F1® 2019 - Compatible Wheels And Controllers

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Mav7442 said:

That is codemaster's fault, Project Cars has got managed it. Not Microsoft's fault when codemaster can not manage it after 1 year past of the Patch from Microsoft to asign the Buttons to wheels. The Quote bis me is wrong, i want to reply on @DaleRossi. His answer is stupid, because you can asign the lsb and rsb buttons on xbox, when you will. Codemaster will not be as also the fanatec f1 PS 4 Version doesn't work properly with all his buttons and switches on ps4 like expected 

That was way too hard to read. My God.

Sure, you can assign them if you don't want to be able to shift. 

This has been a fundamental shortcoming of wheels on Xbox One since its inception, but My comment is stupid?lol

Edited by DaleRossi

Posted (edited)

Again, Project Cars managed it. You can shift whith the pedals and use lsb and rsb for other things. I know that my english is not so good, i apologize if it is to Hard to read it @DaleRossi . The fact is, that you can use both together in other games where it is implemented in xbox one from the Developer Site in the game.

And also it is a fact that the new fanatec f1 wheel for the playstation 4 doesn't use all buttons and switches like for PC. 

Edited by Mav7442

I have PCars 2 and Assetto also. This is an Xbox thing. Fanatec F1, CSW, it doesn't matter. Many buttons are redundant.  RT and LT are break and gas, RB and LB are shifters. You could remap A and B to it, but it doesnt solve the issue of button redundancy. 

Mapping additional buttons is easy, sorta. I have been using a Thrustmaster TS-XW. You can also turn on a second controller and map additional buttons. As a result, this frees up all the buttons I need on my wheel.

On my controller, I map:

LS Brake Bias UP/DWN

LS Diff Right/Left

RS MFD Controls

IMG_3451.thumb.JPG.e4d5f584ed54ae8ced92aa284b249954.JPG

What boggles me about controllers is that the game definitely recognizes an "incompatible" controller (Logitech MOMO Racing wheel): It's name shows up in the controller configuration, and I can bind the pedals, wheel and buttons to the controls, but yet the game refuses to actually use those bindings.

Imho a steering wheel shouldn't need special support anyways. If Windows recognizes it and can calibrate it, you should be able to use it in a game, regardless of how old the wheel actually is!

Hello
How about thrustmaster T300 RS GT support, which is only recognized as T300? ps4

Edited by PsYmOlCh

On 8/8/2019 at 8:35 AM, ShelbyUSA said:

Mapping additional buttons is easy, sorta. I have been using a Thrustmaster TS-XW. You can also turn on a second controller and map additional buttons. As a result, this frees up all the buttons I need on my wheel.

On my controller, I map:

LS Brake Bias UP/DWN

LS Diff Right/Left

RS MFD Controls

Ive been doing the same thing for awhile now. Its definitely better than not having enough buttons to map everything.

One tip for you though. Try turning the controller the other way so the bumpers/triggers are facing you. Then map brake and diff to them. Basically-

RB=bias +   RT=bias -  etc.

A lot easier and faster!

Edited by Skye68

On 8/8/2019 at 11:35 AM, ShelbyUSA said:

On my controller, I map:

LS Brake Bias UP/DWN

LS Diff Right/Left

RS MFD Controls

What mount is holding your Xbox controller? I’m interested in trying this out myself.