DiRT Rally 2.0: General Clubs Discussion

Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2019 at 8:07 PM, PJTierney said:

Known issue.

Should be resolved in the next day or 2 hopefully as from what I’ve been told it’s just one minor thing missing which freaks the page out 🙂

In-game, Wales should be showing up for the official Clubs so give it a go 🙂 

Please, do something for Wales in club... :((((((

Edited by NinfangYT

The update is taking longer than expected; when I have a new estimate I’ll let people know.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Disagree 1

On 6/28/2019 at 12:43 PM, Dee Covert said:

I have a few bugs & issues that may have been mentioned already:

-Tunes reset after every stage, you have to retune at every service park

-I finished a stage in a club event with no damage (1st pic) but when I rolled up to the start of the next stage, it looked like I had an off (2nd pic)

-Can only set one car class per event, I run a multiclass league in a single club but in DiRT Rall 2.0 I may have to set up a club for each class which takes a lot of time to manage.

DRC Test Event Screenshot 2019-06-20 21-31-05.png

DRC Test Event Screenshot 2019-06-20 21-31-26.png

Notice that the car is clean at the beginning of the new stage, while it should be dirty.

Posted (edited)

Those new informations are welcome to clubs but seems that those not match with selections which I made for club:

Wales options.jpg

Wales.jpg

If I can wish, also car class would be great info for club page.

Added community events to web page are also nice, thanks! There´s not all challenges and only TOP 10.
https://dirtrally2.com/community-events

Edited by MJV1973
  • Agree 2

Thanks for the notes.

If anyone else notices anything on the site that seems incorrect let me know in this thread overnight. I have a community catchup tomorrow afternoon and I can raise it 🙂 

The bugs about setups, mud and damage, we know. No need to re-report those. 🙂 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Just had some fun with the clubs, it's awesome to drive 5-6 stages in a row on hardcore damage without service area. I think Expert DIRT club should take example from the DIRTy Discord club when it comes to service stops. You can't call it expert when you have service stops every three stages in my opinion. You don't even have to consider using medium or hard tyres this way.

Edited by danielofifi
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, PJTierney said:

...notices anything on the site that seems incorrect let me know in this thread overnight. I have a community catchup tomorrow afternoon and I can raise it 🙂

It was discussed before but it would be more clear if there is only one name/player at clubs.
Now there is nick of Codemasters account and then there is nick of account of player (PS4/Xbox/Steam).
So there could be Trump at player and championship list and Putin at stage times list however he is same guy.
So only one name/player please.

Edited by MJV1973

how do you add someone to your club? apology's if this question has already been asked earlier...  

People have to join on their own.

....nice to hear that the setup bug will be fixed but for proper championships WE NEED also 1. events with more than 12 stages, 2. ability to mix in an event stages from different countries and 3. use of more than one car class in an event......except the second option all these existed in DIRT RALLY.....is it really so difficult to have them in the improved (?) DR2?

• Agree 1

On 8/1/2019 at 2:59 PM, danielofifi said:

Just had some fun with the clubs, it's awesome to drive 5-6 stages in a row on hardcore damage without service area. I think Expert DIRT club should take example from the DIRTy Discord club when it comes to service stops.

Hey glad to see people like my masochistic events lol :classic_laugh: But yeah, I totally agree, until you start having looong gaps between service the tyre options are a moot point. I'm actually pretty sure people still found it faster to take Soft tyres in Argentina last event for the 6 stages of sprints & longs than to take mediums. It is really fun though to see people driving "smart" in order to conserve as much of the car as possible.

Unfortunately until they get a chance to revisit the tyre damage model I don't know if we will ever hit a point where tyre choice matters. I've been doing a few tests in Germany and Spain ahead of the championship to see if I can find a point where mediums/hards become the better choice but I don't think I can make it happen without doing something insane like 10 stages without a service.

• Agree 2

I just wonder why the game recommends the medium tyres on a wet stage, no matter if short or long. HAve you tested that as well, @Mike Dee

1 hour ago, LutzM said:

I just wonder why the game recommends the medium tyres on a wet stage, no matter if short or long. HAve you tested that as well, @Mike Dee

Wet gravel I think.
I wonder same, always used soft also for wet gravel. Is medium better?

18 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Hey glad to see people like my masochistic events lol :classic_laugh: But yeah, I totally agree, until you start having looong gaps between service the tyre options are a moot point. I'm actually pretty sure people still found it faster to take Soft tyres in Argentina last event for the 6 stages of sprints & longs than to take mediums. It is really fun though to see people driving "smart" in order to conserve as much of the car as possible.

I'll be honest. I hated you/this the moment I messed up in the first or second stage in argentina 😄

Had to do the 4/5 stages with a blown tire, because had 2 blown up and only one spare 😄

Completely ruined the event, but still arrived at the end. Never giving up.

Still have to do the current event and I slightly afraid it happens again 😄

But I like it. Thrilling! (And I'm masochist, too lol)

• Like 1

PJ could you explain how clubs decide on who wins in the event of two players finishing a championship with equal points?

Two out of three championships in one of my clubs have had exactly that happen with me and the same guy and it’s put me on top both times. 

The second championship saw him beat me five times and me beat him four (out of 9 locations), so that seems kinda unfair. 

On 8/4/2019 at 12:24 PM, Slint1000 said:

PJ could you explain how clubs decide on who wins in the event of two players finishing a championship with equal points?

Two out of three championships in one of my clubs have had exactly that happen with me and the same guy and it’s put me on top both times. 

The second championship saw him beat me five times and me beat him four (out of 9 locations), so that seems kinda unfair. 

This is just me theorising and not an official answer, but would combined event times be a countback?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PJTierney said:

This is just me theorising and not an official answer, but would combined event times be a countback?

Good thinking, but no dice. He was around a minute faster than me over the nine events. 

Could you find out what the method is and report back please?

Edited by Slint1000

Not the times, not the alphabetical order. No finally something random is found 😃

Well it did give us both gold trophies to be fair. But only the second time it happened, not the first. 

There seems to be a bug with number of clubs at PS4. I can't have more than 32 clubs or something, if I add more it says "failed to download clubs". When I delete the club it's loading ok. Is there a limit on a number of clubs you can participate? Or us this bug gonna be fixed?

1 hour ago, user083405 said:

There seems to be a bug with number of clubs at PS4. I can't have more than 32 clubs or something, if I add more it says "failed to download clubs". When I delete the club it's loading ok. Is there a limit on a number of clubs you can participate? Or us this bug gonna be fixed?

How many clubs have you setup and how many have you joined? Cheers.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, CM_Ads said:

How many clubs have you setup and how many have you joined? Cheers.

I joined 36 clubs, 32 of them active. Whenever I try to add more clubs it stops working - says failed to download clubs. When I delete club - it gets back to normal

• Haha 1