Sign in to follow this  

Commentary in F1 2019

Hi all. New to this forum so I hope I’ve done this all correctly 😂 Excited for F1 2019, the game looks great. One thing that I’ve been thinking about is commentary in F1 games. Now I know we have the cut scene voice overs from Crofty and Anthony Davidson, but Would anyone welcome the implementation of commentary as you race ? The commentary is a big part of watching the real life F1 races, as is the commentary in other sports such as football which highlights how boring say for instance FIFA games would be without the commentary during game. Now I’m not saying commentary should be added where the commentators are talking over the sound of the car etc for the whole race, but more of a commentary system similar to F1 Championship Edition. Even if Crofty updated us every five laps on the race standings ‘So we’re 5 laps into the Grand Prix , Hamilton leads....’ or Martin Brundle says who’s battling who out on track etc etc. Something so simple but would give the race some real atmosphere and each race would have its own unique story told 

Edited by etgsciroccor
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

for me no, too. I play as real as I can, 100% distance, cockpt hud and I disable all hud and use simhub in a 7" usb screem with some info that come from udp telemetry game, a second screen called "pit wall" with map with all cars positions...

• Agree 1

Fair enough, each to their own 👍🏻 I’m just a casual player so for me would complete the experience. Understand if your a ‘racing sim’ kind of player and want to pretend you’re actually sat in the car 😂 Maybe something that could be toggled on off via the audio settings. 

3 minutes ago, EduardoCalza said:

I remember F1 2006 CE for ps3, when commentor yelling "IT'S MASSA..." or other driver...scared me.

If that ‘scared’ you, you ain’t seen much fella 🤣 Admittedly that was annoying but they’d obviously have to do it in a way that is both more realistic in how it’s captured/recorded

I am also against it, just at the end, when you watch the replay, then they could add it, but during the race my engineer says sometimes way too much, I have no ear for this info open. I am like Kimi "s**t up and let me drive, I know what I am doing" 😄

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

I am also against it, just at the end, when you watch the replay, then they could add it, but during the race my engineer says sometimes way too much, I have no ear for this info open. I am like Kimi "s**t up and let me drive, I know what I am doing" 😄

haha 

15 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

As I said . I’m not saying the commentary should be constant throughout the race so your bombarded with information from the commentators and the engineer.. But so there’s a happy medium of both. You might go 5 laps before Crofty updates you on what’s happening in the race and then 10 laps later the engineer may update you on the fact your tyres are starting to wear. Maybe they’d enable you to choose whether or not you want your engineer to relay you all the information if you’re the sim type and if you want the more cinematic TV style then you can opt to have the commentary team instead. 

Edited by etgsciroccor

I know what you are up to, but I think this will never happen, that you have a commentator team guiding you through the race like in other sport games through a game. I can believe casual drivers want this, but I think it won`t happen. It would be a pretty static commentary as well. At the end in the replay it could work fine as the game can program the needed commentary on this what actually happened in your race.

Sometimes I tell the engineer to let me drive, you have that option in your communication board 😉

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, EduardoCalza said:

I remember F1 2006 CE for ps3, when commentor yelling "IT'S MASSA..." or other driver...scared me.

I used to love it haha but without commentary is much more realistic. I'd like the engineer to give me more info. 

On 6/13/2019 at 2:04 PM, EduardoCalza said:

Haha some things were static indeed. But i liked the commentary overall and also get useful information out if it like someone has crashed or something. I liked it haha!