DiRT Rally 2.0 - Input on Inputs!

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

Controls remain the same from DR and D4 with the exception of the view in the service area that you correctly found to be wasd-qe.

So with that in mind, button 17 is the equivalent of enter or mouse 1 - 15 is back - 16 is i think F1 and 18 is F2.  D-Pad navigates.

Yep it works (17) in the Menu, but doesn't work yet at the splash screen - you have to press keyboard to step over 😞

No problems using the buttons on my g27 anywhere, splash screen included.  

Are you running the Logitech profiler?

On 6/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, PJTierney said:

Your feedback is always valued and in this particular scenario it will help the team not only with the future of DiRT Rally 2.0 but also in the development and implementation of other titles that are being planned for the future, like GRID. 👍

...and it's thanks to your feedback that several things have been implemented in GRID, making wheel setup a lot easier 🙂 

http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/09/grid-wheel-support-all-the-details-you-need/

On PC, thanks to community feedback we have improved support for the majority of devices to be added/configured via the in-game menus without the need to hand-edit XML files. This includes selecting the device type, forcing force feedback on/off, multi-binding different axis to the same actions and calibrating.

We’ve also made further improvements to this system [across all platforms], including:

• Simplified menu layout – consolidating information into one screen (Device Management)
• Displaying all devices recognised or disconnected, so you can detect faults/issues
• Ability to edit deadzone saturation for dynamic axis, such as using an analog handbrake
• Improved calibration description and information

• Thanks 1

Would car specific input mapping be possible?

I would love to have flappy paddle cars, H Pattern cars and sequential cars, depending on what the car actually has.

3 hours ago, NateFink said:

Would car specific input mapping be possible?

I would love to have flappy paddle cars, H Pattern cars and sequential cars, depending on what the car actually has.

That's essentially in the game now, though a few cars have the wrong box type selected.

2 hours ago, F2CMaDMaXX said:

That's essentially in the game now, though a few cars have the wrong box type selected.

I going to need to figure out how that works.

Look at the gear selection type, i can't remember what it's called now but it should be fairly obvious.

Did this update (1.9) remove the self centering  wheel force on menus for anybody else or did this just happen to me?  It is weird feeling and I preferred it the old way.