Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0, Version 1.5: Bug Reporting Thread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So tried playing Dirt 2.0 this morn and last night. And I can't get above 25 fps on race no matter the settings. Last time I played before the last update was avg 70fps. What happened? Not having issues with any other game. 

Edited by GaPacBR3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello. I report here major issues I think still should be fixed. I report them also because they occurs also to some of my friends despite they have different rigs.

Sound issues (even if I'm pretty sure they are already reported):

- sounds disappears randomly when driving; (atm my workaround is pause the game, then pull out the green jack from audio card entry on the back of my pc, plug in it again, sounds are back and so I can finish the stage without progress losses or restarts, but of course can't be considered a definitive solution imho).

- some weird sounds, sounds pitch variations, some sounds temporarily lowering or raising or disappearing, 99% of times before everything turns mute: so seems related to previous point, appearing like the program doesn't address or use enough memory for sounds (at least this is what seems to me and can't explain better, sorry).

- seems that from ver. 1.5 music disappears when entering the setup menu at assistance; (ok, just a minor thing).

- still some pacenotes are wrong here and there, bends radius and directions included, and or too early or late.

 

Graphics issues:

- random highly noticeable framerate drops or hiccups, sometimes even during assistance animations and not only when there're many spectators.

- too much annoying pop-ups and appearing objects near the track, even at very short distance from the car, both driving and watching replays, at least for my tastes.

- some sudden and unexpected light glitches/flashes when driving, at least using inside view.

- on the contrary, very low light and visibility using inside view at certain stage conditions, i.e. overcast or so or late afternoon; also often car lights at night stages gives very poor lighting along the track, sometimes barely seeing at 50 meters in front of the car despite additional and special lamps for rallying at night and even with good weather conditions.

 

Steam achievements bugs:

- unable to unlock some of them, despite I've reached the goals many times, particularly:

1- buy all Group B cars (stuck at 3/5);

2- buy all Group A cars (stuck at 2/4);

3- complete a stage under four different weather conditions (stuck at 3/4).

 

And here are my pc specs for reference, if needed:

CPU Intel core i7-4770K @ 3,50GHz, 16 GB RAM, ASUS video card with NVIDIA GTX 980 GPU and 4GB video memory, DX 12, monitor ASUS VG248 1920x1080 @144 Hz, integrated Realtek audio over Intel mobo, G27 driving device, Windows 10 Home 64bit with latest upgrades, Steam pc Platform, Deluxe Edition (pre-purchased Standard Ed. and upgraded at day one after a couple of hours into driving), updated drivers, italian Language, +350 hours to date into Dirt Rally 2.0 sim.

 

Many thanks for attention and sorry for my poor english Language.

Edited by Tatino
Forgotten important information
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tatino said:

Hello. I report here major issues I think still should be fixed. I report them also because they occurs also to some of my friends despite they have different rigs.

Sound issues (even if I'm pretty sure they are already reported):

- sounds disappears randomly when driving; (atm my workaround is pause the game, then pull out the green jack from audio card entry on the back of my pc, plug in it again, sounds are back and so I can finish the stage without progress losses or restarts, but of course can't be considered a definitive solution imho).

- some weird sounds, sounds pitch variations, some sounds temporarily lowering or raising or disappearing, 99% of times before everything turns mute: so seems related to previous point, appearing like the program doesn't address or use enough memory for sounds (at least this is what seems to me and can't explain better, sorry).

- seems that from ver. 1.5 music disappears when entering the setup menu at assistance; (ok, just a minor thing).

- still some pacenotes are wrong here and there, bends radius and directions included, and or too early or late.

 

Graphics issues:

- random highly noticeable framerate drops or hiccups, sometimes even during assistance animations and not only when there're many spectators.

- too much annoying pop-ups and appearing objects near the track, even at very short distance from the car, both driving and watching replays, at least for my tastes.

- some sudden and unexpected light glitches/flashes when driving, at least using inside view.

- on the contrary, very low light and visibility using inside view at certain stage conditions, i.e. overcast or so or late afternoon; also often car lights at night stages gives very poor lighting along the track, sometimes barely seeing at 50 meters in front of the car despite additional and special lamps for rallying at night and even with good weather conditions.

 

Steam achievements bugs:

- unable to unlock some of them, despite I've reached the goals many times, particularly:

1- buy all Group B cars (stuck at 3/5);

2- buy all Group A cars (stuck at 2/4);

3- complete a stage under four different weather conditions (stuck at 3/4).

 

And here are my pc specs for reference, if needed:

CPU Intel core i7-4770K @ 3,50GHz, 16 GB RAM, ASUS video card with NVIDIA GTX 980 GPU and 4GB video memory, DX 12, monitor ASUS VG248 1920x1080 @144 Hz, integrated Realtek audio over Intel mobo, G27 driving device, Windows 10 Home 64bit with latest upgrades, Steam pc Platform, Deluxe Edition (pre-purchased Standard Ed. and upgraded at day one after a couple of hours into driving), updated drivers, italian Language, +350 hours to date into Dirt Rally 2.0 sim.

 

Many thanks for attention and sorry for my poor english Language.

My FPS stuttering and dropping all over the place. Can go from 60- 25 fps in race. Are having the same issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GaPacBR3 said:

My FPS stuttering and dropping all over the place. Can go from 60- 25 fps in race. Are having the same issue?

Not so bad to be undriveable - but haven't tried to lauch with an fps counter, so I don't know exactly the values atm, sorry - but yes, surely framerate is instable with a lot of drops and sudden variations all over, like the gfx engine isn't so stable and optimized; had 2-3 stuck+CTD too. Someone reported that this kind of issues could be related to Logitech racing wheels, but don't know exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonjour

 

Nous sommes beaucoup a trouver la C3 R5 désavantagée sur asphalte , alors qu elle est réellement compétitrice sur ce type de terrain. Pouvez vous faire une mise à jour?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am crashing to desktop when trying to start a new career championship (Pro)

This happens every time I am on the car select screen, I cannot scroll right through the cars without it crashing to desktop. Never happened before patch.

Sent auto-error report on game crash.

Nvidia 970 / Ryzen 1700X / 16GB RAM / Win10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clubs:

Even if I select TWO spare tyres, if I use 1 new tyre after a puncture in a stage, in the stage after I don't have no more tyres left!

(and when I return to service the game show me that I selected 1 spare tyres and not 2)

So... 2 spare tyres are simply unusable in clubs...

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sound bug is still there. Last night it happened again. And big problems with driving wheel in gas pedal. It goes away when you press esc-button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, ianism said:

ya everyone's got that it seems.

also since the 1.5 or 1.51 when arriving at a service station in gravel stages I often have medium tires, when I'm pretty sure I selected soft at the previous service.

Same here. It happens in tarmac stages too.

 

For more reference to developers: PC, Nvidia GTX 970

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, MattyH1812 said:

A few quality of life things I'd like to point out.

Platform: Steam - Deluxe owner, all bugs listed were noticed custom events as the AI issues render Career RX unplayable

  • RX AI is still ridiculously broken (As seen here - https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/37295-dirt-rally-20-v14-found-a-bug-post-it-here-update-v141/?do=findComment&comment=429065), for reference, it seems fine in Barcelona, Spain on 85% difficulty
  • The start lights do not work at Mettet, Belgium or Bikernieki, Latvia
  • The new "Consolidation Finals" elimination setting in custom RX events needs a toggle on/off rather than just being on regardless, current World RX events do not do consolidation finals
  • Doing a custom championship with more than 1 event and selecting to continue after the first event will select the first car from the class and you will not continue with the car you originally selected (Reproduceable every time)
  • Similarly, quitting to main menu after the first event, upon reloading the championship it will prompt you to choose a car rather than continuing with the car you originally selected (Reproduceable every time) - if this is by design, it needs a toggle on/off when creating the championship

Same here. Is really annoying. For example, in WRC class I want to play with the Subaru, but after the first event, it's the C4 the car I have to use, just because is the first car of the class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Platform: PS4 deluxe edition

When competing in any of the "events" (as opposed to free play) my times do not show on the leader boards. Once I complete a stage and see the leader boards, it only shows me the top time. No option to "find me" either. Happens regardless of the event type.

However, if I look to see what reward tier I'm in from the main menu, that works ok. I also am still receiving rewards for the ones I complete. The problem does not exist in the free play's time trials. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since it's important to report any bugs that linger, have a look at the Polo R5's snow tires. They need to be connected to the axle properly (pushed inward), that's the whole reason why they protrude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PC, Deluxe Edition

Italian pacenote

* Spain (Comienzo en Bellriu, Ascenso por valle el Gaulet), there is a wrong note "1 left" before the right inversion; it's "1 right".

..., 5 long right attention, (wrong note: 1 left), 3 long left, right hairpin, ...

* Especially in Poland there are many notes with the wrong radius, or too soon or too late.. please, take care of the co-pilot, it is essential in the rally! Thank's

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello guys, after today update (i finally come home today) to version 1.5.1 I have this issue... game is running but I am not able to load any stage (I tried some in Spain and some in Germany), I was waiting three times more than 10 minutes and without any loaded stage 🤷‍♂️ before update every stage was loaded until 1 minute.... 🙄

 

EDIT: its look like all R5 cars are broken for me. WRCs , NR4 and group A works normally. Quite unhappy bcs R5 is my favourite car class in the game 🤷‍♂️🙄

EDIT2: problem was solved... for R5 cars I used custom livery and this was reason why they dont work now... before 1.5.1 they work 🤷‍♂️

Edited by JanBradáč

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today, at my custom championship with AI, I got rollover and puncture. Pilot didn't say anything about puncture. It was impossible to repair it. I had 1 spare wheel.

Did anybody meet problems with repairing puncture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Fanatyk91 said:

Today, at my custom championship with AI, I got rollover and puncture. Pilot didn't say anything about puncture. It was impossible to repair it. I had 1 spare wheel.

Did anybody meet problems with repairing puncture?

Yes. It seems to bug out sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

after the latvia loading mess and grBrx and gr2000 desappeared, they now came back in the garage WITHOUT engine upgrade

lost 30h of efforts and couldn't compete stages seriously for next several weeks !

what will happen with coming 037 and 911, are they included in season pass or extra payment again ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since some update (don't remember which, maybe Monte Carlo, problem is quite old) I have graphic issue with water splash.

Graphic card is Geforce 1050 Ti (mobile version, laptop), my hardware settings are in attachment.

20190621231106_1.jpg

20190621231202_1.jpg

20190621231612_1.jpg

hardware_settings_config.xml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Minor issue: wrong German translation (double future tense)

Current: “Das gegenwärtige Tuning-Setup wird dadurch ersetzt werden.“
Should be: “Das gegenwärtige Tuning-Setup wird dadurch ersetzt.“

(”The current tuning setup will be replaced.” I don’t know if this exact wording of the english text in the game if you load a tuning setup.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rewards leader-board is a bit wrong today for the GrpB 4WD at Waimarama Sprint Forward from 21/22 June.


The leader set a time of 00:10.496 seconds!!! :classic_rolleyes:
 

1655902601_DiRTRally2_0_20190622122057.thumb.jpg.fa316d785d5da10f8634963259b5ab76.jpg

 

It's a bit disappointing to be so many months since release and still getting errors with simple things like leader-boards! 😞

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a big as such but I wish the codriver had recorded some comments related to accidents and incidents instead of parrot fashion. If you roll the car at least he could say are you ok?

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello
I tried patch 1.5.1 today first time.
There are several problems with this patch.
1. Rally Argentina, heavy rain conditions is unplayable because of very low fps at some turns. It looks like heavy rain is not optimized at all. I can't imagine how it will be at night... and I used PS4 PRO...
2. Can't change tyres in my career. I'd selected soft, but after a stage got medium and 3 replacements were available. 😞
3. Some achievements are not still working! I mean those ones where dev team should count till five 😉
My config is PS4 Pro, 720p, G29
 

Edited by AlexSpb77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, AlexSpb77 said:

Rally Argentina, heavy rain conditions is unplayable because of very low fps at some turns. It looks like heavy rain is not optimized at all. I can't imagine how it will be at night... and I used PS4 PRO...

Update: It seems that this problem can be reproduced on San Isidro stage with Dusk/Heavy Rain conditions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/12/2019 at 11:10 PM, elrojodp8 said:

the same for me @Riggs

Also experiencing this tyre bug. Appears to not impact actual set taken onto stage, but does mean there's no real management of tyres anymore.

PC version

Edited by AztecTwoStep
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×