Jump to content

F1 ® 2019 – Your Frequently Asked Questions

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, FIE said:

@Faya Why no official brand new broadcast HUD like the game concepts here in the forum and new cut scenes (don't answer with "we have a new podium scene and track intros")?. Most of the cut scenes are known since F1 2015! And thats a big joke! Where are the broadcast graphics what you have talking about on your preview event in Hamburg? Where are the official starting grid intro and results? Where is the cool new TV-feature "Halo Speedometer" HUD? Sorry but it's time to add all the official graphics to get the feeling: "Yes, I'm playing a new F1 title and not just an update from the previous games". I'm playing F1 since years and we got nothing new in this area. Same boring cut scenes and graphics, just added with the official font but the system behind the HUD is the same boring thing. 

Absolutely true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the same things about that "same cutscenes from 2015..."

same post-race "pitwall celebrations" from team principals...

so would you like to add "real life graphics" to the game this year?

http://up.picr.de/32397134jb.jpg

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, moogleslam said:

 

To those of you saying VR Support won't be included, well, at this point in time, I'd have to say that's almost certain, for release at least.  However, VR Support is included in DiRT Rally, and it's being added to DiRT Rally 2.0, so it's not like Codemasters are ignoring VR all together.  

 

It's far more difficult to implement VR support for a full 20 car grid than for DIRT. PS4/PSVR can't really handle it. Even Sony's own studio couldn't get it done for GT Sport.

A VR version will almost certainly have to wait for next-gen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 3:40 AM, breezyskells22 said:

Can you calm down @Ivano2023 I will be playing this on My Xbox One which does not have a VR headset.

Nice! Are there any other features people want, or that Codemasters have included that you don't care about? I'm sure everyone is cool with only including features that you will use, @breezysskells22.

----

It's clear that this isn't in, but it's sad that Codemasters won't answer the question.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that Fanatec has introduced the MPS FNC setting to their latest Wheel/Firmware update for the F1 V2 wheels, i understand that the Multi Function Switches are usable/mappable in ACC and Raceroom... can anyone confirm if they will work in the upcoming F1 Title?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is the sector time red, when you're slower, and not yellow like in real life on the graphics?

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm just excited because the game looks amazing.  The only issue I have @Faya is that the USA lists us getting the Legends Edition the same day as the Anniversary Edition.  Both GameStop and Amazon list this that way.  Is this just an error on their sites or am I getting my Legends Edition on the 28th?

Edited by rb240tuner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 8:37 PM, mscforever said:

http://up.picr.de/32397134jb.jpg

Can hardly see the track with all that junk on the screen...

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to know why many people can play F1 2019 and even make lives on the game since yesterday, yet the game only comes out on the 25/06/2019 Legendary, and normal on 28/06/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

Can hardly see the track with all that junk on the screen...

Plus the increased risk of COPYRIGHT STRIKES on youtube by FOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that it is youtube streamers like Aarava, Trlimitless, F1gamer and soo on that got the game early.

i guess its a marketing thing... good publicity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

Can hardly see the track with all that junk on the screen...

So you can turn it off, right? Such a big problem to understand it?

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, Retornik said:

I would like to know why many people can play F1 2019 and even make lives on the game since yesterday, yet the game only comes out on the 25/06/2019 Legendary, and normal on 28/06/2019

Same reason they send out early copies to YouTubers every year: because they think it's good publicity, even though some people complain about it every year.

Edited by scottishwildcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FIE said:

So you can turn it off, right? Such a big problem to understand it?

I don't want to turn it off. I want to see that information, just not in a big clunky format designed for people eating TV dinners on the other side of the room.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

I don't want to turn it off. I want to see that information, just not in a big clunky format designed for people eating TV dinners on the other side of the room.

Well if they were to implement the full positional tower, I'd expect them to add an option for users to select how many drivers are to be shown as a result of this argument in the community.

 

Aside from the size of the tower, this is no more "clunky" and "obstructing" as the current HUD - it shows EXACTLY the same info except the current HUD shows the FULL driver name whereas officially it should be the 3 letter abbreviation which is less "clunky".

 

Note: the radio icon is pointless and is not required.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can buy the Game already in stores so is it playable now or only on 25/28 depending on the Version you have on steam?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love the option to turn drs off. To have some real racing. Unlike in real f1, i know but anyway. Is that ever gonna be an option? 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 10:43 AM, martbloke said:

Aside from the size of the tower, this is no more "clunky" and "obstructing" as the current HUD - it shows EXACTLY the same info except the current HUD shows the FULL driver name whereas officially it should be the 3 letter abbreviation which is less "clunky".

It would be great if they would implement an option for the time tower. Maybe standard (like it is now), Advanced (like it is now + leader and teammate) and full. Also you should choose if you want to see the full names or the three letter abreviation (otherwise it makes no sense to have them).

I would also like to could set the gap permanent (like in spectator mode), because mostly I'm so concentrated on track that i didn't see it when it's shown. Mostly it is shown in corners where i don't have the time to look up left on my screen. On the straights it would be easy but then it's gone.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have the game yet so I have a couple of questions to anyone who can answer them:

1) Are the new sound effects in the game? Things like the beeps for start lights, sound for fastest lap etc. And if they are not, will they be patched in at a later date?

2) Are there more stats in career mode? All-time leaderboards/top-10 for poles, wins, podiums, fastest laps, championships etc? 

Thanks!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we have a patch to fix the game completely, the Williams is ridiculous with the ai in career the Alfa is not done correctly with their stats, the Merc engine needs a nerf they are clearly not the best engine in F1... The torro rosso has a worse engine then red bull even though they have the same power unit. The torro rosso itself is more of a boat then a Williams which should not be correct. The quali sim program is a tad ridiculous on the straights with the delta. There is no option for f2 multiplayer. Are codies ever gonna fix this probably not. They ignored 2018's big issue with lag and it took then so long to bring any patch and even then the updates were minor and didn't help. Honestly what are racing or not fixing the game.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Thomasscott said:

Can we have a patch to fix the game completely, the Williams is ridiculous with the ai in career the Alfa is not done correctly with their stats, the Merc engine needs a nerf they are clearly not the best engine in F1... The torro rosso has a worse engine then red bull even though they have the same power unit. The torro rosso itself is more of a boat then a Williams which should not be correct. The quali sim program is a tad ridiculous on the straights with the delta. There is no option for f2 multiplayer. Are codies ever gonna fix this probably not. They ignored 2018's big issue with lag and it took then so long to bring any patch and even then the updates were minor and didn't help. Honestly what are racing or not fixing the game.

This has been already confirmed from Codemasters. All stats and car performances are based on pre season testing at spain and will be corrected afterwards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: Every car looks brilliant I admit that, but the Ferrari and the McLaren look so empty.

 

So, since Codemasters don't have the rights to put tobacco companies on the cars, why don't they put the '90 years' stickers on the Ferrari?

 

I don't which sponsor the McLaren doesn't have but fix the McLaren as well please.

 

P.S They have lots of stuff to fix, but especially the sounds 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

This has been already confirmed from Codemasters. All stats and car performances are based on pre season testing at spain and will be corrected afterwards

 

Not entirely correct. Williams are currently not back of the pile from what I've seen so it still doesn't even match winter testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×