DiRT Rally 2.0, Version 1.5: Bug Reporting Thread

*Mouse cursor stays on.

*Audio for Buttkickers stays on when pausing.

*Not a bug, but FFB, Buttkickers and Motion for seat base needs to stay on up to point of stopping at Marshal and only turning off when screen changes, very disconcerting when you go through Checkered Flag.

Noticed the sound moves right to left on the Joker lap in Latvia. Don't think the start lights are working either, other than that Latvia is awesome.

Posted (edited)

Just quickly whipped up this video to demonstrate the new issue regarding the missing gravel deformation/rutting/skidmark effects.

These effects disappeared from gravel stages with update v1.5 or v1.5.1, even if all PC graphical settings are on maximum (including "skidmarks").

Purely visual/cosmetic, but it does take away from the immersion in replays, especially in the wetter and muddier conditions.

Unfortunately I do not have any of my own recordings from previous versions of the game, so I'm just comparing it to the effects still present in Dirt Rally 1 and Dirt 4.

Edit - here is a video from YouTube demonstrating the effect working in a previous build: 

Edited by Hayden120
  • Agree 4

On 6/11/2019 at 5:48 PM, Riggs said:

PS4 (and maybe Xbox) - There's reports of Modern Classics achievement not unlocking.

@Riggs You can scratch this one from your list. The Historic Championships are now unlocking properly (on PS4 Pro).

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ianism said:

a) yes I'm having the same issue

b) breaking car on shakedown has always cost you money in this game, just like crashing between finish line and marshal. car remains dirty since the last update: cars now stay dirty between stages, shakedowns were included too. kms in shakedowns never counted towards mileage, maybe because the mileage is supposed to be competitive?

b) I know, I just realised it's a bit weird for me.

PS4 Deluxe

Leaderboard at end of stages not highlighting my time and no "Find Me" option!

Having to scroll to find me

Two stages today so far!

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, scottishjim said:

PS4 Deluxe

Leaderboard at end of stages not highlighting my time and no "Find Me" option!

Having to scroll to find me

Two stages today so far!

ya everyone's got that it seems.

also since the 1.5 or 1.51 when arriving at a service station in gravel stages I often have medium tires, when I'm pretty sure I selected soft at the previous service.

Posted (edited)

Visibility incoherences between interior cameras and bonnet (and/or other exterior cameras) during Sunset/Heavy Snow conditions in Sweden.

SPOILER_Sem_Titulo.pngSPOILER_Sem_Titulo2.png

Sem_Titulo3.pngSem_Titulo4.png

Sem_Titulo5.pngSem_Titulo6.png

Please bring us the DiRT Rally 1 dashcam back... This could be due to HDR adjustments to account for the black panels of the cockpit. With a proper dashcam/windshield camera, this HDR adjustment would be minor and it would also grant better angle/fov.

@PJTierney Please forward this one to the team as well. Thanks.

List updated

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 5

6 hours ago, Mastoideu said:

@Riggs You can scratch this one from your list. The Historic Championships are now unlocking properly (on PS4 Pro).

Right now It wont unlock 3 trophies for me:

Watch the delta -  have all the cars

Living the dream - have all the cars

Past and present - Won one of the championships

Are you sure you bought the cars that were given free with the deluxe edition (impreza 1995 and audi quattro), if you've purchased it?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Knuppen69 said:

Lol sorry I did a mess with the replies, look the previous comment I mare

Edited by AnegloPlz

1 hour ago, Knuppen69 said:

yes, you need to buy all of them. so go buy the Impreza and Quattro if you haven't already. that should do it. you can sell them again after.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ianism said:

yes, you need to buy all of them. so go buy the Impreza and Quattro if you haven't already. that should do it. you can sell them again after.

Bought the Quattro now but it didnt work. Will try the Impreza when it comes for sale. 

Will also try the R2 championship to see if that helps. Winning the R5 championship didnt give me the trophy.

Is there any way you can check your progress on PS4 for the Group A and B cars?

Edited by Knuppen69

As already mentioned in an earlier post I also have a massive input lag (1/4-1/2 sec) for my steering wheel (SimuCube 1) since this release and the FFB is still lagging any info regarding tire slip.

Not sure why I paid for the Deluxe version of this game as it is still not playable for me, esp. in comparison to Dirt Rally and the other games I play from time to time (AC and R3E).

Together with Dirt 4 I paid >100€ for two games I played less than 50 hours overall compared to Dirt Rally that I played >1100 hours - based on this experience I will not buy any new title from Codemasters before they were massively tested by end users and they released several updates. If the updates are not working at all according I even will not buy it to save my money.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, SkiddyMcCrash said:

Have you tried disabling core 0 in core affinity.

Task Manager - Details - DiRT Rally 2.0 exe - Core Affinity - Uncheck the lowest number core, leave all the others ticked.

I had not, but just did. No difference unfortunately. Still big skips every few seconds, bad enough to be unplayable. 

5 hours ago, Knuppen69 said:

Bought the Quattro now but it didnt work. Will try the Impreza when it comes for sale. 

Will also try the R2 championship to see if that helps. Winning the R5 championship didnt give me the trophy.

Is there any way you can check your progress on PS4 for the Group A and B cars?

alright, sell the quattro and buy the other Group B cars one at a time. you'll get it eventually. it's possibile you bought them when it was still bugged - buying them is what triggers the achievement, so it won't notice that they're already in the garage.

what R5 championship trophy? I don't know what you're talking about there, sorry.

hey, I bought deluxe and everything extra cost about this game, on the xbox one it is showing everything is installed BUT

this morning, XC grB desappeared, cars desappeared from my garage (seems even reloaded my credit fund), and i can't enter the D+ daily stages

(message even quotes montecarlo which is not the place, asking to buy on market place, but there every extension is already owned

why the mess ?!

Hi. I have a problem with the monthly event. It shows that its over but my rewards gauge doesn’t fill and my car is locked by the event and I can’t use it for other event. 

FB8A696B-19C4-481A-B386-E40778B93DD9.png

2 hours ago, fcuvillier972 said:

hey, I bought deluxe and everything extra cost about this game, on the xbox one it is showing everything is installed BUT

this morning, XC grB desappeared, cars desappeared from my garage (seems even reloaded my credit fund), and i can't enter the D+ daily stages

(message even quotes montecarlo which is not the place, asking to buy on market place, but there every extension is already owned

why the mess ?!

same for me

• Agree 1

A few quality of life things I'd like to point out.

Platform: Steam - Deluxe owner, all bugs listed were noticed custom events as the AI issues render Career RX unplayable

• RX AI is still ridiculously broken (As seen here - https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/37295-dirt-rally-20-v14-found-a-bug-post-it-here-update-v141/?do=findComment&comment=429065), for reference, it seems fine in Barcelona, Spain on 85% difficulty
  • The start lights do not work at Mettet, Belgium or Bikernieki, Latvia
  • The new "Consolidation Finals" elimination setting in custom RX events needs a toggle on/off rather than just being on regardless, current World RX events do not do consolidation finals
  • Doing a custom championship with more than 1 event and selecting to continue after the first event will select the first car from the class and you will not continue with the car you originally selected (Reproduceable every time)
  • Similarly, quitting to main menu after the first event, upon reloading the championship it will prompt you to choose a car rather than continuing with the car you originally selected (Reproduceable every time) - if this is by design, it needs a toggle on/off when creating the championship
  • Agree 2

I bought Dirt rally 2.0 digital deluxe edition via xbox store and at the moment I can play it on my console without problem.. But users on my home console can't play deluxe content races (these with D+ blue icon on top right corner). All components from Deluxe pack are installed. Any ideas where can be the issue? I did not tried it personally to play on home console yet as it's most of time occupied by family members.

When they arrange this cabbage of graphics on consoles of lesser power ???? Absurd:classic_angry:

• Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, Thierry97 said:

When they arrange this cabbage of graphics on consoles of lesser power ???? Absurd:classic_angry:

And he's back🤔🤔

• Haha 1