imprezas and F2 Nissans means the game has some lifespan planned further beyond that too.

But for today, let's enjoy the patchy goodness of 1.5!

Edited by RodgerDavies
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 4

@RodgerDavies yeah, according to the schedule at https://steamdb.info/app/690790/depots/ it's generally 1 patch per location release, which are every 4 weeks.

only planned exceptions are for between Estering and whatever is the first release in Season 3, and the 1.10 one

also, this is the first time I've looked at that location list since Season 2 came out. there's enough room on there for 4 Seasons! 

tnt.gif~c200

Edited by ianism

1 hour ago, ianism said:

@RodgerDavies yeah, according to the schedule at https://steamdb.info/app/690790/depots/ it's generally 1 patch per location release, which are every 4 weeks.

only planned exceptions are for between Estering and whatever is the first release in Season 3, and the 1.10 one

also, this is the first time I've looked at that location list since Season 2 came out. there's enough room on there for 4 Seasons! 

There is, but I'm intrigued to see what happens with the two 1.7 entries - two Estering layouts? Going on numbers alone, there's the right number for COTA, Killarney, Spa and Abu Dhabi. I hope that's just a coincidence and at least two of them are Greece and Finland...

Enjoying the number of disagree votes on my previous post - was it the "there were two patches in the first three weeks of DR2" or the "community manager posted 6.8 forum posts per day in the last 7 day week" that people are disagreeing with? I was rounding with the "6.8" TBF

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

There is, but I'm intrigued to see what happens with the two 1.7 entries - two Estering layouts? Going on numbers alone, there's the right number for COTA, Killarney, Spa and Abu Dhabi. I hope that's just a coincidence and at least two of them are Greece and Finland...

what do you mean? after Season 2 is done, there's 6 more locations. those RX tracks add to 4. so even if all of them come into the game, there's still room for Finland and Greece.

also, if you're trying to get people to buy Seasons 3 & 4, having 4/6 locations being RX, and the remaining two just being remasters is not ideal. I'm hoping the Mexico theory is true.

9 hours ago, ianism said:

what do you mean? after Season 2 is done, there's 6 more locations. those RX tracks add to 4. so even if all of them come into the game, there's still room for Finland and Greece.

also, if you're trying to get people to buy Seasons 3 & 4, having 4/6 locations being RX, and the remaining two just being remasters is not ideal. I'm hoping the Mexico theory is true.

If you look at the numbers, there are two 1.7s and two 1.10s. Original theory was that each 1.7 may be a unique RX venue and they would be released in pairs, but that's proven not to be the case. Let's see what happens to the two 1.7s when Estering is released.

I think the Mexican flag is in game because one of the Landrush venues in D4 was in Mexico, so the texture is already in game.

• Agree 1

Well im going to give some positive thoughts on this update, first thing i noticed was the screen tearing has been addressed along with the weather effects and the car exterior/interior textures (xb1x) so well done CM.

The audio cutout bug seems to have been resolved as well but its early days yet on that one but there is another audio issue on the service area screen which i think has already been flagged.

Im loving the game despite the minor flaws 😊

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

If you look at the numbers, there are two 1.7s and two 1.10s. Original theory was that each 1.7 may be a unique RX venue and they would be released in pairs, but that's proven not to be the case. Let's see what happens to the two 1.7s when Estering is released.

I think the Mexican flag is in game because one of the Landrush venues in D4 was in Mexico, so the texture is already in game.

yes, I know I was fully on-board with that 2 RX tracks per month theory. my point is that the patch updates correspond to those 1.x numbers - so there might be a new location after Estering, but no patch, so the game stays on version 1.7 until the second Season 3 location.

and yeah 100% agreed on the landrush thing. I came up with that idea- at least I did so independently of anyone else who may have. I think that is very likely to be the case. I'm just hoping it's wrong.