Sign in to follow this  

The Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 trophy/achievement

Posted (edited)

Hello Codemasters,

I've been booting up Dirt Rally 2 for 3 weeks now trying to get the "Fire Up That Car... Again" trophy and I'm really starting to understand the humor of the trophy name of having to fire up what is probably one of the worst driving vehicles in the game that handles like a block of ice along with the fact that its shaped like a box so anything you clip on the track sends the car spinning. 

Either way all of the Daily Challenge Community Events for the past 3 weeks have all been a 4 tier reward structure, and every single event related to the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 I have gotten pretty much 5 pixels away from Tier 1, and it has not really moved from that spot for every event, one time the indicator dot was slightly further into the tier 1 box than it was in tier 2 yet still put me in tier 2. At this point with all factors considered this trophy is reaching pure tedium and I remember when the trophy was glitched around the games launch (which unfortunately made the trophy not earnable) there were some 2 tier community daily challenge events for this vehicle - would it be possible to bring these back every now and again? Every event for some reason has just been 4 tiers for the past 3 or so weeks.

Also since there's a trophy for this vehicle, I would recommend having a Daily Challenge Community event up every day for Group B-4WD vehicles (Which this vehicles class) so we don't have to wait sometimes up to a week just to give this trophy another go. Thanks!

Edit: Whoops, I just realized there is an entire Dirt general forum, this can be moved there by anyone with mod abilities, sorry about that!

Edited by BlindMango
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Hello Codemasters,

I've been booting up Dirt Rally 2 for 3 weeks now trying to get the "Fire Up That Car... Again" trophy and I'm really starting to understand the humor of the trophy name of having to fire up what is probably one of the worst driving vehicles in the game that handles like a block of ice along with the fact that its shaped like a box so anything you clip on the track sends the car spinning. 

Either way all of the Daily Challenge Community Events for the past 3 weeks have all been a 4 tier reward structure, and every single event related to the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2 I have gotten pretty much 5 pixels away from Tier 1, and it has not really moved from that spot for every event, one time the indicator dot was slightly further into the tier 1 box than it was in tier 2 yet still put me in tier 2. At this point with all factors considered this trophy is reaching pure tedium and I remember when the trophy was glitched around the games launch (which unfortunately made the trophy not earnable) there were some 2 tier community daily challenge events for this vehicle - would it be possible to bring these back every now and again? Every event for some reason has just been 4 tiers for the past 3 or so weeks.

Also since there's a trophy for this vehicle, I would recommend having a Daily Challenge Community event up every day for Group B-4WD vehicles (Which this vehicles class) so we don't have to wait sometimes up to a week just to give this trophy another go. Thanks!

Edit: Whoops, I just realized there is an entire Dirt general forum, this can be moved there by anyone with mod abilities, sorry about that!

I'm in the same boat dude - really need this trophy to plat the game!

Typically, I am only good enough for Tier 2, but with a delta event I could maybe get there. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Two ticks softer on the fronts works wonders for this car on gravel.

• Thanks 2

Ok I got that trophy just yesterday at the first try by being barely in 1st tier, lucky me. The car handles horribly, but I think that by having a good setup (go watch some setup vids for the quattro on yt), selecting soft tyres, getting rid of the default spare wheel, and making some practice runs with the car, you can get there.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 6:09 PM, BlindMango said:

Hello Codemasters,

a) haven't you noticed that there has been a Bonus Daily event every day since the 1.5 update with Group B 4WD? in addition, they've always been in one of the base game locations so that everyone can play it, not just people with DLC content

b) with regards to the tier indicator looking like it's in Tier 1 but you're put in Tier 2, yeah.... that's just the way the graphic looks. I've had it myself many times. to be in Tier 1 you need to be in the top 10%, the indicator doesn't decide what class you are. your rank among the players that have done the event does.

in case you're interested, Tier 1 is the top 10%, Tier 2 is the next 25%, Tier 3 is the next 40%, and Tier 4 is the bottom 25%. it's the same for Daily, Weekly and Monthly events. I checked.

Edited by ianism
  • Thanks 2