DiRT Rally 2.0, Version 1.5: Content Not Installed Error [Update: Hotfix Available]

------ Update ------

The team has issued a hotfix for this issue which will begin rolling out from Thursday, June 13 at 12.00 BST on all platforms.

This update to the game specifically addresses this one bug, and contains no other changes or additional features.

Thank you for your feedback and patience.

------ Original Post ------

World RX in Motion  (5).jpg

Hello DiRT players,

Following the release of DiRT Rally 2.0 version 1.5 earlier today, a bug has surfaced whereby players may get a “Content Not Installed” message when they log in.

The DiRT team is fully aware of this issue and is developing a hotfix, which will be released as soon as possible.

This bug is related to the upcoming addition of Latvia RX and how the game handles files related to the FIA World Rallycross Championship game mode, within the Freeplay tab on the main menu.

Below this error message 3 options appear:

• Cancel
  • Remove Content and Continue
  • Create new Save Game

If you want to continue playing immediately instead of waiting for the hotfix, we suggest that you select the second option: Remove Content and Continue.

This will allow you to resume playing DiRT Rally 2.0. If you have made any progress in the FIA World Rallycross Championship however that will reset.

This action does not affect your My Team progress or any other game mode.

If you start another FIA World Rallycross Championship event after this action the issue will arise again when you log in.

We apologise for any inconvenience this issue may cause you and will resolve it as soon as possible.

Edited by PJTierney
Updating with Codemasters status.
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Disagree 3

will also have to fix it in the next update!

One PS4, in my team, I press triangle directly on a weekly event to see the final ranking and it displays the result of a single stage
The ranking problem is not solved

• Sad 1

With the new update the engine tuning research doenst seem to work anymore. I drove the daily with my new bought C3 but no engine mapping whatsoever. Please look in to this. PS4 btw

• Agree 4

You know CM, I have defended you all the way. But this is just f**kd. You just ruined my trust to you.

Just go away, dont want to see you right now. 

• Disagree 2

year 2000, my first video game of any kind, PS1 xmas present and Colin McRae Rally and a playseat.

I was even rallydriving for real in those days. Although no experience of game developers, I thought it was just brilliant. Codemasters I thought thats an easy to remember name.  And I have for nearly 20 years Codemasters have made the best rally games, (In my opinion). I bought them all. 

I've tried others, Sega Rally, RBR (nice game, way too involving) and many others. Simple is best, and you guys hit the target everytime. Dirt Rally (1) sic,  wowser incredible originally, V2 ballsed that up, you updated it and the game almost fell apart at the seams (again in my opinion). But, ever faithful to the name, following crushing dissappointment of the WRC genre, Dirt 2.0 looked, on paper (read reviews) at least was going to knock it out of the park. 

So what happened Coademasters? Generally it's a great game, but boy oh boy are you making a bloody shambles of it!!! Every update/patch is just a minefield of faults, do you not test these updates? Get some of your beta testers to download them first a few days beforehand to see if they work before releasing them on to the unsuspecting (not anymore) public?

Steam is downloading the update as I write this, I'm actually afraid to launch the game right now.  Future profits can often rely on past results. 

You guys really do need to get your act together on this one. You're Codemasters, >CODE-MASTERS<  you should be the best.  This isn't your best. Sorry.   

• Disagree 1

this is why if you have an issue that happens over the weekend you go into the office to sort it out. because these sorts of things tend to back up. and if you have two issues so quickly in a row after each other, customers lose faith very quickly. and this so close to the release of their biggest title too (the F1 game). it doesn't exactly inspire confidence among consumers.

this current error message doesn't seem like a big deal and it's an easy workaround for the player but imagine a customer that doesn't check the forum, Reddit and so forth. what are they going to think, and how are they going to know what to do? 

also can confirm upgrade distance doesn't seem to be triggering after doing community events. every patch just seems to break something rather than fix it ...

• Disagree 1

Perhaps the upgrade distance is working but its notification got obfuscated with the new one they added.

1 hour ago, Tranzitive said:

and this so close to the release of their biggest title too (the F1 game). it doesn't exactly inspire confidence among consumers.

this current error message doesn't seem like a big deal and it's an easy workaround for the player but imagine a customer that doesn't check the forum, Reddit and so forth. what are they going to think, and how are they going to know what to do? 

also can confirm upgrade distance doesn't seem to be triggering after doing community events. every patch just seems to break something rather than fix it ...

Yep. I've got a rather expensive Fanatec rim for F1 ordered specifically for this and am really close to cancel long. It would have already been done if their customer service wasn't also less than good.

I love DR2.0, but this is something you expect the first month and not 6 months later. 

• Disagree 1

Před 4 hodinami řekl PJTierney:

Chyby ve hře? Stávající vozy + auta ze sezóny 1 a 2 ... Chytré ochranné rámy nebo rámy, které nelze použít (Ford Focus WRC a Subaru Impreza WRX), z pohledu vozu nelogicky umístěné a nečitelné alarmy přístrojů (Škoda Fabia WRC, VW Polo R5) štítek s názvem posádky na skle černé namísto bílé, v pohledu z pohledu není viditelný na trati, protože místo deště padajících bílých čar. 

Před 4 hodinami řekl PJTierney:

Edited by JirkaKuda08
  • Confused 1

I can  see NO Latvia however i found ANOTHER BUG...
If you set up your cars, sound of the crew, mechanics, reporters, supporters etc. disappears. When you leave set up menu, all sound / noise goes back. Funny bug

2 hours ago, mesa said:

I can  see NO Latvia however i found ANOTHER BUG...
If you set up your cars, sound of the crew, mechanics, reporters, supporters etc. disappears. When you leave set up menu, all sound / noise goes back. Funny bug

Cmon, Latvia will come out next tuesday on the 18th....

dirt-rally-2-0-season-2-dlc-launch-jpg.309137

36 minutes ago, JorritVD said:

i did not say the opposite. Let's focus on Bugs...

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2019.06.11 - 20.37.10.43.png

11 hours ago, JorritVD said:

dirt-rally-2-0-season-2-dlc-launch-jpg.309137

Latvia RX is out next week but the files are in 1.5.

• Agree 2

@PJTierney PJ, I give you credit for the patience and hard work you’re putting into stepping into Christina’s shoes, but man, something has got to change with DR2.0. This game has such a good skeleton and it’s beginning to really get fleshed out and progressing well, but this latest update seems like a real flop. I haven’t been on since the update due to work and other things, and I fire it up tonight, and I get the subjected content error. ***?!? I appreciate you guys working on a hot fix for this, but how did this happen in the first place? Who is signing off on these updates when every one that comes out has some sort of error just as before or there are new bugs? This is such a disappointment. I’ve been sticking with and sticking up for this game since the beginning, but it’s losing its way. I would really like to see this game succeed, but I’ll be honest, I’m losing faith. I know that doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme, but this game can go down as the best rally game on current consoles, or it can be known as a beautiful failure. Please have the guys focus on the BIG BUGS (sound cut outs, frame rate issues, RX cars should remain DiRTY if we want them, not washed) and truly take the best from DR1, the best from Dirt 4, and Make DiRT Great Again (the best iteration of that Make ____ Great Again in my opinion).

• Agree 3

Hi,

Downloaded this today and got content not installed on my ps4? Took ages?

Now when I switched on again, it wants to install it again? But have no data left! It took it all the first time.

So no game?

For some reason it's called update 1.09 on ps4? And it's 30gb?

What now guys?

Edited by Raydetinu

2 hours ago, Raydetinu said:

For some reason it's called update 1.09 on ps4? And it's 30gb?

yes it's called update 1.09 on PS4. it's game version 1.5. the updates are just named differently on different platforms.

the update file is not 30gb however. it's around 9gb on PS4. it sounds like your PS4/PSN installed the entire game again, not just the update.

Thanks,

It was 9GB the first time! But would not run due to error!

But now it is 30GB? Can't play game at all now.

What have they done to me? Is my game now dead!

No point in downloading 30GB if I get the same problem, and will have to wait a whole month to get new data allowance back anyway.

• Agree 1

I wish I was aware of this thread earlier.

I received this message when I loaded it up for the first time after the "update", and didn't really know what was happening. So I chose the bottom option, "Create new Save Game". Unfortunately this deleted all of my saved settings (Controller, Game, Graphics, Sound) resulting in losing all of my previous progress, and basically having to start the whole game over again. 

Fortunately I had written down all of my Controller and Game settings, so not a huge hassle, but it might have been nice to know in advance what the issue was, and helping me to choose the better option.

Hello again everyone 🙂

Just wanted to let you all know that a small update will start rolling out shortly (from 12.00 BST).

This update specifically addresses this Content Not Installed issue, and doesn't feature any other changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

is there a problem also regarding Sweden and Germany links to clubs in this update?

Thanks all

Edited by WERTBABANA

On 6/11/2019 at 10:57 PM, JorritVD said:

" Latvia RX is out next week but the files are in 1.5. "
" This bug is related to the upcoming addition of Latvia RX and how the game handles files related to the FIA World Rallycross Championship game mode, within the Freeplay tab on the main menu. "

5 minutes ago, WERTBABANA said:

is there a problem also regarding Sweden and Germany links to clubs in this update?

31 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

This update specifically addresses this Content Not Installed issue, and doesn't feature any other changes.

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2019 at 3:56 PM, fillipfilloppe said:

Carpetmasters at their best again

🙄

BUTCH_41.thumb.jpg.23b140a4018550d49b27f32e94e373e6.jpg