DiRT Rally 2.0: Input on Inputs!

Agreguen la opcion de la sensibilidad de volante o hagan que los coches giren igual que en dirt rally o dirt 4 , pues esta se siente en la mayoria de los coches como la direccion muy pesada, un saludo

Bonjour tout le monde ! 

1. Ce serait bien de pouvoir utiliser l'embrayage pour les départs même avec les voitures ayant une boite séquentielle, et pouvoir caler au départ ou dans une épingle si on ne débraye pas correctement (lorsque l'on sélectionne le mode SANS assistances). 

2. Le depart en différé manque cruellement dans le mode multijoueur, cela rajouterai une touche de réalisme en plus, sachant que le mode était présent dans DiRT 3. Laisser le choix de mettre les voitures fantômes ou non, et le temps de départ entre chaque concurrent.

3. Ajouter le multiclasse dans les clubs et la possibilité d'enregistrer 24es comme dans DR1.

The only thing I really want is analogue handbrake support back ; _ ; if I can get that, and keyboard icon support even when a wheel is plugged in 👌

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I use a controller and I have to say this is the best controller tuned game I have ever played. I'm on pc. Only thing I could think of is adding a visual representation of my steering in the menu that shows the the steering -100 - 0 - 100. Such as a steering wheel image that rotates just to give a better representation of your changes.

Analog handbrake please!!!! Also I have a Dimsim handbrake pro and a Dimsim sequential shifter 2 separate devices and when I change the shifter to shifter it changes the handbrake to shifter or vice versa I can not define which type of item they are in the settings 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Hi !

Sorry I'm not not on PC but I have some issues with my wheel.

I'm on XBox One and I play with a Thrustmaster TX wheel.

First, I want to thank all the Dirt Team at Codemasters for working on regular updates. To be honest, I was skeptical the first months but now the graphics and FFB effects are working and it's fantastic. Now I can enjoy the game and it's awesome !!!

But I got some issues still, the biggest one is the steering which is too soft. It's as if the first 10-15 degrees are off. The Steering Deadzone is set to 0 but i feel a deadzone. Can i set a negative value ?

I calibrated my wheel as it supposed to be (900° on TX), the soft lock is on but this issue remains the same. I tried to recalibrate several times but it's useless.

The only trick I found is to reduce the steering saturation but there is still a strange feeling and there is not enough rotation, I can't drive a proper way.

Is there a problem with the Steering Deadzone settings ? or with the Soft Lock ?

or with the Steering Sensitivity settings ? But I can't set it, it's grey...

i didn't have this problem with the first Dirt Rally.

Anyone got an advice to fix it ?

Also, my controller and my wheel appear in the Connected Devices screen, but not in the Device History screen. Is it a problem ?

At last, is there a chance that a next update will free Wheel Friction, Tyre Friction and Tyre Slip settings on XBox One ?

Sorry if I post this in the wrong part of the forum and sorry for my english^^

Edited by Micka3719

I would like to return to the ffb, which seems coherent but a little sad and lacking information. So, the steering wheel seems "dead" in many cases. To be more "alive", he should react on:- the strong accelerations which cause a skid (vibrations with sensation of chattering of the wheels).- the brakes (idem vibrations).- loss of grip and possible grip recovery.- after jumps and compressions of dampers (although a slight improvement with the last patch). And finally, all this should be coupled sounds that are still missing (for example, passage in the water and receiving jumps without noise, etc …)

• Agree 1

• MY RIG: SIMUCUBE OSW Wheel, Fanatec v3 Pedals, Fanatec Handbrake.
  • How are you getting on with the input configuration options in-game? 
    Not well, I use OSW sim wheel and I've had to edit code myself to make it work. I feel the configuration was way too difficult. There's a lot of serious sim racers that just can't use this game because their equipment isn't supported.

• Are they easy to find, easy to understand?
    Not for my wheel, No.

• Is it easy to understand in-game what each of the settings mean and do?
    No, there's no explanation boxes for each setting. On nearly any menu, this needs to be FIXED ASAP!!! Dirt Rally 1.0 was better.

• Is there anything in this regard you think the team could do better in the future?
    Add explanations of each option in every menu.

• How are you finding the in-game tools and configuration options?
    A lot of testing and changing required to get it right.

• How do you feel about how the game handles external configuration files?
    Fine.

• What are your thoughts on how the game handles multiple input devices, and switching between them?
    Was a problem for me at the start as my Fanatec handbrake and pedals were conflicting so I couldn't even use the game for a week before I figured out how to fix it.

On 6/17/2019 at 12:57 PM, caerphoto said:

You don't have to hit Enter. You can press button 1 on your wheel/pad (X if PS4-style controls, A if using XBox style), or click the left mouse button too.

Nice. Sometimes you have to press button 1 sometimes you have to press button 18 for the same action
True logic... 😄

I whish (and have been asking for it for quite some time now) keyboard/button box support for PS4 , in addition to UDP telemetry so we can enjoy fully our racing rigs, even on consoles.

Thanks.

One thing I would love to see added is trigger vibration on Xbox One pads, like F1 2018 has it.

How are you getting on with the input configuration options in-game? Various : it's ok for some devices, or part of device, and difficult for  other : on my steering wheel / pedals (Thrusmaster TX and TH8A), it's ok for pedals calibrations, and I have some ridiculous angle during my Steering wheel calibration (over 10000 ° or rotation... Yes, ten thousand)

Are they easy to find, easy to understand? Find : yes, understand : no.

Is it easy to understand in-game what each of the settings mean and do? Yes.

Is there anything in this regard you think the team could do better in the future? Add some handbrake calibration. And more tips on each option.

How are you finding the in-game tools and configuration options? Not bad, not good. Various.

How do you feel about how the game handles external configuration files?

What are your thoughts on how the game handles multiple input devices, and switching between them? It's ok, it's perfectly detected and works fine.

My main problem with inputs configuration is that I don't understand why the handbrake is not more detailed. We are in a rally game and actually, the handbrake fells like digital. In other simulation, my handbrake is well detected and progressive. Under windows, my handbrake is seen as an analogic input, and I have the axe and see the progression when I use my handbrake. In DiRT 2.0, my handbrake is detected, the axe is indicated, but the feeling is digital, like it use 10% of the axe, and it seems to act as an ON / OFF input..

Your feedback is always valued and in this particular scenario it will help the team not only with the future of DiRT Rally 2.0 but also in the development and implementation of other titles that are being planned for the future, like GRID. I'm not sure I'll buy another codemasters game when I see how DiRT 2.0 was released... Cars' physics is ok, but FFB is absent for some steering wheels. Handbrake is not correctly managed... And, for console players (I'm PC player) who bought the Deluxe edition, every new DLC seems to be available only few days after release due to bug (like they didn't buy it)... And the same problem appears at each DLC...

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 5:56 PM, bobradar said:

1. "Sequential or H-Pattern +/- Clutch" option is a priority.

YES

2. "Assists" - Have an option to select "Authentic" assists that correspond to the real-world counterpart.

Totalt agree, as Im not a total carfreak, and dont know which cars have what. But love racing games  this would be GREAT

4. Brief descriptions of options from within the GUI.

Yes please

Thanks for the feedback everyone, team's happy to see data come in that affects their future plannings.

2 more questions added to the list:

• If any of the devices you used were un-official, did you configure your devices via the in-game menus or by editing the XML?
  • If you edited the XML did you know that the majority of the settings you can change in the XML are available in-game, before editing the XML?
  • Like 1

Can you guys add a debouncing option so i don't get double shifts in my old G27 anymore?

I also support the 'Sequential or H-pattern' and 'Sequential or H-pattern + clutch' options.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:37 PM, Micka3719 said:

Hi !

Sorry I'm not not on PC but I have some issues with my wheel.

I'm on XBox One and I play with a Thrustmaster TX wheel.

First, I want to thank all the Dirt Team at Codemasters for working on regular updates. To be honest, I was skeptical the first months but now the graphics and FFB effects are working and it's fantastic. Now I can enjoy the game and it's awesome !!!

But I got some issues still, the biggest one is the steering which is too soft. It's as if the first 10-15 degrees are off. The Steering Deadzone is set to 0 but i feel a deadzone. Can i set a negative value ?

I calibrated my wheel as it supposed to be (900° on TX), the soft lock is on but this issue remains the same. I tried to recalibrate several times but it's useless.

The only trick I found is to reduce the steering saturation but there is still a strange feeling and there is not enough rotation, I can't drive a proper way.

Is there a problem with the Steering Deadzone settings ? or with the Soft Lock ?

or with the Steering Sensitivity settings ? But I can't set it, it's grey...

i didn't have this problem with the first Dirt Rally.

Anyone got an advice to fix it ?

Also, my controller and my wheel appear in the Connected Devices screen, but not in the Device History screen. Is it a problem ?

At last, is there a chance that a next update will free Wheel Friction, Tyre Friction and Tyre Slip settings on XBox One ?

Sorry if I post this in the wrong part of the forum and sorry for my english^^

Try turning the steering linearity to -10. That made a world of difference on my Fanatec CSW and it feels perfect now. I'll try to post the rest of my settings when I get on later, but the game feels incredible.

As others have mentioned, being able to automatically having the correct shifting activated per car would be really good. Assetto Corsa does an excellent job of this. PCars does not.lol PCars has the worst clutch function I've ever seen. Overall, DR2 has great wheel support, but it was odd that it took having to put linearity into full negative to get it to feel right. But, at least there is the option for that. 

I'm on XB1 X

On 6/13/2019 at 6:44 AM, PJTierney said:

T300 user, PS4

• How are you getting on with the input configuration options in-game? 

Not well.  Befuddling and a constant chore describes it  Never had any issues with DR1.0 or D4.  Those games were set it and forget it.  DR2.0 is complete guesswork in finding the best wheel setup.

• Are they easy to find, easy to understand?

Easy to find, most have unclear functions. Tyre friction?  Still can’t figure out what it does.

• Is it easy to understand in-game what each of the settings mean and do?

No.  There is zero description.  Thankfully most are already familiar to me

• Is there anything in this regard you think the team could do better in the future?

Give us descriptions of the settings/control configurations

• How are you finding the in-game tools and configuration options?

See answer to bullet point #1

• How do you feel about how the game handles external configuration files?

Don’t know

• What are your thoughts on how the game handles multiple input devices, and switching between them?

Don’t have any experience with this

• If any of the devices you used were un-official, did you configure your devices via the in-game menus or by editing the XML?

Does not apply

• If you edited the XML did you know that the majority of the settings you can change in the XML are available in-game, before editing the XML?

Does not apply

On 6/13/2019 at 11:51 AM, caerphoto said:

I'll start with the obvious one: we really need the 'Sequential or H-pattern' and 'Sequential or H-pattern + clutch' options from DR1.

I could wait until later in the week but here goes:

This will be in Version 1.6.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

>> ...'Sequential or H-pattern' and 'Sequential or H-pattern + clutch'...

Great news! Big thanks to the team for that.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, PJTierney said:

YEssssss 😄 Oh man this will make many many people happy 😄 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Thanks PJ... Great news, CM rocks...

Here's what will be in the notes:

Added support for "Manual H-Pattern or Manual Sequential" to transmission options.

Added support for "Manual H-Pattern with Clutch or Manual Sequential" to transmission options.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, changed from momo to g920 and at high speeds I really like the difference. But on slow speeds I just can't get the car to turn enough and it just understeers horrible. Any idea how to control that? The sliders are bit hard when there is no info on what does options modify

What do you g920 guys use as a handbrake? Using simple button on a steering wheel seems a bit hard.