Sign in to follow this  

2 things bothering me

Hi racers,

Still playing and enjoying the game here, but I can think of 2 really annoying issues:

First, players hitting you on the inside of the first corner and getting away with it. This is a real pain for fair players: you let some space on the inside like a gentleman driver, just to be crashed by Bozo who goes full rev into you, knocking you out of the track without being penalized. Is it so hard to fix?

Second, lap times during events seem cheated a lot. I suppose it has to do with massive corner cutting unsanctionned. I can think of a few chicanes where I regularly lose 1.5s against my opponent despite sticking to the racing line and taking a pretty decent corner. Lost one in Montréal this way and that was just outrageous (Monaco tunnel exit is another one where I saw players just going straight through the chicane). So again, is it so difficult to prevent players from gaining an advantage by leaving the track?

These are the 2 biggest issues I’m experiencing right now.

The game would be so much better if they were solved or at least greatly improved.

Thanks

• Agree 2

Hello 👋

1) Further improvements to the AI and penalty systems to punish unfair drivers is a constant target for us, and in the most recent patches we made some adjustments to improve this area of the game again. Still, we know that more can be done, so we'll continue to try and find ways to make it even better in the short and long term! 

2) As announced a little while ago, we've taken further steps to ensure fairness and crack down on cheating in all areas of the game, including GP Events mode. This includes identifying players who've been known to cheat or exploit the game and issuing them with warnings, bans, or removing progress. So, it's worth keeping in mind that if you see a GP Events time on the leaderboards that potentially has broken our rules of misconduct, it will be investigated and can be retrospectively removed from the leaderboards.

Thanks 🙂

Instead of safety rating based on contact, how about a peer rating?

just a simple good or bad rating selection at the end of each duel. Or even just a bad rating. Default will be +3 points. If a bad rating is selected, -1 point. Simple enough? 

Oh ya, will only work with real opponents lol

I've been traveling the past month and playing on a wide range of internet connection quality.  The better the connection speed/quality the lower the contact incidents and appearance of opponents racing away through the grass.

There is only so much the game can do when there is no data from one or both of the players and maintain the illusion of a race against an opponent.

But when the game is filling in the gaps, maybe lessen the severity of penalties so drivers don't get taken out when lag is at fault.