Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This is what we get for Driver, Helmet and Car Customization in F1 2019:

 

 

This is what i personally would prefer for Customization:

 

 

Questions:

 

1. Will we get a fully fledged Editor Mode for the Customization of each individual item (Helmet, Visor, Gloves, Shoes, Kneepads, Car Livery etc.), as the one shown by Milestones MotoGP19?

 

2. Will there be the official teamsponsors shown on top of the Helmet (sponsor zones can be chosen on the Helmet, where the different respective sponsors will be shown whenever we change teams)?

 

3. Will we be able to choose from official Helmet, Glove and Shoe Brands (e.g. Arai, Schuberth, Alpine, Puma, OMP etc.)?

 

4. Will we get the option to choose driver height and weight, as well as hairstyle, beard, make up, cap styles (Flat or Curved), skin tone, eye color, voice, tattoos and piercings?

 

5. Will we get a full editor to customize the face of our avatar (as in FIFA or The Sims etc.)?

 

6. If not for F1 2019, is this something that will be added for later titles, and if not, why? 

 

More Customization has been added this year, a good step into the right direction, which CM deserve all the positive credits for, but, it could be much better if compared to all the competition in the gaming industry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also post this to Off-topic, GRID, DiRT and General forums to clutter up the forums a bit more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am shocked to think players thought it would be anything other than what Codemasters showed in thier stream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Questions:

1. Will we get a fully fledged Editor Mode for the Customization of each individual item (Helmet, Visor, Gloves, Shoes, Kneepads, Car Livery etc.), as the one shown by Milestones MotoGP19?

2. Will there be the official teamsponsors shown on top of the Helmet (sponsor zones can be chosen on the Helmet, where the different respective sponsors will be shown whenever we change teams)?

3. Will we be able to choose from official Helmet, Glove and Shoe Brands (e.g. Arai, Schuberth, Alpine, Puma, OMP etc.)?

4. Will we get the option to choose driver height and weight, as well as hairstyle, beard, make up, cap styles (Flat or Curved), skin tone, eye color, voice, tattoos and piercings?

5. Will we get a full editor to customize the face of our avatar (as in FIFA or The Sims etc.)?

6. If not for F1 2019, is this something that will be added for later titles, and if not, why? 

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. No.

5. No.

6. No.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question

Was it worth Codemasters waisting all that time implementing, Instead of actual features / bug fixes that are needed :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Codies "customization" is always just a joke. Nothing new.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 11.00 says customization is very important and they give us this... I really consider refunding my pre order

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You only see your driver for 3 seconds on the podium, and even then you don't see him celebrate (due to randomisers cut scenes) that much getting out of car with helmet on for about 3 seconds. You see your driver for about 6secs max during a race weekend, hardly reason for them to focus that much on it.

I would rather instead of a dull same podium, if you win a race it focuses on your driver with crash helmet on celebrating near the car 

Edited by Jajb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 2:54 AM, AScott said:

Question

Was it worth Codemasters waisting all that time implementing, Instead of actual features / bug fixes that are needed 🙂

 

Brought to you by the guy who requested different main menu versions because he doesn't want Hamilton's face in it. 

The devs who design these items are not the same developers who create gameplay features or work on bug fixes. More of this doesn't mean less of anything else, so I wouldn't call it a bad thing. It's a welcome change to see some more customisation and I hope it will be expanded with a proper design/tool editor in the future. 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

 

Brought to you by the guy who requested different main menu versions because he doesn't want Hamilton's face in it. 

The devs who design these items are not the same developers who create gameplay features or work on bug fixes. More of this doesn't mean less of anything else, so I wouldn't call it a bad thing. It's a welcome change to see some more customisation and I hope it will be expanded with a proper design/tool editor in the future. 

Requesting a different photo in the main menu for the Legends Editions ( HIGHER PRICE, A TRUE SUPPORTER OF THE FRANCHISE 😉 😄 ), is a whole another sport compared to requesting a Forza paint by numbers feature,

How much extra are these players paying for this Forza paint by numbers feature ? Nothing, Nowt, Zero, Ziltch. and after all the hours and cost spend by Codemasters, all they do is complain about it, seems like a whole waist of time and money, 

Launch day they'll be complaing about all the bugs that havent been fixed from F1 2018, well the majority on the forum only have them selfs to blame, if they didn't waist Codemasters time and money with arcade doo doo requests, perhaps theyd be able to spend time on important stuff,

A photo change, takes what literally 2 minutes, theve already done it on the front cover ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, AScott said:

Requesting a different photo in the main menu for the Legends Editions ( HIGHER PRICE, A TRUE SUPPORTER OF THE FRANCHISE 😉 😄 ), is a whole another sport compared to requesting a Forza paint by numbers feature,

How much extra are these players paying for this Forza paint by numbers feature ? Nothing, Nowt, Zero, Ziltch. and after all the hours and cost spend by Codemasters, all they do is complain about it, seems like a whole waist of time and money, 

Launch day they'll be complaing about all the bugs that havent been fixed from F1 2018, well the majority on the forum only have them selfs to blame, if they didn't waist Codemasters time and money with arcade doo doo requests, perhaps theyd be able to spend time on important stuff,

A photo change, takes what literally 2 minutes, theve already done it on the front cover ) 

it's the most ridiculous request I have seen ever on this forum. It's selfish, it's narcissistic and it is entitlement. Because you bought the same version of the game as I will you want me to look at a different picture than the one was planned? I'm a Hamilton fan so why should it change for me as well? I bought every version of F1 even the Wii version. You claim it to be an easy job. Just two minutes of their time especially allocated to you. Well if you get a say in that I also want 2 minutes of their time because I want to change your picture again in to one of Hamilton but I want another picture. I want a picture from Hamilton in Monaco with the Niki cap on his head. Anyone else buying the legend version that wants to use the 2 minutes of codemasters time that is allocated to you because you bought the legend version and are a true supporter of the franchise? :classic_laugh:

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:32 AM, Auryel27 said:

 11.00 says customization is very important and they give us this... I really consider refunding my pre order

It seems nobody is showing any vision these days at codemasters like lets try this or that while keeping within the licence restrictions lets play past F1 games from xbox and ps3 and learn from what they have done. (Nobody truly knows if there is as much restrictions on licencing as they are letting on) Steve hood had the right idea you could tell he wanted to do something for the fans even with one hand tied behind his back in the xbox 360 PS3 days.

I'm starting to believe even now that when we get to 2021 they will employ the same copy paste tactics with the project scarlett and PS5 consoles. Except for tarting up the graphics a bit and say here you go 2021 season but we promise we will have classic tracks next year pinky promise.

It may seem like I'm on a rant. In the end I just find the whole thing 2019 legends edition and the game in general a bit disheartening to be honest after the F2 career mode microtransactions etc. I will still buy the game but only as cheaply as possible.

Edited by Chromatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

it's the most ridiculous request I have seen ever on this forum. It's selfish, it's narcissistic and it is entitlement. Because you bought the same version of the game as I will you want me to look at a different picture than the one was planned? I'm a Hamilton fan so why should it change for me as well? I bought every version of F1 even the Wii version. You claim it to be an easy job. Just two minutes of their time especially allocated to you. Well if you get a say in that I also want 2 minutes of their time because I want to change your picture again in to one of Hamilton but I want another picture. I want a picture from Hamilton in Monaco with the Niki cap on his head. Anyone else buying the legend version that wants to use the 2 minutes of codemasters time that is allocated to you because you bought the legend version and are a true supporter of the franchise? :classic_laugh:

BelguimKID I wasnt reply to you, look around this forum its full of ridiculous requests,

 

If you dont like want Codemasters are offering,

Buy yourself your own studio and start making F1 games yourself 🤧

  • Disagree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AScott said:

BelguimKID I wasnt reply to you, look around this forum its full of ridiculous requests,

 

If you dont like want Codemasters are offering,

Buy yourself your own studio and start making F1 games yourself 🤧

Really?

Edited by Chromatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Really?

REALLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×