DiRT Rally 2.0, Version 1.5: Bug Reporting Thread

12 hours ago, KoAStR said:

PC deluxe edition. Running an AMD RX580. Never seen this before v1.5. Rendered the stage undriveable. So I paused and grabbed this video. The effect persisted even after ALT+Enter input, in the replay, and when the service area when loading up a new event (so didn't bother starting that one). Restarting the game resolved the issue. Will update graphics drivers and see if it happens again.

Also recommended repairs bugged out on first time repair of a used MG metro... same as reported in v1.4 where components out of view stay on 'no fix' until scrolling down to view and re-selecting "recommended repairs".

That looks a lot like artifacting, you might want to see if your gpu temp is getting high in game just make sure. I have the RX580 too havent had an issue with that yet mine is the powercolor red devil version. Game could be putting stress on the card for some reason memory leak or something. But i noticed a bit of improvement with the 19.6.1 update after using the clean install option.

My gripes have been fixed since the difficulty change is here and pro is almost too easy but i wont complain, my car stays dirty between service stations. Rallycross AI is much better still alot of contact at the beginning and sometimes uncleaned cars but who cares if their cars are clean? Heavy rain is not so heavy any more, seems like its mostly just removed any reflection from it and specular mapping, although I was fine with it before because When it rains heavy in my area in real life you cant see but like 10ft in front of you. Tire is fixed after I finish a stage with it gone but I noticed it seems to comeback with the lowest durability because it will pop again very quickly almost like a patch job.

• Thanks 1

Also this happened to me in both 1.4.1 and 1.5. After finishing stages while in Hood cam. Its not a huge deal as its very rare and also I kind of like it when i get a decent stage like that, it makes for a hilarious replay.
V1.5 It was very distracting lol at one point i did try and damage the vehicle while in 3rd person to see if it would change anything and it did not. At the very end I exit to main menu and re-enter the event and it is fixed.

V1.4.1

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Hi all 

just wondering if any of you guys/gals have experienced this bug I myself have, I have the deluxe edition of dirty 2.0 and any time I go into the daily/weekly challenges it tells me that i dont have the required content and points me towards the PlayStation store to purchase it I have now the little blue icon next to my name when am in a lobby with friends but over in the top right hand corner there is the red standard icon i have tried to uninstall the game and deleted my saved data regarding this game but every time i login and create my profile again its still the same is this data corrupted on the dirt 2.0 server? can someone from codemasters help explain this to me.

many thanks Ray

12 minutes ago, raygunX2147 said:

Hi all 

just wondering if any of you guys/gals have experienced this bug I myself have, I have the deluxe edition of dirty 2.0 and any time I go into the daily/weekly challenges it tells me that i dont have the required content and points me towards the PlayStation store to purchase it I have now the little blue icon next to my name when am in a lobby with friends but over in the top right hand corner there is the red standard icon i have tried to uninstall the game and deleted my saved data regarding this game but every time i login and create my profile again its still the same is this data corrupted on the dirt 2.0 server? can someone from codemasters help explain this to me.

many thanks Ray

Regarding PS4 DLC, first have a look at this; 

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/38465-dirt-rally-20-dlc-entitlement-faq-ps4/

if you're still having trouble after that then email us (link's in the thread).

Heads up, an small update is rolling out this afternoon to resolve the following:

This 1.5 thread will remain open as the catch-all as this additional patch only addresses one specific issue.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Flens07 said:

So we are in a real simulation?

- If you do not have a new tire after a stage, nobody in the real life will send you on the rims
- After all, no one will be sent out anyone  without any light (if ithas broken during the formerly the stage).

This is nonsense! Offer penalties - but not in this shape!

yes they will!!! Last year in Portugal, Kris Meeke drove a SS with just 3 tires because he had punctured before and had no more spares... It was a street stage with just 2Km, but he drove the full SS with one of the wheels in the rim...

Edited by Opassac
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2019 at 4:48 PM, Riggs said:

25. The portuguese translation or "Clear" weather is wrong, it should say "Céu Limpo" or simply "Limpo" and not "Limpar". "Limpar" is used as "to clean", and "limpo" alone makes no sense because that's just not how we use the verbs, we say it's "clear" like "sky clear", which doesnt make sense in english but that's the way it is in PT-PT and PT-BR. Eitherway, rather have it shown as "Limpo" than "Limpar". ( https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/36317-dirt-rally-20-v13-found-a-bug-post-it-here/?do=findComment&comment=415813 )

Another bad translation that was in previous iterations and still remains in 1.15 is the translation of Hard tires to Portuguese. In the game it's translated as "dificil" (i'm not sure, because i'm away from home) when it should be "Duro". In portuguese lexicon, we have at least two words that could be translated as hard ("dificil" - the opposite of easy, and "duro" - the opposite of soft).

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Opassac said:

Another bad translation that was in previous iterations and still remains in 1.15 is the translation of Hard tires to Portuguese. In the game it's translated as "dificil" (i'm not sure, because i'm away from home) when it should be "Duro". In portuguese lexicon, we have at least two words that could be translated as hard ("dificil" - the opposite of easy, and "duro" - the opposite of soft).

Nice catch. I use my game in english so I don't spot these things. Appended to #25.

• Thanks 1

I lost the sound in the last stage of your Club's Expert Dirt Event, so 10 km without the co-pilot and the engine. 😩. North Fork pass, Subaru 1995, XboxOne X.

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

Nice catch. I use my game in english so I don't spot these things. Appended to #25.

Whenever i can, i use the english versions of games (mainly because translations are usually not very good)... However, i'm in PS4 and i bought DR2 using a US account that i also own, so, unfortunately, i have to use the portuguese (or brazillian?) version of the game... 

Framerate drops still exist. Patch 1.5.1, Season 2. Devs do you try to do something with this?

• Agree 1

hi men,

a little list of details i saw could improve the W1st rally game:

1)-bloody haze all around, can't ever see bright clear, feel my eyes accuracy got early fade... i had quit dirt 4 bcoz of too often foggy stages

(exemple that area in mexico with flashy shaking view remains unfixed since begginning, is it a voodoo stuff with inca's Sun god ?)

2)- at least, could accept blind test if copilot was trusty, which is not the case : in real he would have got fired for long, especially when massive changes of rythm, need to anticipate, like L5, R6, R5, L6,...R2.... oups That's too LATE man! so we need to learn by heart which i hate and consider not rally spirit. I have no time to play 6hpday, i need a red fish memory copilot. Or i go on Assetto. Track is 4km long, rally stages are 12 !

(exemple zienki's end in poland is just a trick....) what's the point, i don't imagine N. Wrist telling McRae ""haha, gotchya !" 

3)-i'm surprised about damper ajustment explanations, ("fast" for big bumps, "slow" for small dribbling, this is just the opposite of other explanations, then i don't know if only the explanation is faulty or if the game reverses those settings

on top of that i would like to know if suspension gear is same on tarmac and gravel, and neutral values same on different cars because the setting experience in the game differs from real theory.

I'm still having the following issue, platform PS4 regarding unlocking trophies. I am a deluxe owner and are somehow not able to achieve the adaptable trophy in custom games after finishing and driving multiple stages in every possible weather scenario as described in the trophy. Is it because you cannot unlock it in custom games or is it somehow still bugged?

Any other people having this problem as well maybe (either on PS4 or any other platform?). It is one of the last trophies I need to unlock platinum. 

Last but not least, I was wondering if that fire up that car again trophy is still bugged or fixed for any other players (PS4) because I heard some complains about that trophy as well, all the other trophies have been patched a long time ago thanks to Codemasters effort.

What platform you're playing on.

PC, Dxdiag attached.

Whether you're a Standard Edition or Deluxe edition user.

Deluxe 1.5.1

Where the bug happened.

Catamarca province Argentina, Calle de los puentes a la inversa, Daytime / Clear / Dry Surface, Car can be any, Mode can be any, tested in Time Trial and Career.

Have you been able to reproduce the bug?

It happens always. I still even can't play career.

If you have been able to reproduce the bug, post as clearly as possible the steps you went through to trigger it.

1. Start Game
  2. Choose Career first race or Time Trial
  3. Select Catamarca province Argentina, Calle de los puentes a la inversa, Daytime / Clear / Dry Surface, Car can be any.
  4. Start Race
  5. Do offroad drive, first I catch this bug, then try cut 1st left hard turn in pre-release version. It often happens, when car gets into offroad.

Screenshots or video would be nice too but a detailed description is often good enough.

Statistics in upper left corner.

Sorry for swearing. I like codemasters rally games so much, but Dirt 4 disappointed me, and DR2 unplayable so much time.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Awasaky

28 minutes ago, DeRechter said:

I'm still having the following issue, platform PS4 regarding unlocking trophies. I am a deluxe owner and are somehow not able to achieve the adaptable trophy in custom games after finishing and driving multiple stages in every possible weather scenario as described in the trophy. Is it because you cannot unlock it in custom games or is it somehow still bugged?

Any other people having this problem as well maybe (either on PS4 or any other platform?). It is one of the last trophies I need to unlock platinum. 

Last but not least, I was wondering if that fire up that car again trophy is still bugged or fixed for any other players (PS4) because I heard some complains about that trophy as well, all the other trophies have been patched a long time ago thanks to Codemasters effort.

I got the "fire up that car... again" achievement this week (or maybe last week), so i guess it's working. I'm a PS4 player.

Edited by Opassac

43 minutes ago, Opassac said:

I got the "fire up that car... again" achievement this week (or maybe last week), so i guess it's working. I'm a PS4 player.

Alright, guess that one got patched then or something, at least thanks for your reply! Seems like that the adaptable trophy the last one is that needs to be fixed then (on PS4 at least)

• Agree 1

Some strangeness going on with My Team rally tyres. After selecting and racing on Soft tyres for 2 stages and then hitting service - It will tell me my used tyres were Mediums.
The RX 205 T16 in the My Team garage will show upgrades in the wrong order. They show 1-2-3-4-6-5 with 6 and 5 showing no performance difference.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Aurora92 said:

Some strangeness going on with My Team rally tyres. After selecting and racing on Soft tyres for 2 stages and then hitting service - It will tell me my used tyres were Mediums.
The RX 205 T16 in the My Team garage will show upgrades in the wrong order. They show 1-2-3-4-6-5 with 6 and 5 showing no performance difference.

I just noticed this myself on pc. Happens every stage and event without fail. And it doesn't effect your tire change usage. I can tell the game is putting soft on because of the grip. So essentially I'm getting unlimited tire changes. Not complaining in the mean time lol.

After this morning's update, I can no longer submit Monte Carlo championships with more than 1 stage.

I am also unable to submit any championship with 12 stages. I receive 400 Bad Request responses. 

THE WORK AROUND:
- create a 1 event, 1 stage championship
- set the start date at least 30 minutes in the future (you're going to need time)
- create championship, it will successfully process with only a 1x1 championship
- go and edit the upcoming championship
- add all of the stages/events back to it you wanted
- do so in small batches, as sometimes the change will not take and you have to restart the edit

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, nukeded said:

I just noticed this myself on pc. Happens every stage and event without fail. And it doesn't effect your tire change usage. I can tell the game is putting soft on because of the grip. So essentially I'm getting unlimited tire changes. Not complaining in the mean time lol.

I noticed this too. Forgot to mention it!

A Strange thing is happening with the AI as well. I thought it was just the marker but it seems to be coinciding with the actual times as well and it can make the AI at times unbeatable. No matter how fast or slow you go it happens. The AI appears to completely stop, then once you hit a certain point on the track it rockets back up to you and always the same difference behind you or right at your current time. According to the time this happens its like 1s and squares don't exist. This is two points in the same stage, I even went off the track on the second and it still waited for me.

I eve

Standings table in online events still nor fixed for me: I see people below me, but not directly above. When I go up it changes view and loads times, but not people directly above me. I believe it's known issue so no screen or sth needed (I already posted it).

I've never had soundcut bug, but after 1.5 music stops playing sometime in service area and then after I start stage or practice run, sound is ok.