F1® 2019 - Compatible Wheels And Controllers

On 6/14/2019 at 11:36 AM, transfix said:

Would be great to get confirmation on whether or not the Fanatec F1 Wheels will have MPS and Rotary support on consoles, Holding off on which platform to buy based on this.

On 6/13/2019 at 5:01 PM, EnsiFerrum said:

Hope the rotaries on the Fanatec F1-2019 will both work  with all positions recognized

At least, there will be no excuses. From SDK standpoint, everything is possible but it's down to the developer of the game to implement it. I've attached a conversation with a Fanatec employee.

image.png.b82a6ab5dea7592f764d199eb0f3ef5d.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SAL_LippiArsenal said:

At least, there will be no excuses. From SDK standpoint, everything is possible but it's down to the developer of the game to implement it. I've attached a conversation with a Fanatec employee.

image.png.b82a6ab5dea7592f764d199eb0f3ef5d.png

This is the limitations of the Xbox protocol which essentially mimics the Xbox controller. Anything beyond are either duplicated or disabled.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 1:40 PM, UP100 said:

It's there?

Fanatec CSL Elite is listed for PC, I don't know if the PS4 (which you wrote) specifies a different version of the wheel though.

Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base + officially licensed for PS4 is a different wheel base, and it's worked with all past versions of F1 201x on PC:  https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/wheel-bases/csl-elite-wheel-base-officially-licensed-for-ps4-usa.html

Edited by moogleslam
  • Like 1

Hello, I read the list of steerings wheels compatibles and mine does not appear, in F1 2018 it was compatible but in this I understand that it is not, it is a hori apex racing wheel. Do you think I can play with him?

Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 1:16 PM, Reyfoxf1 said:

PS4

Buttkicker Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® Esports Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula v2
Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1®
Logitech Driving Force Shifter Logitech G29
Next Level Racing Motion Platform Pace Wheel
PS4 Controller Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Rim
Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim
Thrustmaster GT Rim Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim
Thrustmaster LED Display Thrustmaster PS Rim
Thrustmaster T150 Thrustmaster T300
Thrustmaster T500 Thrustmaster T80
Thrustmaster T-GT Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter
Venom Hurricane

Xbox

Buttkicker Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® Esports Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula v2
Fanatec ClubSportWheel Fanatec CSL Elite
Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren GT3 Fanatec Podium
Logitech Driving Force Shifter Logitech G920 Racing Wheel
MadCatz Pro Racing Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Rim
Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim
Thrustmaster GT Rim Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim
Thrustmaster PS Rim Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter
Thrustmaster TMX Thrustmaster TS XW RACER
Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Controller

PC

Buttkicker D-Box Motion Platform
Fanatec ClubSportWheel Fanatec CSL Elite
Fanatec CSL Elite McLaren GT3 Fanatec CSR Elite
Fanatec Podium Keyboard
Leo Bodnar SimSteering v2 Leo Bodnar SLI Pro Display
Logitech Driving Force GT Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech Driving Force Shifter Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
Logitech G27 Racing Wheel Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
Logitech G920 Racing Wheel PS4 Controller
SimXperience Accuforce v1 Steam Controller
Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Rim
Thrustmaster Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Rim
Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit
Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Rim Thrustmaster GT Rim
Thrustmaster Leather 28 GT Rim Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition
Thrustmaster T100 Thrustmaster T150
Thrustmaster T300 Thrustmaster T500
Thrustmaster T-GT Thrustmaster TH8A Add-On Shifter
Thrustmaster TH8 RS Shifter Thrustmaster TMX
Thrustmaster TS PC RACER Thrustmaster TS XW RACER
Thrustmaster TX Thrustmaster Universal Challenge 5-in-1 Racing Wheel
Tobii Eye Tracker Track-IR
Xbox 360 Pad for Windows Xbox One Controller

Hello, I read the list of steerings wheels compatibles and mine does not appear, in F1 2018 it was compatible but in this I understand that it is not, it is a hori apex racing wheel. Do you think I can play with him?

@RodStreet
@transfix

Edited by samuelsarm270

Posted (edited)

Hey Everyone,

ive read the forums but I haven't found the answer to this. Seeing as though the Thrustmaster Open Wheel add on was announced after Codies published this supported list, will the Thrustmaster Open Wheel add on be supported on F1 2019 running on my T300RS base?

if anyone has answers please let me know. Official comment from codies would be great. 

Many thanks

@Faya

@RodStreet

@jennyannem

Tomi

Edited by Tomi1997

1 hour ago, JeffLais said:

Tomi, the TM OPEN WHEEL add-on is compatible with all PS4-XboxOne-PC games (you just need to update the firmware of your base) 😉.

PS4 Mapping - XBOX ONE Mapping - PC Mapping

Hey Jeff,

thanks for the reply. How do I do this?

2 questions

1.- Will all the buttons, encoders and switches from the Fanatec Formula v2 work anytime soon on ps4? Because Codemasters say that the wheel is compatible with F1 2019 on ps4, but just the regular buttons work. On f1 2018, the wheel wasn’t even listed as compatible and it has the same functions in F1 2019 and F1 2018. 

2.- Will the fanatec Podium Advanced Paddles work for ps4? Specifically the upper paddles.

Thanx!

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Oscarrs180717 said:

2 questions

1.- Will all the buttons, encoders and switches from the Fanatec Formula v2 work anytime soon on ps4? Because Codemasters say that the wheel is compatible with F1 2019 on ps4, but just the regular buttons work. On f1 2018, the wheel wasn’t even listed as compatible and it has the same functions in F1 2019 and F1 2018. 

2.- Will the fanatec Podium Advanced Paddles work for ps4? Specifically the upper paddles.

Thanx!

As already discussed a thousand times and CM not willing to give us an honest feedback on this. At the moment neither the encoders nor the Multi-Position-Switches work. Safe your money, if F1 is your only racing game, it's noth worth the money. Regarding the APM, they work on PS4 but not all of them. You have to do a firmware update of the base first.

Posted (edited)

Hi, can I use buttonbox on F12019 PS4 platform ? on F12018 it works fine. Thanks

Edited by Drospy

Posted (edited)

@Faya Podium Advanced Paddle Modules  - Top paddles not recognized. Will we get an update for this? 

Edited by transfix

Would love to see thumb encoders on fanatec formula v2 work with ps4 and possibly some of the more advanced functions from fanatec wheels.  Fanatec has confirmed that it is on developers end.  I miss the function from old thrustmaster wheel.  Hopefully this will be included in an update soon.

4 hours ago, LittleJon said:

Would love to see thumb encoders on fanatec formula v2 work with ps4 and possibly some of the more advanced functions from fanatec wheels.  Fanatec has confirmed that it is on developers end.  I miss the function from old thrustmaster wheel.  Hopefully this will be included in an update soon.

They have a separate profile for the ClubSport V2 so maybe we’ll get lucky!  It seems disheartening to have Fanatec’s flagship formula rim not fully supported by the flagship Formula video game with all the Fanatec banners and signage plastered in game.  The Ferrari F1 rim by thrustmaster was supported in previous games so it’s not like Codies don’t have experience with these sort of things.  Oh well I guess a DD wheel can wait while I buy a PC then

• Like 3

Hello from the DiRT side 🙂

Just wanted to drop in here to share my controller layout, which I’ve been using for a few years now. It does make use of Xbox One Elite Controller paddles but if you’re coming in from other racing titles it’s a good alternative to the default, so feel free to give it a go.

As for calibration I need to put in more track time but my first impressions are that it’s good to go out of the box so you shouldn’t need to tinker with it much 🙂 

If your controller has “stick drift” though I recommend turning up the Steering Deadzone to about 5-10.

Does that mean a small MiGE OSW with HPP pedals not work? I seem to have everything working except for brakes. After calibrating them I have to press as hard as I can and only registers in the mid 20’s and in game basically doesn’t stop the car at all. Any suggestions?

On 6/13/2019 at 2:19 PM, AScott said:

@Faya Xbox One Logitech G920 LSB and RSB buttons supported ?.

No...as usual...

2 hours ago, Terefactor said:

No...as usual...

😞 well that sucks,

@Faya Could you add much needed support for the buttons please, I need all the buttons I can get.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:44 PM, Techstyler81 said:

Logitech Driving Force Shifter is not G29   

Logitech Driving Force Shifter is not in the right hand list. 4th down.

Posted (edited)

Thrustmaster GT Force Feedback is supported??

Edited by Sencir

After updating the firmware on my t300rs my TM open wheel add on is not working. On my pc the mapping and buttons are working fine. On my PS4 only the PS button is working, after that nothing. It's not appearing in game.... 😞

What to do??