DiRT Rally 2.0: Clubs

DiRT_Rally_2.0_Audi_Argentina_Quattro.png

Clubs are here!

One of the most requested additions to DiRT Rally 2.0 has finally arrived and we're looking forward to seeing what you all do with it.

To help with the setup process and explain how everything works, here's a handy guide on how to run a club and create your own Championships.

Also, we got 2 official DiRT clubs for you all to join, so come race against us!

DR2_Club_Standard.jpg

https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/179040

DR2_Club_Expert.jpg

https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/179043

Finally, if you spot any bugs or have any general feedback about clubs, this is the best place to share your thoughts!

Clubs is currently in open beta and will be improved upon in the future, so we'd love to know what you think, how you're using it and the ways we can make it the best community tool we can, since it was built with you all in mind. 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Mentioned this in the other thread but Germany and Sweden aren't selectable at the moment. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Here are a few points i'd like to suggest:

- The 12 stages limit has to be lifted to 24, like in DR1. So that it allows us to set up larger rallies, close to reality. The endurance championship in DR1 was 17 stages long, 12 makes it just like another career championship and doesn't allow second passes if we are to use all the routes.

- Ability to define running order, so that surface degradation makes sense.

- Add two columns to the stage results: Penalty and Notes and simply hook up the information the game provides.

- Time of day / conditions are in spanish while the rest is in english.

image.thumb.png.8ba60880fe66927de5a8a56065f325b6.png

- Sweden and Germany are missing from the Location list.

- Allow admins to regulate how many tyre set changes they want.

- Allow individual cars to be whitelisted.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 3
  • Agree 5

Posted (edited)

PS4, Deluxe 

With Ipad, it is not possible to choose the number of rallies, it remains 6

Edited by GregPit81

Posted (edited)

Anyone fancy creating a forum community club?

Happy to set one up if you'd like!

Would be great to meet you all in game and race each other, 

Edited by bigburt82
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Suggestions about the clubs system:

1) Increase the max amount of stages per event. A maximum of 12 stages is not enough, some leagues want to do hardcore, long events (18-24 stages at least).

2) Allow us to mix countries in an event. For example I'd love to have half of the event on tarmac (Germany) and the other half on gravel (Australia for example). Currently, if we want to do so, we have to make 2 separate events and then add together event times in the end (to get the overall results).

• Agree 6

20 minutes ago, bigburt82 said:

Anyone fancy creating a forum community club?

Happy to set one up if you'd like!

Would be great to meet you all in game and race each other, 

I've gone ahead and created the Forum Community Club.

Join here: https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/179223

See you on the DiRT :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Timer showing the remaining time for the current event missing on the web page. This was very useful on the old Dirt4 clubs page.

Edit: Also the clubs page is painfully slow and timeout, showing error message that data could not be loaded.

Edited by mirk1983

Posted (edited)

After finishing a stage, we only see the "Event Time" and "Diff". Please allow us to see the "Stage Time" too (compared to others) in game. We can stage times on the website, but not in game.

Also, it would be great if we could use the API to get leaderboards. This was possible in DR1 and allowed us to keep external spreadsheets with times and make statistics (who has won the most stages, the fastest time on a stage etc).

Edited by flashh874

Posted (edited)

Why is it when I set up a club, then select create championship, that the track conditions are in French? My profile says United States of America. Did we lose to the French or how do we select in English?

Needed to regenerate a few times and it showed up in English.

Edited by scobb1972

- Please allow us to see individual stage times as well as a total time after each stage. If I have a good stage I want to see it!

- Let us select a specific user to compare split times with if we don't always want to compare with the leader. 

- Let club admin regulate sets of tires available for an event. 

- This one is obvious, increase stage limit from 12

• Agree 7

47 minutes ago, bogani said:

- Please allow us to see individual stage times as well as a total time after each stage. If I have a good stage I want to see it!

- Let us select a specific user to compare split times with if we don't always want to compare with the leader. 

- Let club admin regulate sets of tires available for an event. 

- This one is obvious, increase stage limit from 12

maybe add the option to have the "power stage" in the last stage with additional points as well

• Agree 2

Just spend 20 minutes setting up a championship, clicked on "submit championship" the button goes white and then nothing happens. Any ideas? On Chrome. 

How can i check from when till when an event or championship is?

1 minute ago, Decks said:

Just spend 20 minutes setting up a championship, clicked on "submit championship" the button goes white and then nothing happens. Any ideas? On Chrome. 

The same for me, but try a few times and works

Thank you team!!! Hugely anticipated - can't wait to get started ❤️

• Agree 3

First of all a big thanks for the Clubs in DR2! Great thing, love for all the team!

In addiction to other things already wrote by other guys, can i suggest to leave an option, in the car class filter, to allow all class and cars?

😊👍

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Black75 said:

First of all a big thanks for the Clubs in DR2! Great thing, love for all the team!

In addiction to other things already wrote by other guys, can i suggest to leave an option, in the car class filter, to allow all class and cars?

😊👍

This is an absolute must, for sure. Without this option running community events will be a massive administrative pain

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
An important matter changing the game.

- Allow administrators to regulate how many (from 0 to eg 10) restarts can be performed at each stage.

Admin should have this option.
This can change the turnout to a large plus.

This can be VERY GOOD at the club time trial.
Edited by Majlowski
  • Agree 3

At stage results there is PS4 nickname but at championship standings there is Codemasters community nickname, is that how it should be?

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, SimFunny said:

At stage results there is PS4 nickname but at championship standings there is Codemasters community nickname, is that how it should be?

As far as I can recall, DR1 used to use Steam nicknames. But since people can change those regularly and it's easy to lose track, I think they decided to go with the Codemasters one.

While I support this, I'd actually like to see it synchronized with the forum name, or in reverse. Otherwise we can have 3 names lol. There's also no way to change the letter avatar. I suspect they might be working on some sort of deeper integration.

Edited by Riggs
  • Like 1