Sign in to follow this  

What do you use to play DiRT?

I myself use a Logitech Driving Force GT, I bought it just before DiRT 3 came out and used to play using keyboard before that.
I used to have a Saitek R100 wheel when I was 10 years old or so, but it didn't have a fancy USB connector to use it on a new PC, and I couldn't get it too work with most of my games on our old Win 98 pc. 

(Controller in the options should have been gamepad)

My rig is pretty crazy. Basically it is a triple screen PC setup with all Fanatec Clubsport gear with DSD shifters and hand brakes etc and a whole bunch of gauges and shift lights. I have a ton of transducers on my rig which runs through a bit of software called Simvibe which takes the motion telemetry and sends them to the shakers. I am getting my new Fanatec Clubsport 7 speed H-shifter later this week and I have a GS-4 motion seat on the way from USA.

I used to use a G27 before building this rig.

GT Omega Evo race cockpit
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel with BMW M3 GT2 & Formula rims
Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals
DSD CSW dual button boxes
DSD hydraulic handbrake
DSD Short Shift Pro-Comp Sequential Shifter
Logitech G27 H-Shifter running through a Basher Boards FL2 USB adapter (to be replaced by a Fanatec clubsport shifter SQ later this week)
DYI digital handbrake
1 x Buttkicker Advance, 5 x Buttkicker Mini LFE SE and 2 x Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Tactile Transducer with Simvibe
3 x Kool Sound LX-2450 2 x 450 Watt RMS Amplifiers
Buttkicker BKA300-4 1 x 300 Watt RMS Amplifier
Logitech 5.1 Z906 speakers
TrackIR Pro 5
Siminstruments Dash
Symprojects Pro-gauge and Rev Burner running 8 Autogauge gauges

Here is a video of my rig in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ynLJ_YqtYI

I've been playing on PS3 with Logitech G27 (DFGT before that, when I bought Dirt 2 :) )

This year I'm hoping to invest on PC and maybe in PS4 later in the year when some good racing fames finally appear on it.

Controller mainly but if I'm at work then a G27, can't say as I'm very competitive with a wheel though.

PS3 controller, manual transmission.

Have never actually played a DiRT game with a wheel... :\">

I'm using Driving Force GT, was trying out keyboard and gamepad but accuracy in those is terrible. Honestly, no idea how you can play this way :p that's far too hard for me

I love the way codies have managed to get such a... not "realistic" but believable feeling to the gamepad driving in their games, while still making it easy enough to control the car. I have GRID, DiRT, DiRT 3 and F1 2013 and they all play remarkably well on a controller even with the assists turned off. Obviously a wheel is (or at least should be) the best option in a driving game but it's good to have other viable options and I really appreciate what codies have accomplished for gamepad players.

Used to be a controller, but recently got a Logitech G25 for the PS3. Currently trying to break all my PB's as well as smash my friends time!