Sign in to follow this  

Thank you for listening to us, Codies :)

I'd like to take this moment to appreciate what's been going on with the game lately. I think it's safe to say we were all a bit apprehensive of post-launch support, but personally I think it's been great. Codemasters really listened to the community and delivered.

We wanted hardcore damage in career- we got it.

We wanted rain at night to be fixed- it's been fixed.

We wanted better FFB - it's been improved.

We wanted cars to stay dirty between the stages - they do now.

We wanted unexpected moments to come back- they did.

We wanted more balanced AI -  it's here

Did I miss anything?

The DLCs are great, the Clubs have been introduced. Can't wait for Porsche and Wales. There are still some minor things to be fixed here and there, but nonetheless it's a great time to be alive for a rally gamer. I'm really happy.

Thanks Codies!

Edited by danielofifi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 12

Yes that’s great, the most recent update has addressed some fundamental things 🎉

I didn’t realise  the unexpected moments has now been fixed? Was that in today’s update?

Edited by Pieman99
  • Agree 2

Great to see some positivity instead of the ubiquitous toxic entitlement and impatience. I'll second this thank you devs for your hard work and look forward to what's in store next. Also about the dailies I wouldn't want to come in to work on the weekend for that either :P.

• Like 3

Cars should be cleaned at every service interval in Rally. In Rallycross, the car will go uncleaned for the Qualifiers, and be cleaned in the Semi-final service. You should be able to force the car to be cleaned by repairing the bodywork.

Unexpected moments had a bug where after a certain time, they became a little too unexpected. They've been fixed to appear more frequently 👍

• Thanks 5

13 hours ago, danielofifi said:

I'd like to take this moment to appreciate what's been going on with the game lately. I think it's safe to say we were all a bit apprehensive of post-launch support, but personally I think it's been great. Codemasters really listened to the community and delivered.

We wanted hardcore damage in career- we got it.

We wanted rain at night to be fixed- it's been fixed.

We wanted better FFB - it's been improved.

We wanted cars to stay dirty between the stages - they do now.

We wanted unexpected moments to come back- they did.

We wanted more balanced AI -  it's here

Did I miss anything?

The DLCs are great, the Clubs have been introduced. Can't wait for Porsche and Wales. There are still some minor things to be fixed here and there, but nonetheless it's a great time to be alive for a rally gamer. I'm really happy.

Thanks Codies!

Yes you missed a major issue, FOV options on consoles. Right now the default view is far too wide. 

• Agree 1

Likewise, many thanks to everyone submitting feedback. 🙂 

Without you guys giving us a heads up on things as they arise we may not always catch them (games are very complex pieces of software afterall), so your feedback on bugs and feature requests is always appreciated 🙂 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Pieman99 said:

I didn’t realise  the unexpected moments has now been fixed? Was that in today’s update?

It was an unexpected update 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Likewise, many thanks to everyone submitting feedback. 🙂 

Without you guys giving us a heads up on things as they arise we may not always catch them (games are very complex pieces of software afterall), so your feedback on bugs and feature requests is always appreciated 🙂 

Always a pleasure. This game deserves it, it's just so good.

1 hour ago, FLAW3D said:

Yes you missed a major issue, FOV options on consoles. Right now the default view is far too wide. 

True, or at least dash cam implementation/more freedom in camera movement. And a photo mode, ideally, so that we can share how beautiful this game can be. I wonder if it's possible in the upcoming fixes/updates? @PJTierney if you could get any info on this it would be awesome. 🙂

• Agree 1

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up before but on the Fiesta Mk8 RX Supercar, the right hand side of the car displays the flag of the chosen co-driver for rally & not the flag of the driver, i know this isn't a game breaking bug but I thought I should let you guys know. The Mk8 Fiesta is the only car affected, all other RX Supercars are fine, I have not tried the other RX classes.

Thank you & keep up the great work.

DRCCovert_DiRTRally20_20190604_12-42-28.png

DRCCovert_DiRTRally20_20190604_12-42-23.png

• Thanks 1

I def agree. They are absolutely doing things to better this game. I am curious as if anyone has noticed how the steering wheel is not consistent with the wheels on the car..With DR and 2.0, Ive spent countless hours trying to figure out why the controls could never be calibrated correctly, until I watched the replay in slo-mo as to notice how if you are at full lock and then turn completely opposite, the wheels reach opposite lock before the steering wheel does: this explains why it feels so weird..it’s like the wheels are free, but the steering wheel suffers the physics: therefore giving a false sense of what is taking place with the input. It makes me consider that this is why the FFB isnt working correctly.?..just an idea on that. Is this the correct thread to address this? I think it’s a really big deal, that may or may not be(hopefully,) fixable. 🤔

Yeah, thank you for game that crashes mid-event and makes you dnf on stage. Thank you for old bugs returning somehow. Thank you soooo much.

• Like 1