Sign in to follow this  

All those who wanted more realistic damage/crash physics...

Codemasters tweeted the new global TV advert for F1 2019 about an hour ago. If you skip to the 0.10/0.11 seconds mark you can see one of the F2 cars appear to make contact with another from behind kicking up a mass amount of carbon fibre/body work fragmentation into the air. Looks like we could be seeing some spectacular crashes this year 

1BFFB7B8-B2C7-4F07-A337-B713027DE837.jpeg

Or it could be one of those scripted moments at the beginning of the career mode.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

10 minutes ago, SoluxFin said:

Or it could be one of those scripted moments at the beginning of the career mode.

Hope not. They’d have missed a trick if so. Including it in the game but not including it in the game if you get what I mean... 

Shot looks good. But i am afraid the old crash physics will be unharmed.

It looks like his rear wing took a big damage, but in the gameplays rear wing does not take any damage probbaly a scripted scene

6 minutes ago, Auryel27 said:

It looks like his rear wing took a big damage, but in the gameplays rear wing does not take any damage probbaly a scripted scene

The screenshot doesn't show rear wing damage, it seems to be the front wing of an unseen car behind that's shattered.

• Agree 1

Would be good if is in the game AND all that debris causes a few things to potentially happen - 1) could cause a safety car depending on how much debris and where on track, 2) hugely increases potential of punctures if driven over, 3) the damage suffered actually affects the AI like it would us no matter how small.

Once again some part of the community is trying to hype something that has not been confirmed or even teased... My first reaction when I saw the video was that I don't believe it.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Once again some part of the community is trying to hype something that has not been confirmed or even teased... My first reaction when I saw the video was that I don't believe it.

Not trying to hype anything you muppet. Simply discussing something that seems quite possible and if it doesn’t happen then oh well. Too many people on these threads are so pessimistic, I’ve come to realise that after only being on here for a couple of days 😂

2) hugely increases potential of punctures if driven over,

this happens already in F1 2018 ? had a race recently in Hungary (4th corner), multiple cars crashed, after 3-4 laps after this crash I was driving through some parts as I came off the track, flat tyre was the result...

23 minutes ago, etgsciroccor said:

Not trying to hype anything you muppet. Simply discussing something that seems quite possible and if it doesn’t happen then oh well. Too many people on these threads are so pessimistic, I’ve come to realise that after only being on here for a couple of days 😂

I feel like people may think this is actually happening because your title is "All those who wanted more realistic damage/crash physics..." for example. Most likely it'll not, and then people blame Codies for it. People even argued for no reason with Codies when they said that EGO 4.0 is not a thing and the new engine is called EGO3.

There are a lot of great people on these forums, but there are also those who get mislead easily and then we have another war here.

4 minutes ago, UP100 said:

I feel like people may think this is actually happening because your title is "All those who wanted more realistic damage/crash physics..." for example. Most likely it'll not, and then people blame Codies for it. People even argued for no reason with Codies when they said that EGO 4.0 is not a thing and the new engine is called EGO3.

There are a lot of great people on these forums, but there are also those who get mislead easily and then we have another war here.

Really isn’t that deep mate. If it’s in the game it is, if it isn’t then as I said oh well. It’s a game at the end of the day. Not the be all and end all 

2 minutes ago, etgsciroccor said:

Really isn’t that deep mate. If it’s in the game it is, if it isn’t then as I said oh well. It’s a game at the end of the day. Not the be all and end all 

Well I'm the one here who is basically stuck on these forums at times, so it'd be nice if we all would be as friendly and accepting as the DiRT or off-topic community 😛 

Basically if it isn't and people have talked in a way that it would be, then people will get angry, and then this forum category will become something that I cannot express in any way without getting censored by the forum platform.

16 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

this happens already in F1 2018 ? had a race recently in Hungary (4th corner), multiple cars crashed, after 3-4 laps after this crash I was driving through some parts as I came off the track, flat tyre was the result...

The same happened to me a couple of times 

2 minutes ago, diegogelo said:

The same happened to me a couple of times 

@UP100 In that case no ‘hype’ has been done at all. If it’s already in F1 2018 they may have just fine tuned the damage etc for this year 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, etgsciroccor said:

@UP100 In that case no ‘hype’ has been done at all. If it’s already in F1 2018 they may have just fine tuned the damage etc for this year 

What he was talking about is that in Simulation damage, you can get punctures by riding over the 2 parts of debris that front wing drops, or by hitting/scraping the wall, this does not prove that we are going to see this kind of visuals in-game though (image on the OP) and I'm really doubtful.

Edited by UP100

7 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

The screenshot doesn't show rear wing damage, it seems to be the front wing of an unseen car behind that's shattered.

The front seems fine to me and i dont except that much fier coming from just a small abound of front wing

• Confused 1

Seems to be they went a bit overboard with the "confetti" of carbon fibre there. All that happened was the guy on the right his the guy on the left (rear wheel to front wing contact), and only some of the front wing flies off (as I marked in the attached picture in yellow), but for this collision you get a huge amount of "confetti" (marked with red). Seems a bit unrealistic to me.

screenshot.png

So this turns out to just be a cutscene for an F2 challenge within the career mode so not actual damage during racing. 

• Agree 1

On 6/15/2019 at 4:08 PM, martbloke said:

So this turns out to just be a cutscene for an F2 challenge within the career mode so not actual damage during racing. 

Yep agree.