DiRTy Discord Rally Championship

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.8c328e87c7495f78efd99768d57607c5.png

DiRTy Discord Rally Championship

Classes:

• DRC - R5 (team based)
  • Privateer - Solo Driver R5
  • note - this club is ALWAYS open and looking for more members, so you can join at any point in the season!

Teams:

• Teams consist of up to 4 drivers
  • These drivers must use the same car
  • No driver can be apart of more than one team in any class

• There is a Driver's Cup & a Team Cup
  • Drivers score points for the DC with every race
  • Only the top 2 drivers for each team can score points for the MC; this means if your team sweeps an event taking the top 4 positions, you only score points for the first 2 drivers and the points for 3rd and 4th place are awarded to the next team in line.
  • Modified points system of : [30-25-21-18-15-12-10-8-6-5][3-3-3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1]; subject to change as we try and balance this to create competition across theentire club
  • POWER STAGE: we will include a PS at every event, normally in the final section after the last service stop. This stage awards 5-4-3-2-1 points respectively to the 5 fastest drivers on that stage. Even if you're dead last in the event, if you can post a strong time on the PS, you earn points for your team!

Events:

• Events are hosted from Friday until the following Monday for a total of 10 days race time; 2 weekends each event to give everyone a chance to finish these VERY long events
  • These events are not short. We do a minimum 12 stages
  • Service stops WILL be spaced out to create strategy; expect at the very least 3-4 stages between stops, for 15+ miles (25km+) gaps between stops. You have been warned, mediums and hard tyres will be used in these events!
  • A Shakedown pre-event will be hosted the day before the event. It will allow everyone something to warm-up on for the location, and to get an idea for how everyone will match up. (24hrs)

The Location List:

• Monte Carlo 14th - 24th June (shakedown 13th June)
  • Sweden
  • Argentina
  • USA
  • New Zealand
  • Germany
  • Poland
  • Australia
  • Spain
  • Wales

Championship:

• We will be modeling our championship off of the real life WRC schedule, and will attempt to mimic the iconic "weekend rally experience" to the best of our abilities in game. 
  • Weather will be based on the previous stages in the event - if it was raining during SS1, don't expect a dry SS2 at night. We want you to experience the progression of the weekend just like in real life!
  • A living google drive document will be pinned to this channel to track all of the teams and drivers each week.
  • After all events, we will crown a Team Champion and Driver Champion for each class. We will also be crowning two Driver Champions in the DRC - R5 class; one NA and one EU champion.
  • No intentional cheesy cuts either. This Discord is a great community so we will run on the honor system here for now, but we reserve the right to DQ any driver at our discretion if we feel you violated a core rule of the Discord. We have enough WR chasers here to know if a cut has been used

image.png

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

DRC R5 TEAM LIST - *Currently: 17 teams*
Team: Ban Hammer Alpha Prime One Master Branch [Fiesta R5]
1. Babz
2. bobradar
3. [F2C]MaDMaXX
4. Mike.Dee

Team: speedrunners.nl [Fiesta R5]
1. Testosteronnie
2. Maestr0
3. Rallystu2
4. zoz

Team: Tuletõrjeautod [Polo R5]
1. Trollikene
2. Põld 
3. Folder
4. Edward

Team: mörkö  [Skoda R5] - aka team "stacked"
1. QazRa
2. Flex
3. Cortextual 
4. CrazyNevada

Team: Budget $koda Motorsport [Skoda R5]
1. mkingy
2. 1KorteX1
3. Delta (aka stratos)
4. chamyoko

Team: Cuzzie Bros [C3 R5]
1. Malkael
2. Pigloaf
3. emuga12
4. Brandon | Flawless_Method

Team: Not Enough Handbrake [208 R5]
1. Death Eagle .42 
2. Talko! 
3. mobius 91 
4. MyBalls

Team: SIMRACE Latvia [Ford Fiesta R5]
1.  DanielsV (epL.)
2. B_G_21
3. Ronis
4. Agnis R

Team: A-Sport [Ford Fiesta R5]
1. Bombast1k
2. Galvalao
3. Paiven
4. Riggs

Team: Ham Wallet [Space Star R5]
1. Angered Beard
2. Kaiser Rolls 
3. ScubaSteve
4. CRsedmicky 

Team: Holy Transit [Skoda Fabia R5]
1. JJBruce 
2. Ryu Makkuro
3. Kabbage
4. bogani

Team: Würth International Rally Team [Skoda R5]
1. AmbientMike
2. nPiipo 
3. Dabby
4. Caer

Team: RL9 [VW Polo GTI R5]
1. t0nyASh 
2. buhgalter76 
3. ---
4. ---

Team: "Moderately Fast" [Ford Fiesta R5]
1. Alec123445
2. rub_mi_tummy
3. ---
4. ---

Team: Optimus SRT [Ford Fiesta R5]
1. elrojodp8
2. teknoid85
3. davarally
4. ---

Team: OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM [POLO R5]
1. Guido Pittavino   - [HARAMBE]GHO57SNIPER
2. Carlo Melesi       - CARLETTODJ
3. Maurizio Rossi    - MAURI3972
4. Stefano botti - Cheyenne40

Team: OG Motorsport [VW Polo GTI R5]
1. klauskristjan aka logopeed
2. Abeljanov
3. mpajusalu
4. Markoholt

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

PRIVATEERS - *Currently: 34 drivers*

1. TDawg
2. Brimalion [VW Polo GTI R5]
3. spuckmacduck
4. superstinkytofu
5. Zeppelin
6. virgism 
7. Junneh
8. Jo Resta [Skoda R5]
9. AxelHMB [VW Polo GTI R5]
10. finnstar14 [Fiesta R5]
11. rune
12. MasterArmTR [VW Polo GTI R5]
13. Sei3 [Skoda R5]
14. Smoltron [Skoda R5]
15. aferreira [VW Polo GTI R5]
16. tryki192 [Citroen C3]
17. eagleeyedpanda [VW Polo GTI R5]
18. LazyRock
19. Puki2579
20. CheekiBreekiTM
21. Hoff [Ford Fiesta]
22. entegre95 [Ford Fiesta]
23. Bawxxy [VW Polo GTI R5]
24. Konig - Jarod[Skoda R5]
25. LVchaa [Ford Fiesta]
26. gk9147 [Peugeot 208]
27. Whisper [Citroen C3]
28. Speedevil - Oscar97 [Citroen C3]
29. Skuz187 [Skoda R5]
30. Grozniy5 [Mitsubishi Space Star]
31. Samw1ch  [Skoda R5]
32. LemonthRose - lemonth86 [Fiesta R5]
33. MarcoPolo - RacerBoss [Skoda R5]
34. Lynx2000 [Fiesta R5]
35. edgaras 555
36. alwaysmzh [VW Polo GTI R5]
37. FirsovSA [Mitsubishi Space Star]
38. jonyboy [VW Polo GTI R5]
39. heavyboots
40. TheLoneWolfXY [Fiesta R5]

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Pre-Event Kickoff Report ~ By: @Rallystu2

The most unpredictable rally of the year! 

Relatively straight-forward tarmac roads winding their way through the French Alps are complicated by winter weather, which places an emphasis on cunning tyre choices. Little is simple in the high mountains! 

A much more compact route for 2019 sees the legendary Monte-Carlo rally begin at the iconic Col-de-Turini resort centre, before descending down the mountain. A combination of narrow, flowing tarmac roads, and icy hazardous hairpins lined on one side by jagged rockfaces, and on the other, even more hostile sheer drops await our competitors, and if that wasn't enough, the opening test will be run in complete darkness! A spectacular start for the thousands of fans who will have made their way up the Col for a view of their favourite drivers under lights.

The longest day of the rally will take place on day two, where the crews will be rudely awakened on Saturday morning with the promise of over 40 kilometers of competitive stage miles, placing tyre, and car management at the forefront of the team's minds, not to mention the level of concentration required to make it through unscathed.

Onto Day three then, a sprint to the finish will perhaps see drivers throw caution to the wind, and maybe a gamble on tyres. A genuine decision to make between the conservative winter tyre, and the more aggressive slick option. With the Codemasters Power Stage taking place in the middle of the loop, tyre conservation is surely going to generate some real headaches back at the service area, but with 5 additional points up for grabs, it may be a tempting carrot to dangle in front of our championship hopefulls. Will temptation turn to disaster? Only time will tell.

Onto the all important weather conditions ! 

Heavy snow has been falling at sporadic intervals throughout the week, leaving a thick layer of snow at higher altitudes, but long periods of sunshine on Wednesday and Thursday have left exposed sections of stage further down the mountain fine and dry, which could leave our drivers with a decision to make.

However, at altitude, and lower altitude shady areas we will surely see snow, and thick ice patches lingering long into the weekend. Gravel crews will surely be kept busy throughout the event, delivering much needed information to the teams.
Conditions through the event will remain largely unchanged, with the threat of some isolated, and brief snow showers on Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning.

SHAKEDOWN 

High drama as the crews get their first look at conditions, and each other.

With 13 teams battling out for the title, along with a handful of privateers, Shakedown was a busy and dramatic affair with CRSEDMICKY from team Ham Wallet taking top honours in the Mitsubishi Space Star, followed closely by JO RESTA in a privately entered Skoda Fabia.

In an interview at stage-end, JO RESTA suggested that the pace may not be reflective of the overall event result, as he expects significantly more snow and ice over the weekend.

DEATH EAGLE, Team Principle at NEH said his drivers' struggled a little for grip in the Peugeot 208, picking up scrapes and bruises along the way, a more cautious start to the event proper may be the order of the day for the coming challenge.

Speaking to RIGGS from team A-Sport, he had this to say:

"we are certainly going to attack the first half of the rally, and see if it pays off, if it does, it's gonna be a get to the finish to secure valuable manufacturer points. But we are definitely a team that will try to push times and fight for top spots"

MKINGY from Budget $koda Motorsport said  

"The team is pretty confident we can set a competitive pace after the shakedown - some concern about tyres and potential dnf's so looking to drive safe in the first few stages and see where we are come the final couple of Stages"

Further down the table RODGER DAVIES (privateer) had a lucky escape when on his third run during Thursdays shakedown stage, his car left the road and tumbled over 20 feet down the mountainside, luckily both driver, and codriver escaped unhurt from the incident. 
Blaming bad tyre choice, and an off-season spent racing GT3 cars in southern Europe, RODGER DAVIES promises better performances to come.

Whatever happens, it's sure to be an epic encounter! Stay tuned for live updates throughout the weekend, followed by a post event report packed with all the highs, lows and gossip straight from the service park.

Edited by Mike Dee
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

I am also a member of the club and I am interested in participating in the championship with a fiesta r5, I do not have a team, but if someone is interested in forming a team with fiesta r5 is welcome

Edited by elrojodp8
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, elrojodp8 said:

I am also a member of the club and I am interested in participating in the championship with a fiesta r5, I do not have a team, but if someone is interested in forming a team with fiesta r5 is welcome

Hey man, post in the recruitment channel on Discord, I think there's a few drivers looking for a team.

1 hour ago, elrojodp8 said:

me 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rallystu2 said:

Hey man, post in the recruitment channel on Discord, I think there's a few drivers looking for a team.

Hi @Rallystu2, i don't have many activity in discord because is a page that not is translate(don't work the google auto translate), and my english is not the best, and i don't have much time, my time is for the forum

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, elrojodp8 said:

good! @Mike Dee we have a new team Fiesta R5 with @teknoid85, the name soon. 😉

I will get you both added to the driver list!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elrojodp8 said:

good! @Mike Dee we have a new team Fiesta R5 with @teknoid85, the name soon. 😉

I will get you both added to the driver list!

10 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

• Standard points system of : 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1; subject to change before season start if we determine a larger distribution is needed
  • POWER STAGE: we will include a PS at every event, normally in the final section after the last service stop. This stage awards 5-4-3-2-1 points respectively to the 5 fastest drivers on that stage. Even if you're dead last in the event, if you can post a strong time on the PS, you earn points for your team!

First of all, thanks for the awesome works everyone of you has put in making this championship alive ! I will just post here for further discussion my thought about points distribution. Keep in mind that i'm an average player (stage times speaking) but I love to play this game.

This idea is here to keep the motivation up at every level, and avoiding get 0 points unregards of your position and commitment.

The basic idea is to spread point accross all participants.

Let's say at the end of monte, 50 players actually did the rally. 15 of them DNF . Those 15 get 0 points. The 35 lasting get 35 for the 1st and 1 for the 35th.

We can think about maybe give more point to top 3 / 5/ 10 (for example add the standard system points to the spreading one) to give more importance to top ranking.

It is,in my mind really important because in the end, if i end up for example 20th on MC, i will get 15 points ! In the end of championship if i'm consistent enough (and let say every round get 50competitor /15 DNF, jsut for illustration), i will finish with 15 * number of rounds, which mean i will be ranked over the ones that just DNF, or made a lower result.

On competitive side, even being in the middle of the field, it relly motivate me to take the risk for grabbing the point of the guy that is just ahead of me, or being under pressure of the guy just behind.

I hope you understand my thought and we could come with that kind of system for point distribution. 

Thanks again !

Posted (edited)

Hi, I've joined the discord group but so far don't have permission to post on the recruitment page. This competition sounds great, I would love to try a Fiesta R5 although I'm not the fastest if possible. Happy to join a team if anyone will have me or solo if not 🙂

Edited by DozUK

3 hours ago, Zoz74 said:

First of all, thanks for the awesome works everyone of you has put in making this championship alive ! I will just post here for further discussion my thought about points distribution. Keep in mind that i'm an average player (stage times speaking) but I love to play this game.

This idea is here to keep the motivation up at every level, and avoiding get 0 points unregards of your position and commitment.

Let's say at the end of monte, 50 players actually did the rally. 15 of them DNF . Those 15 get 0 points. The 35 lasting get 35 for the 1st and 1 for the 35th.

We can think about maybe give more point to top 3 / 5/ 10 (for example add the standard system points to the spreading one) to give more importance to top ranking.

It is,in my mind really important because in the end, if i end up for example 20th on MC, i will get 15 points ! In the end of championship if i'm consistent enough (and let say every round get 50competitor /15 DNF, jsut for illustration), i will finish with 15 * number of rounds, which mean i will be ranked over the ones that just DNF, or made a lower result.

On competitive side, even being in the middle of the field, it relly motivate me to take the risk for grabbing the point of the guy that is just ahead of me, or being under pressure of the guy just behind.

I hope you understand my thought and we could come with that kind of system for point distribution. 

Thanks again !

The problem with this is the amount of points the top people get is dependant on the amount of entrants, you could be fighting for a place with someone and suddenly they get a ton of points because there were a lot of people that finished that particular rally. Which wouldn't be very fair.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, DozUK said:

Hi, I've joined the discord group but so far don't have permission to post on the recruitment page. This competition sounds great, I would love to try a Fiesta R5 although I'm not the fastest if possible. Happy to join a team if anyone will have me or solo if not 🙂

I've adjusted your permissions mate

9 hours ago, Zoz74 said:

Thanks again !

This is something we have been talking about before the season even started, as we know the discord can tend to attract 👽's. We are expanding the standard pointing system to now allow for 11th-20th place drivers to still score points and create more middle-of-the-pack competition. It will work as follows:

[30-25-21-18-15-12-10-8-6-5] <- top 10 cutoff -> [3-3-3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1]

We just added a 30pt and 21pt position now to the top 10, so 10th will receive 5 points instead of the usual 1. The point spreads are still diminishing, though not as dramatic as before (only a 5pt spread between 1st and 2nd instead of the old 7pt spread). But it allows us to keep a fun competition with the rest of the 100+ drivers we have as they fight to capture a few extra points where they can.

Who knows, maybe some very consistent drivers might even sneak up the rankings throughout the season and finding themselves a lot higher than they expected 😉

• Like 1

So i took my chance today to enter the rally. Monte Carlo, my worst location! What can go wrong? I did one shakedown run and it felt good. First stage, like 20-30 seconds behind. Oh well its fine, im not good at this location anyway. I do it for fun :). Stage two, hairpin right and i got out a tiny bit to much to the left on exit, touched the wooden fence and nosedipped down the valley. It was fun while it lasted but now im ****** off lol.... no idea why i wanted to change from 270 to 540 degrees just 1h before trying clubs out either.

Driving Ford Fiesta

Cya next event 🙂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Sweden is going to be as painful because of the snow banks, and the default setup bug.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 1

Hi, already joined the discord (even tho I can't type on any chat) and I also joined the club.

I want to join as privateer with the Skoda Fabia R5. This way I get the bottom slot just for me :) 

CM user: LazyRock
Discord name: CheekiBreekiTM

PS4 user btw. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi, i go for privateers.

Car Mitsubishi space star r5

CM name : Cyplius

Discord name: Edgaras 555

Edited by Cyplius
  • Agree 1

Hi, i go for privateers.