Quattro_NZ_Corner_1b.png

Welcome to The DiRT Roadbook!

Hello everyone and welcome to The DiRT Roadbook thread!

Ever since 2015 the Roadbook's been your regular roundup of what's been happening in the world of DiRT.

In this thread you'll find the latest posts as they go live, and a full list below!

Latest Post:

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/12/the-dirt-roadbook-of-the-year-2019/

• January – Car List Revealed & Real-Life Rallying
  • February – DiRT Rally 2.0 Released!
  • March – Season 1 Begins
  • April – Sweden Rally Arrives
  • May – Germany Rally and More Cars
  • June – Season 2 Begins
  • July – We’re off to Wales
  • August – VR, DirtFish, Estering and Season 3
  • September – Game Pass, World Series and F2 Kit Cars
  • October – New cars and a trip to Yas Marina
  • November – Welcome to Finland, South Africa and the Trial Version
  • December – Lydden Hill, 2019 Rallycross Cars and the World Series Heats Up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Subaru_Poland_1.jpg

2019 Archive:

December, The DiRT Roadbook of the Year 2019:

November:

October:

September:

August:

July:

June:

May:

April:

March:

February:

January:

2018 Archive:

2017 Archive:

2016 Archive:

2015 Archive:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

PJ just to let you know: You are doing a hecking awesome job! So much love going into all this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 7

Man some DR2.0 in the Lunch brake thats the dream 😛

1 hour ago, paint21 said:

Man some DR2.0 in the Lunch brake thats the dream 😛

I need to learn wheel somehow, been a pad player for 20 years 😉 

1 hour ago, Awasaky said:

@PJTierney Any bugfixes?

There are some server-side updates every few days, but Patch 1.6 will be the next notable round of fixes to the game itself. That's coming in early July and we'll share more info closer to the time.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

There are some server-side updates every few days, but Patch 1.6 will be the next notable round of fixes to the game itself. That's coming in early July and we'll share more info closer to the time.

Dont forget to include those server-side fixes in the logs too. You deserve credibility for what you're doing.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

So no changes/fixes regarding clubs? (The loose of setups between stages and multiple classes allowed are the 2 mst urgent things in my eyes) ??

Really looking forward to the 911 and 037!! Turn the volume up !!!!

Edited by LutzM

9 minutes ago, LutzM said:

So no changes/fixes regarding clubs? (The loose of setups between stages and multiple classes allowed are the 2 mst urgent things in my eyes) ??

Really looking forward to the 911 and 037!! Turn the volume up !!!!

We're collating feedback and logging issues regarding Clubs but that'll take a while.

Also, there's no Patch next week as the Porsche/Lancia files were in 1.5; they'll simply unlock.

1.6 should be the week after assuming there's no delays. Will drop patch notes when the time comes.

• Agree 1

Not just the clubs tuning bug, but the bugs concerning the Tyre System is also high priority. The game is going to change a lot once those are fixed.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Why they can´t say "Dirt Rally will have PSVR support" or "Dirt Rally will not have PSVR support"? Why is this information such secret?

Edited by Letadlo
typo

Dirt Rally will not have PSVR support. There you go. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Letadlo said:

Why they can say "Dirt Rally will have PSVR support" or "Dirt Rally will not have PSVR support"? Why is this information such secret?

Because I imagine they're in conversations about it, as they clearly were with Oculus when everyone was talking about that.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more transparency about these things (although PJ seems to be bringing a bit more, with content like the most recent road book), but I also understand that it's not always that straightforward when it comes to NDAs and dealing with 3rd parties.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, RodgerDavies said:

Because I imagine they're in conversations about it, as they clearly were with Oculus when everyone was talking about that.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see more transparency about these things (although PJ seems to be bringing a bit more, with content like the most recent road book), but I also understand that it's not always that straightforward when it comes to NDAs and dealing with 3rd parties.

This is really Disappointing That codemasters are not straight to us. I had no problem if there were no PSVR support. I think Codemsaters is playing a s*** game with PS players. 

12 hours ago, Letadlo said:

This is really Disappointing That codemasters are not straight to us. I had no problem if there were no PSVR support. I think Codemsaters is playing a s*** game with PS players. 

Why are you not paying attention as to what @RodgerDavies said? They might still be talking to them but as long as nothing is concrete, there's no positive outcome when stating something that is still uncertain/untrue. It might cause problems between both parties and cause the other party to turn their back on the deal because of it. It's not a s... game Codies necessarily are playing with the PS players. It might just as well be Sony that are causing problems. We don't know. As long as the possibility hasn't been ruled out, you can still hope. Also some advice: be careful with pointing fingers without concrete proof because you might point that finger in the wrong direction.

8 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

Why are you not paying attention as to what @RodgerDavies said? They might still be talking to them but as long as nothing is concrete, there's no positive outcome when stating something that is still uncertain/untrue. It might cause problems between both parties and cause the other party to turn their back on the deal because of it. It's not a s... game Codies necessarily are playing with the PS players. It might just as well be Sony that are causing problems. We don't know. As long as the possibility hasn't been ruled out, you can still hope. Also some advice: be careful with pointing fingers without concrete proof because you might point that finger in the wrong direction.

I bought the game from codemasters if they have issues with Sony they can easily say it and i will be fine with that. you are also only presume what are now happening with PSVR. Only what i will is correct answer what are they doing for the PSVR. I´m pointing finger to Codemasters because they are the only one who know exact in which stand is the PSVR

You seem to be missing the entire point here, even after Rodger and SimVansevenant explained it to you.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I believe the language barrier might create some issues here and he might as well be slightly stubborn. If people don't want to follow logic it's their problem. I'm not going to waste too much time trying to explain it if the man isn't willing to listen to others.

I know what they are saying, but I don´t agree with it. It can be true but also it mustn´t be... This same story was after release of Dirt4, they let the players to hope that DR4 will have VR support. And most of the players have bought the game because they hoped for the VR support.

@SimVansevenant the only issue is that I have another point of view as you. 

The major difference here, is that VR has been announced for DR2, unlike D4.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Riggs said:

The major difference here, is that VR has been announced for DR2, unlike D4.

NoDR2 VR wasn´t announced or dismissed for PSVR same as by DR4 and this is the problem which I have...

Edited by Letadlo