DiRT Rally 2.0: General Clubs Discussion

please make an option ,cause there are 50 pages of clubs 

think it would be best for an option , the ones that have many members or championship running to be shown first !!

Posted (edited)

Where's the club events? Official Dirt, Forum Community, Expert Dirt and Dirty Discord no active championship.

Actually, bigger it. I've made my own. All welcome.

https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/183887

And I'll probably finish last as usual 🙄🙄

Edited by cafe5150
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, cafe5150 said:

Where's the club events? Official Dirt, Forum Community, Expert Dirt and Dirty Discord no active championship.

New Championships have just been added, to coincide with next week's DLC car launches 🙂

• Official DiRT: Group B RWD, Australia + New Zealand
  • Expert DiRT: Group B RWD, Poland + Argentina

They'll start on Tuesday morning, best catch up on Daily/Weekly/Monthly Challenges in the meantime 🙂 

Also a heads up, website bugs have been logged and passed on but changes may take a while as the web team's full-on with F1 launch right now.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

guys there's a problem, i'm running my own test on my club these days, but when audiobug appears it's a tragedy without restart option active (the best thing should be to don't have audiobug anymore, not to activate restars)! Yesterday morning i was streaming my attempt on 12 ps in Baumholder and for two times i had the audiobug... here near 15:20 (from middle to the end of a long stage):

and here near 56:50 (from the half of the 3rd sector to the end of a short stage):

P.S. please don't mind my bad driving, i'm not confident with Audi Quattro, the point is that audiobug is a big problem when running in clubs! 😅

Edited by Black75

Posted (edited)

It's funny how my headphones make a click noise whenever i press play to pause or resume the video during the mute. The same doesn't happen before the mute. These clicking noises also happen in-game.

Edited by Riggs

16 minutes ago, Riggs said:

It's funny how my headphones make a click noise whenever i press play to pause or resume the video during the mute. The same doesn't happen before the mute. These clicking noises also happen in-game.

I noticed this thing too, but I don't explain it

Audio is so good in this game, which makes these bugs that much more frustrating. On XBox at least, if and when audio cuts out, pause it and go completely to the Xbox Home screen. The go back to Dirt and you cam resume with full audio again.

Just make sure you pause in a good spot!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I thought the audio cut outs were PC exclusive lol.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2019 at 12:27 PM, MJV1973 said:

Championship 2 finished, points wrong again.
Hard to fix?

Yes, idem to me.
how is the points of the championship calculated ?

sgfgfsege.jpg.882665d6562804bc13f407a98e13ae1b.jpg

01 --> winner get 9 points, 2º get 6, 3º get 4 , 4º get 2, any other 1
02 --> winner get 8 points, 2º get 5, 3º get 4 , 4º get 3, 5º get 2, any other 1

¿?

Edited by BerniWan
type error
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Also a heads up, website bugs have been logged and passed on but changes may take a while as the web team's full-on with F1 launch right now.

Okay, I´ll wait until points are calculated correctly.
Sad your resources are reserved for another game, this one came first and long waited Clubs are here, but points are totally wrong. Like there was example before from Expert DiRT Club.
When fix come, does it also fix all past championship points to correct?

Edited by MJV1973

Posted (edited)

I have a few bugs & issues that may have been mentioned already:

-Tunes reset after every stage, you have to retune at every service park

-I finished a stage in a club event with no damage (1st pic) but when I rolled up to the start of the next stage, it looked like I had an off (2nd pic)

-Can only set one car class per event, I run a multiclass league in a single club but in DiRT Rall 2.0 I may have to set up a club for each class which takes a lot of time to manage.

DRC Test Event Screenshot 2019-06-20 21-31-05.png

DRC Test Event Screenshot 2019-06-20 21-31-26.png

Edited by Dee Covert
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Two points on Dirt Rally 2.0 Clubs that I would like to bring to the attention of Codemasters.

1) The championship scoreboard is a bit tricky to interpret as the system takes the names from the Codemasters' Racenet server, and these user names do not necessarily correlate with the names that people use as their platform IDs (names that we see in the event results). Hopefully Codemasters will deal with this issue if possible, as it is somewhat misleading when there are two separate user IDs for one player.

2) The second problem with the championship results is that the current scores system calculates together all championship points from different championships. This is illogical, as in real life teams/drivers don't accumulate points over several rally seasons. When a season/championship ends, the next season begins from a fresh start with teams/drivers on the same starting line (0 points). It would be great, if a Club admin could choose, whether several championship results are to be calculated together, or should each championship be dealt with as single entity and consequently points don't accumulate over several championships. 

Edited by FarmerCee
  • Agree 1

Yeah hope we get multi class leagues again always adds to it if you can beat someone in a better car and leads to better challenges with other drivers 

• Agree 2

Hello, would it be possible to add a function edit. I made a mistake by creating a championship of a month and we can not change it or delete

• Agree 1

It'd be a real nice feature to be able to set custom scores for each round. I run a league where we use WRC scoring, would like to do that without having to copy/paste to an excel file.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

One step forward, and one step back makes for a stationary experience. Or that you end up in a nasty split!

Positives from DiRT Rally 1 (D4 got promptly skipped after some hours of gaming).

• The webside looks better, slicker, more professional and loads quicker.
  • Kept the multi-platform from DiRT 4, oh how much time that will save compared to DiRT Rally and merging of results etc.
  • Much simpler start and ending time, with the days & hours the event will last. It might not look as much, but it simplifies the process a lot in big leagues!

The negatives

• No multi-class, which basically ruins any proper league over certain sizes. Unless one will make 4-6 different clubs for each subclass. It makes is even harder if some championship-classes spans multiple DR2.0 classes (e.g R4/Gr.A)
  • No multi location events. While not an issue for the league I look to run, it ruins the traditional preview, test event.
  • No "Equal engineers, mechanics and cars" option. I hate that people will have to grind career and events to be able to participate on a fairly even level as others in the championship... There should be an option for this (This is not the case - see post below 🙂 )
  • No chance of cherrypicking cars from the same class either. I had ideas of running different themed events. No chance now sadly.

What's the most frustrating is that these are options we've had before. It's all a bit modern way of gaming, making something new and removing features that were present before... Evolution some might call it

Edited by Myrvold
Been told I was wrong on one point! Fixed!
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Myrvold said:

One step forward, and one step back makes for a stationary experience. Or that you end up in a nasty split!

Positives from DiRT Rally 1 (D4 got promptly skipped after some hours of gaming).

• The webside looks better, slicker, more professional and loads quicker.
  • Kept the multi-platform from DiRT 4, oh how much time that will save compared to DiRT Rally and merging of results etc.
  • Much simpler start and ending time, with the days & hours the event will last. It might not look as much, but it simplifies the process a lot in big leagues!

The negatives

• No multi-class, which basically ruins any proper league over certain sizes. Unless one will make 4-6 different clubs for each subclass. It makes is even harder if some championship-classes spans multiple DR2.0 classes (e.g R4/Gr.A)
  • No multi location events. While not an issue for the league I look to run, it ruins the traditional preview, test event.
  • No "Equal engineers, mechanics and cars" option. I hate that people will have to grind career and events to be able to participate on a fairly even level as others in the championship... There should be an option for this
  • No chance of cherrypicking cars from the same class either. I had ideas of running different themed events. No chance now sadly.

What's the most frustrating is that these are options we've had before. It's all a bit modern way of gaming, making something new and removing features that were present before... Evolution some might call it

I agree with your analysis, especially with the stationary "advancement" inherent in Codies' games. It's always a sideways step or sometimes even worse, one forward and two back. 

You forgot to mention the setup bug. Clubs arrived four months late, and now a month later I still haven't sanctioned a real championship because of that issue. 

Then there is the assists issue. Even if you ban assists the Club members still show as using assists. I have tried and tried different options. I have all assists off, external cameras prohibited, and HUD turned off yet I still show as using assists. It must be possible because once in a while someone shows with no assists, but I don't think even CM knows what triggers the assists or no assists user at this point. 

One thing you are wrong about is the engineer situation. Clubs are in Freeplay so nothing from My Team is involved. That was a very good move on CM's part given the disparity that could cause among competitors. I am very happy they kept My Team and Clubs separate. 

I am also glad to see patches still incoming. Normal CM policy seems to be to drop support after 90 days yet here we are four months in and another major patch is on the way. I believe that by the end of Season 2 this game will be in the state it should have been upon launch. 

Someone here a couple months ago had mentioned the need of a re-launch. With a few more bug fixes, and Clubs working properly, and the game finally a finished product after Season 2, I believe a discounted re-launch would help a lot. Accompanied by VR, maybe. Hopefully we also see PSVR support eventually. 

The game has a good base to build from. It's missing some of the good stuff from D4 despite using the same engine, such as dynamic weather, livery editor, a career mode (DR 2.0's career rally should have been called "Upgrade Your Car Here" mode). It also falls way short of being a sim (central pivot physics, floaty EGO dynamics, joke damage system) but it's intuitive and fun to drive.

All the puzzle pieces are on the table. If CM puts them together we'll have one helluva rally game on our hands. 

If you have puncture and forgot to take spare wheel, then just go to main window after stage and back to championship, you have fixed wheel at next stage.
Hope you fix also that bug.

It would be nice to start club with Wales rally right at 16:th july, possible?
Or is web team still with F1 2019 or Grid ?

• Thanks 1

We, in our club, find the filter "no aids" shows drivers who USE aids, and vice-versa, filter "aids" shows the driver NO USING ANY aid,.. or not.

12 hours ago, Pfei said:

One thing you are wrong about is the engineer situation. Clubs are in Freeplay so nothing from My Team is involved. That was a very good move on CM's part given the disparity that could cause among competitors. I am very happy they kept My Team and Clubs separate. 

Oh, I was told wrong then. As I haven't been able to actually participate in any events myself yet - too much work around summer time 🙂 Only been setting up events etc. 
That's good to hear though! 😄 

• Like 1

Please have an option to remember the computer on Clubs login. It keeps asking every 15 minutes for login credentials and that's a UX barrier.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

When we can get more choices for weather conditions?
Like at Sweden there´s only cloudy and heavy snow at day time.
Why not clear (sunshine) or light snowing?

Is there somekind of limit what choices you can add or what´s the reason?

Club chatroom would be nice where share what you experienced while race :classic_wink:

Edited by MJV1973
  • Agree 2

hi, 

on xbox when i go in racenet clubs menu, if i click "A" on the club pages, nothing happens... is it normal ? i cannot acces the clubs from the game ?