Jump to content

DiRT Rally 2.0, Version 1.5: Bug Reporting Thread

Recommended Posts

Latvia RX grid order bug in Qualifying heats. Semi final and final is correct.

If you was OVERALL the fastest in a qualifying heat, than in the following heat need to start from the outside (which is for the fifth position). This is incorrect. You should start on the inside. The outside is for the guy who was fifth fastest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Caught the Sweden lighting bug in action. This time it only flashed for a second, but sometimes it stays for an entire sector. This bug is quite old (probably here since 1.0) and there's reports of this same problem also happening in the last sector of Mount Kaye Pass, Australia Rally. Sometimes it goes black in Australia, but I've seen cases where it goes white-ish.

Priority: High

Area: Rally Sweden, Lighting Department

Description: Seems to be a problem with shadow loading or failed LOD brightness adjustment.

Reference: https://www.twitch.tv/heyriggs/clip/LightVenomousAlmondPicoMause

 

PS: Twitch video embed doesn't seem to be working in this forum.

 

Edited by Riggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

cars came back in garage with engine upgrade BUT need to buy all extensions again with the game Cr

is "pay twice" a genetic policy on this game ?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dear codemasters.
I write on behalf of the anti-restart system. I have seen videos in circulation where users are able to restart tests in community events. I hope the system will be reviewed and ensure that under no circumstances can the tests be restarted without being withdrawn. Thank you. "anti cheat, and anti glitch system"
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've had a recurring crash that's plagued me in Dirt Rally 2.0, Dirt Rally 1, and Grid Autosport where at seemingly random intervals, the game's video will freeze. The audio and game is still running and I can hear myself driving around or pausing and navigating menus, but the video never unfreezes and will crash after a few minutes or if i alt-tab out. Alt-tabbing out and letting it crash gives me the error report attached. I've never been able to find the cause, but it seems to happen on certain stages more than others? It's hard to tell. In DR 1, I've noticed the crashes happen most often on hard landings or fast high-angle slides making me wonder if it's a physics issue, though it's crashed this way even when keeping the car in a slow straight line. It's made playing the game extremely frustrating, especially when it crashes in the middle of daily stages, causing me to DNF. Any help is appreciated.

I'm playing on PC/Steam, Deluxe Edition. GTX 770, I5-4690K, 8gb RAM.

EDIT: A dxdiag is on my profile if needed.

dirt crashy 2.png

Edited by Tailrae
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Tailrae said:

I've had a recurring crash that's plagued me in Dirt Rally 2.0, Dirt Rally 1, and Grid Autosport where at seemingly random intervals, the game's video will freeze. The audio and game is still running and I can hear myself driving around or pausing and navigating menus, but the video never unfreezes and will crash after a few minutes or if i alt-tab out. Alt-tabbing out and letting it crash gives me the error report attached. I've never been able to find the cause, but it seems to happen on certain stages more than others? It's hard to tell. In DR 1, I've noticed the crashes happen most often on hard landings or fast high-angle slides making me wonder if it's a physics issue, though it's crashed this way even when keeping the car in a slow straight line. It's made playing the game extremely frustrating, especially when it crashes in the middle of daily stages, causing me to DNF. Any help is appreciated.

I'm playing on PC/Steam, Deluxe Edition. GTX 770, I5-4690K, 8gb RAM.

EDIT: A dxdiag is on my profile if needed.

dirt crashy 2.png

What is in your Windows Event Log when the crash happens? Do you have a manual Windows pagefile setting? If yes, switch back to auto and the problem will be fixed.

Edited by Lollerke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RocconMarco said:
Dear codemasters.
I write on behalf of the anti-restart system. I have seen videos in circulation where users are able to restart tests in community events. I hope the system will be reviewed and ensure that under no circumstances can the tests be restarted without being withdrawn. Thank you. "anti cheat, and anti glitch system"

 

If anyone knows how this is done shoot me a PM and I'll pass it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI,

VISUAL EFFECT ISSUES report (xbox 1))

the weekly german grB rwd rally, night stage was trembling/shaking/ make the concentration difficult

also late afternoon stage, too much grey gloom, couldn't distinguish the track

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

PC - Deluxe-Version - 5760x1080 Triplescreen

 

If you drive with the Mini Cooper in the hood camera, there is in the lower part of a (disturbing) darker area where possible still the windshield would be

Edited by Flens07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I dunno if anybody else have mentioned this.

But when Im in the service station, between races. And push a button, for example to tune car or change tires, all ambient dissapears.

This is on a Vanilla ps4

Edited by Grimstreaker999
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In club i had this convertible 😀

Platform PS4

 

FB_IMG_1561234055326.jpg

Edited by VPGmisalm
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 12:33 AM, VPGmisalm said:

In club i had this convertible 😀

Platform PS4

 

FB_IMG_1561234055326.jpg

this is how times been made ,less weight ,40 seconds difference....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, GaPacBR3 said:

So tried playing Dirt 2.0 this morn and last night. And I can't get above 25 fps on race no matter the settings. Last time I played before the last update was avg 70fps. What happened? Not having issues with any other game. 

 

On 6/20/2019 at 4:30 PM, Tatino said:

Graphics issues:

- random highly noticeable framerate drops or hiccups, sometimes even during assistance animations and not only when there're many spectators.

Have you tried unnassigning the first core on your pc?

 

Task Manager - Details - right click on DiRT Rally 2 exe - Set Affinity - Uncheck either Core 0 or Core 1 (Leave all other cores checked)

 

It stopped my framerate drops (GTX 1060)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know if this has been reported already, but there is a small bug where you overwrite a existing tuning setup.

If you overwrite a old tuning setup, the new setup is moved to the end of the list. But the cursor for edit the name of the new setup is on the same position in the list as the old setup, so you will rename a different setup in the list.   

I use the PC version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 4:48 PM, Riggs said:

We can't see existing club memberships (from DR1) in-game, only new club memberships show up.

 

Quick comment on this one: Clubs in DiRT Rally 2.0 were rebuilt from the ground up and work differently to Clubs in DiRT Rally. As such Clubs from the previous game are incompatible with the DiRT Rally 2.0 system which is why they don't appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

 

Quick comment on this one: Clubs in DiRT Rally 2.0 were rebuilt from the ground up and work differently to Clubs in DiRT Rally. As such Clubs from the previous game are incompatible with the DiRT Rally 2.0 system which is why they don't appear.

Ah ok. I was quoting this because in the clubs homepage the DR1 clubs you were previously member of are there. Might just scratch this one off the list, as it's irrelevant anyway, since people are re-creating their DR2.0 clubs.

Edited by Riggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2019 at 7:10 PM, RocconMarco said:

I have seen videos in circulation

Have you Links about that cheating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, probably someone did, so sorry for bringing this up again. It happens quite often that I can't change tyres after punctures in daylies. Sometimes I can but it's more often now that the little graphic on the bottom left just doesn't appear. 

Edited by richie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2019 at 11:52 PM, Lollerke said:

What is in your Windows Event Log when the crash happens? Do you have a manual Windows pagefile setting? If yes, switch back to auto and the problem will be fixed.

Windows pagefile settings are on auto. Got it to crash again today after 6 minutes of playing and this was the only error at the time of the crash. Attached cus I don't want to make a mile long post and don't know if I can put it under a spoiler tab or something.

dirt crash nvlddmkm .txt

Edit: Tried uninstalling my display drivers, restarting, and reinstalling them but to no avail. Crashed again with the event viewer saying "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." They're updated and everything, not sure what else to do at this point.

Edited by Tailrae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, richie said:

I can't change tyres after punctures in daylies

Is there another spare-tyre in the car ? - you should control this during the service before the stage begins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so we still have problems with leaderboards!!! :classic_rolleyes:

Surely accurate leaderboards are an essential, maybe fundamental, part of the game. 🤔

4 months since release and this is a leaderboard from a rewards screen today...

Leader completes the stage in minus 10:18.140 😂

 

1015111983_DiRTRally2_0_20190629113436.thumb.jpg.2e3af30f7b463c64e3521b079ea8838d.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2019 at 12:57 AM, Tailrae said:

Windows pagefile settings are on auto. Got it to crash again today after 6 minutes of playing and this was the only error at the time of the crash. Attached cus I don't want to make a mile long post and don't know if I can put it under a spoiler tab or something.

dirt crash nvlddmkm .txt

Edit: Tried uninstalling my display drivers, restarting, and reinstalling them but to no avail. Crashed again with the event viewer saying "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." They're updated and everything, not sure what else to do at this point.

Definitely a graphics card or graphics driver problem. What Windows do you have? 7 or 10? Is you graphics card overclocked? If yes, go back to stock settings. Can you reset your graphics settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel? Uninstall Geforce Experience, if you installed it and uninstall any graphics related unofficial applications like MSI Afterburner or other graphics performance metric software.

Edited by Lollerke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2019 at 4:52 PM, Flens07 said:

Is there another spare-tyre in the car ? - you should control this during the service before the stage begins...

Yep, spare tyre is always enabled. I guess sometimes the game doesn't detect the puncture because the co-driver doesn't mention it either. Can't comment on other game modes, though. In TT you usually just restart as soon as the puncture becomes obvious or the co-driver mentiones it. I only noticed this in dailies. 

 

Edit: I just checked if the spare tyre is selected in different cars, and indeed in at least one car it wasn't enabled. My bad.

 

Edit2: So it appears that even if the spare tyre is activated I can't change the tyre after a puncture occurs. 

Edited by richie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello, I re-downloaded the game yesterday and I'm having a huge stuttering issue, constant graphical stuttering every 2-4 seconds even though my fps is very high (120-160). Doesn't matter what stage I'm playing it all stutters the same. The fps nor frametimes aren't peaking during the stutters. 

Last time I played was during update 1.4, and this bug didn't exist then. 

I'm using gtx 1080ti, 8700k, 16gb 3200mhz cl14 ram, and game is installed on m2 ssd so it shouldn't be a hardware issue. 

I'm also using Thrustmaster t300rs steering wheel to play. 

Anyone else having the same issue, is there any known solutions? The game is quite literally unplayable for me as the stutters happen every 2-4 seconds so it's very constant and annoying. 

Any help is appreciated! (Btw I just created this account to report/discuss this problem) 

 

!!EDIT!!: So I read above something about setting your windows pagesize file to auto if you're having crashes, I did the same (had it at custom size) and apparently it fixed the stutters completely, game is silky smooth now! And man is it beautiful.. 

 

DOUBLE EDIT: So it wasn't actually the windows pagesize file which caused nor fixed the problems, because the stuttering occurred again. I think it has something to do with my steering wheel, because rebooting the computer after connecting the steering wheel (t300rs) always fixes the issue, but sometimes when I have my pc on already, and plug in the wheel without restarting pc after that, the stuttering bug occurs when I start the game. 

I read there's some mentions of stuttering issue with Logitech g29 and g27 wheels, maybe this is the same? If so then it also includes Thrustmaster wheels. Anyways the game works absolutely flawlessly when I reboot the pc and the bug doesn't occur. 

Also just wanted to thank you for this game and the updates, I think the ffb is great as of now and it's a masterpiece overall with so detailed and hectic stages, great physics and absolutely beautiful weather. Also props for the good optimization because it runs flawlessly (without wheel stutter bug) without the tiniest screen tears or stutters on 240hz monitor. Thanks! 

Edited by UabEll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

when going from stage to stage in career mode, damage appeared on car that was not on previous stage and also no mud staying on the car between stages again

Edited by tonzboher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×