F1 2019 - Customisation Suggestions

What's up everyone, Ghosty here!

Codemasters have shown us in their live stream on YouTube how the customisation will look like in F1 2019, which will be released on the 28th of June (in two weeks). You can find the video down below as I will post timestamps with each feedback & suggestion that I give. I welcome everyone to post suggestions of their own here if they have any. I myself will focus mostly on the driver customization but there is something I would like to be added in both driver and multiplayer car (mpc) customisation.

1) Let's start with the driver profiles (14:20 in the video):

One thing that I expected from the customisation options of F1 2019 was the ability to finally change the eye and hair colours of the individual profiles. There is only one profile that we have seen in the video, which appear to be all from the previous titles, that almost looks like me. Almost because the hair and eye colours do not match. A really frustrating thing even for casual players. We all want to identify ourselves in the profile that we customize.

2) Moving on to the Suits (15:33 in the video):

When I was watching the video for the first time I was really happy to see that there are many different suit styles to choose from, however, my reaction changed to disbelief when I realized that it is not possible to change the colours of the individual patterns of the suits. They are all locked in colour! Why?! My disbelief turned into massive disappointment when I realized that the many "different" styles of suits were nothing but the same in a row with just different and locked colour combinations. Look at 15:39: The first two rows have the same styles. The only differences are the colours and the stripes on the side of the arms. Two of them are even supposed to be paid for with the "C" points! Ridiculous! It is just a cheap and lazy way to make you believe that there are many different suit styles while in reality there are not so many. Why is it not made possible for the player to change the colours of the patterns?

3) The exact same goes for the Gloves as well (16:14 in the video):

Here the first three rows are all the same! You cannot change the colours either. Why? That is what "Customisation" stands for. To have the ability to change things like colours of the individual patterns of suits/gloves, just like in the helmet and mpc customisation. Why is it not made possible for us here as well? What is the point of custom liveries if the suit/glove style and colour combinations do not match?

It just bewilders me how the game was advertised to be one of freedom of customisation after two years of development when you cannot even change simple things like hair, eye and glove colours yourself.

4) Moving on to my final suggestion, which is for the MPC customisation (17:35 in the video):

I am super happy that we finally have the ability to edit the liveries of the cars to give us more of an identity on the tracks. It has the same system as the helmet customisation: You have the Hue, Saturation and Luminance, each with their own sliders. The thing that bothers me is that there is absolutely no accuracy in the customisation of this system in its current state. For example, it would be absolutely amazing if you could edit the levels of Red, Green and Blue (RGB) of a colour. It would allow the player to use the exact colour that he wants to have for the base of his car. Another thing that should be added are percentages to Saturation and Luminance so that the players can know exactly how much they have changed without having to use a ruler to measure the changes ^^. This and the RGB levels are important for friends or clans who would like to have an identical car livery like an IRL F1 team while playing online. These additions can also be used for helmet customisation as well as suits and gloves if they are ever to become customisable.

For reference, I have created an edited version of a screenshot that I have taken from 16:14 in the video. There is also the default as it currently is in the game for comparison. I don't like to say these kind of things but I came up with these ideas within 10 mins after watching the video while it apparently took Codemasters two development years to come up with basically nothing as an addition to this editing system.

default.thumb.jpg.e153314a8c6303c49a0ec1b89a39fe56.jpg

MY VERSION

F12019_MPC_Customisation.thumb.jpg.5364ec40db823f9ccae04df1340ddb18.jpg

EDITING

F12019_MPC_Customisation_EDIT.thumb.jpg.c840c269f14817116e7f4a2b08c1be18.jpg

Conclusion:

It is awesome that Codemasters finally go further into customisation but if you are going to do it then you have to go all-in. As the colour customisation currently is there is still a lot of room for improvement. I hope that the community managers pass this information to the development team as well as to the director of the game, Lee Mather. I pray that it also really reaches them and that they take the time to look at it carefully because small changes like these can change the gameplay dramatically and definitely positively for all kinds of players. As for the gloves and suits, I hope that, if they do not become customisable through colour changes done by the player, CM adds more styles with patches down the line. We have see nothing from the premium ones so far so I hope that they are great at least and that they are not too expensive. For all of you who have read through the entire post I thank you for the time and again welcome you to add your suggestion down below.

Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 7

Your post is well organized and explained, congratulations.

My suggestions are:

- Given what you put in the freedom of being able to change the colors, I think it would be nice to have options of symbols and drawings to be able to customize, car, clothes, gloves and helmets, in my view this does not disturb any type of contractual problem and image, I know that putting sponsorships is complicated, but these things are just drawings, symbols, we can put letters and numbers too, it would be nice to have our helmet with our name and also Numbers, the visor would be cool to change the color, because in F1 real pilots have varied colors, some for example, use blue visors, others redder, etc.

- In the driver's customization I think you've already said everything, about hair, eye color, skin color, I do not see what to add anymore, what you said would already be very top.

Anyway, without prolonging much, I have only one thing to say, this game is outdated before it's even released, I hope they get these things at launch and listen to us because we are very active here in the forum, two years to develop something that, like you said in 10 minutes already managed to create a better idea is difficult to swallow, but we will see what will happen, although my hype has cooled quite a bit I will see in my hands to form a more solid conclusion, while I am only speaking based on that they have released.

- Just to close, and as we are talking about customization, I reinforce my criticism of HUD, I do not see why in the PC it is customizable and in consoles, it does not have to be something that in the current consoles is not possible, to be sure, that all the information they have passed so far is the least to understand, finally, congratulations for the post and we hope that the game does not disappoint us on launch day, thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Him "OK let's take a car for a spin round Montreal " 

Her "what you gonna pick?" 

(choices are F1 2019 /Classic/F2 2018)

Him "I'm gonna let you choose for me" 

Me: "Choose the F2... The F2.. Please the F2. The F2 the F2....... EFFFFF T00000!!!" 

Her: "Let's go with the Renault" 

Me: "aaarrrrrghghhhhhhh dangit!" 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
  •  I hope that the community managers pass this information to the development team as well as to the director of the game, Lee Mather

Something needs to be done on there side. It wont happen as Lee Mather I believe has no vision.

Edited by Chromatic

1 hour ago, Chromatic said:
  •  I hope that the community managers pass this information to the development team as well as to the director of the game, Lee Mather

Something needs to be done on there side. It wont happen as Lee Mather I believe has no vision.

Well you never know, it might reach them.

Could we customise the current team's cars? and classic cars?

for example,no "mission winnow" for ferrari,or no "marlboro" for the classic ferrari's (same situtation for the classic mclaren mercedes,no "west")

Same helmet designs again! 😂 WOW! Awesome!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, mscforever said:

Could we customise the current team's cars? and classic cars?

for example,no "mission winnow" for ferrari,or no "marlboro" for the classic ferrari's (same situtation for the classic mclaren mercedes,no "west")

The main reason that usually comes up regarding customising classic cars or modern cars is licensing. Wether that is actually the truth is debatable but for now we cannot expect that in F1 games from Codemasters.

Regarding mission winnow/marlboro/west: In order to keep the pegi 3 rating they are not allowed to advertise addictive substances. If they do then their age rating will be 16+/18+ depending on the law of the respective countries, which means that in theory they will have a smaller target group for their game.

• Agree 1

I wouldn't want mission winnow as I believe it's despicable back handed marketing allowing a company responsible for probably millions of deaths to capture young minds. It obviously works as people seem so desperate to associate with the logo. Just say No to this killer company!! 

As regards Marlboro well it was legal back then like the JPS advertising. In fact as a kid I actually reckoned John Player Specials were so cool on the Lotus that I wanted to smoke them when I grew up... Ugh! 

I say GAMERS AGAINST BIG TOBACCO. Anyone with me? 

Another thing that I hope is in the game is that the base colour of you Multiplayer Car is displayed as the team colour in results tables and the HUD.

It would really suck if they had this really boring blue like when you use the classic cars. Wouldn't make sense without it.

Posted (edited)

I would like to see customizable caps as well

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

I would like to see customizable caps as well

That is a cool idea as you always appear on the podium with a hat. If you have a custom livery, gloves and suits then there should also be custom hats.

On 13/06/2019 at 20:15, FIE said:

Même conceptions de casque à nouveau! 😂 WOW! Impressionnant!

it's funny they are able to create helmet models for the two fictitious pilots and for us, have always the same models of helmets ^^

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, Formulaoneteam said:

it's funny they are able to create helmet models for the two fictitious pilots and for us, have always the same models of helmets ^^

That's rude! We asked for new helmet designs, what we get is the same s*** as every year. No sponsors, not even in combination with the multiplayer car. It's ridiculous. No no no - no no no. Not like that! No, no, no! They steal our money for "new" >> old << things we already had since years... 

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, FIE said:

That's rude! We asked for new helmet designs, what we get is the same s*** as every year. No sponsors, not even in combination with the multiplayer car. It's ridiculous. No no no - no no no. Not like that! No, no, no! They steal our money for "new" >> old << things we already had since years... 

Even tho i cant agree with you for the hud, I totaly agree with you on this topic. We need helmet sponsors, helmet customization... We pay 60$ every year we deserve a helmet editor

• Agree 1

An in depth helmet editor with sponsors and custom designs would be great. I think that the level of customisation in F1 2019 is a good start but there is still a lot of room for additions and improvement.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Auryel27 said:

Even tho i cant agree with you for the hud, I totaly agree with you on this topic. We need helmet sponsors, helmet customization... We pay 60$ every year we deserve a helmet editor

True. However, you don't have to pay full price you know if you feel the game isn't worth it. No one's forcing you 😉😂

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:05 PM, MrGhostO1O said:

Another thing that I hope is in the game is that the base colour of you Multiplayer Car is displayed as the team colour in results tables and the HUD.

It would really suck if they had this really boring blue like when you use the classic cars. Wouldn't make sense without it.

A nice little thing to have. 

• Agree 1