Hi all..

Anyone know how to best find your difficulty? Or redirect me to a current thread. 

Would be so helpful

On 6/11/2019 at 6:19 PM, Noob101dk said:

Hi all..

Anyone know how to best find your difficulty? Or redirect me to a current thread. 

Would be so helpful

Well, I find my optimal AI difficulty by doing a Race Strategy Programme during practice. If you are within 3 tenths of a second with your delta is green you are on right difficulty level. But after that if you score a purple score on Qualifying pace programme, then you can up that by 1. That's how I do that, and usually I'm spot on with my difficulty.

• Like 1

Generally, just trial and error really. You can do some hotlaps while working on a setup and then go into GP mode on that track and see what the AI lap times are. Then you just finetune the slider from there on out. Basically, the only way you can find your preferred setting is by putting in some time.

There shouldn't be to much variation in AI level from track to track, so once you find the right AI setting for one track, you'll be good to go for most others as well. For F1 2018, I've settled at 104-109 difficulty setting, with 107 as a 'standard'. Bahrain is lowest at 104, Austria highest at 109.

How I got there: I eventually settled on 106 for Melbourne, then wasn't too competitive at Bahrain so adjusted down to 104. China is 107 for me, and I started using that as a base to start Free Practice at that setting and then adjust between sessions if necessary. It works perfectly for most tracks.

Also, very important: keep a record of your preferred AI difficulty setting for each track, so you can remember the next time you have to race there. A good tip is to use the value of your difficulty setting as the name under which you save your setup.

Lastly, you can always adjust in between session. Note that if you're new to the game, I would start with a setting that's maybe a bit higher than you're initially comfortable with, since you will get better quite quickly at the beginning.