2 hours ago, Letadlo said:

And most of the players have bought the game because they hoped for the VR support.

What utter rot.

No they did not.

Guess what, most us do not want or care about VR

Get over it.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

What utter rot.

No they did not.

Guess what, most us do not want or care about VR

Get over it.

Yes xbox players don´t care about VR, i understand it. But I and many players want and care about VR.. get over it.

Edited by Letadlo
And yes not MOST there should be MANY players
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Letadlo said:

Yes xbox players don´t care about VR, i understand it. But I and many players want and care about VR.. get over it.

Yes there are many but saying most players (cfr. earlier post) is just a huge miscalculation on your behalf. VR is still used by a minority of this player base. (As you mentioned)

Neither confirming nor denying PSVR support is for a valid reason. Only if they come to an agreement or the negotiations fall through, will they release news relating that topic. 

Unbelievable that you just can't respect that. The way you talk to the devs or people trying to explain it to you in a civilised way, is just disrespectful. I would expect a child to behave like this but I don't think that you are a child. Looks like you are just a troll trying to have some fun by stirring the pot. If so, that's pathetic to be honest. 

Edited by SimVansevenant

Allow me to put it simply:

• We are not talking about which VR platforms DiRT Rally 2.0 will be supporting, at this time. (Occulus is already confirmed from previous posts on DiRT socials)
  • When we are ready to announce something, you will hear about it.

I appreciate the fact that not having all of the info is frustrating, and I'd love to tell you all exactly what's being planned, but now is not the right time while things are still in development.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@SimoVansevenant many coplayers are thinking the same, that´s why I put it here. If this wasn´t the same as in Dirt4 I wouldn´t put a single letter here. It is simply to say dev can´t say nothing because.... but also I can say it is because they are only incorrect to players. I´m not troll only gamer who is waiting for correct approach. Don´t you think we deserve it? I don´t think they have started thinking about VR only after release of the game. That mean for me that they had many time for all the agreements and etc. Is Unbelievable that you can t see what they are doing and why I´m writing al this. P.S. Another opinion isn´t disrespect. You have called me troll, child and that the language is the problem. This is disrespect. 

@PJTierney thanks for the info but this is what we already heard, the question is Why (because commercial strategy, contract etc.) ? But this will not be answered. Yes, it is frustrating, and I think big incorrection from Codemasters. 

Thanks for your time enjoy the game

Edited by Letadlo

The “why” is simple; because things are undefined.

If we said “x is happening” and then later learn that “x is not happening”, that’s going to upset a lot of people that were excited for X.

To give an example from my previous job: I would announce a tournament venue and location and a few thousand people would book time off work, book hotels and book flights. If it turns out that that date/location was wrong (and there were a few events where the location changed mere days before official announce), we’d be responsible for putting all those people out of pocket.

As I said before, when everything is “100%, not gonna change”, we’ll announce.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Letadlo said:

@SimoVansevenant many coplayers are thinking the same, that´s why I put it here. If this wasn´t the same as in Dirt4 I wouldn´t put a single letter here. It is simply to say dev can´t say nothing because.... but also I can say it is because they are only incorrect to players. I´m not troll only gamer who is waiting for correct approach. Don´t you think we deserve it? I don´t think they have started thinking about VR only after release of the game. That mean for me that they had many time for all the agreements and etc. Is Unbelievable that you can t see what they are doing and why I´m writing al this. P.S. Another opinion isn´t disrespect. You have called me troll, child and that the language is the problem. This is disrespect. 

@PJTierney thanks for the info but this is what we already heard, the question is Why (because commercial strategy, contract etc.) ? But this will not be answered. Yes, it is frustrating, and I think big incorrection from Codemasters. 

Thanks for your time enjoy the game

Firstly they were already talking about VR before the release but coming to an agreement isn't always as simple. Also it's not the same situation as D4. 

I didn't call you a troll, a child or stated that the language is a problem. I wrote it looks like you are a troll, that your behaviour is child-like at times and that language might be a problem. Big difference there. 

What the CM said is exactly what we tried to tell you but you immediately went on the offensive. I understand that it might be frustrating but this is how business works my friend. That is not incorrect in any way, shape or form because it might be damaging to the game, the negotiations or the fan base if they release news that isn't in any way a sure thing. I've been following the devs for a very long time so I have some experience and I know a thing or two.

Edited by SimVansevenant
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

@PJTierney as I mentioned on beginning, lack of information regarding PSVR after so long time is something what I don´t understand. You are not a indie studio. That´s all.

@SimVansevenant 

37 minutes ago, SimVansevenant said:

What the CM said is exactly what we tried to tell you but you immediately went on the offensive. I understand that it might be frustrating but this is how business works my friend.

And this is exact my problem, I don´t like how it works.I was thinking this forum is assigned also for people which have problem with this game. I wasn´t complaining regarding DLC policy, also not when the servers were down, when the clubs wasn´t after 4 months active, also not regarding weather as most of players on this and other forums. This is only issue which I have and I don´t accept, that such big studio don´t know after XY months of developing of the game if they can or can´t release PSVR support.

P.S. that´s all folks, thanks for you answers 

9 hours ago, Letadlo said:

@PJTierney as I mentioned on beginning, lack of information regarding PSVR after so long time is something what I don´t understand. You are not a indie studio. That´s all.

@SimVansevenant 

And this is exact my problem, I don´t like how it works.I was thinking this forum is assigned also for people which have problem with this game. I wasn´t complaining regarding DLC policy, also not when the servers were down, when the clubs wasn´t after 4 months active, also not regarding weather as most of players on this and other forums. This is only issue which I have and I don´t accept, that such big studio don´t know after XY months of developing of the game if they can or can´t release PSVR support.

P.S. that´s all folks, thanks for you answers 

It's not a question of being able to do it or not. They can do it. The question is as follows: Is Sony prepared to help with the implementation of the game and maybe provide funds. If Oculus didn't help them by providing extra support and/or funds, we wouldn't have a future implementation of VR. It has nothing to do with the devs being able to do it or not. It's a matter of cooperation and funding. No matter the explanation we provide, you can't understand it and that's something you will have to come to grips with.  

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, SimVansevenant said:

It's not a question of being able to do it or not. They can do it. The question is as follows: Is Sony prepared to help with the implementation of the game and maybe provide funds. If Oculus didn't help them by providing extra support and/or funds, we wouldn't have a future implementation of VR. It has nothing to do with the devs being able to do it or not. It's a matter of cooperation and funding. No matter the explanation we provide, you can't understand it and that's something you will have to come to grips with.  

If you are not able to do something because of lack of money, it still means you are NOT ABLE to do it. And again it is not I´m not understand your arguments, they are rally good. But I´m complaining regarding lack of official statement from Codemasters. You can writhe what you will it is still assume from your site. 

36 minutes ago, Letadlo said:

If you are not able to do something because of lack of money, it still means you are NOT ABLE to do it. And again it is not I´m not understand your arguments, they are rally good. But I´m complaining regarding lack of official statement from Codemasters. You can writhe what you will it is still assume from your site. 

I guess the official point is, they are still working on an agreement. I really hope for psvr because, althought 2.0 is far superior physics wise, DR1.0 still gives me much more emotions due to the immersion, but i don't see any point in antagonizing and annoying both the CM team and other forum members with such negative posts... What will come, will come...

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Opassac said:

I guess the official point is, they are still working on an agreement. I really hope for psvr because, althought 2.0 is far superior physics wise, DR1.0 still gives me much more emotions due to the immersion, but i don't see any point in antagonizing and annoying both the CM team and other forum members with such negative posts... What will come, will come...

I hoped that I can say my advice without antagonizing anyone. As you can see on the begin I have put only two questions for which I would to get a answer. And, nobody answered it to me.  

As you mentioned"I really hope for psvr because, althought 2.0 is far superior physics wise, DR1.0 still gives me much more emotions due to the immersion" full agree with you and this is the point why I´m so dissaponted. I´m thinking to buy PC and VR only for DR 2.0 because I´m enjoying DR VR so much. And what if I buy the PC and after that they will release it? Can you see it? 

To everyone, don´t take this personal. 

• Agree 1

I think we're going round in circles now, so let's drop this topic.

I'm well aware that many people want to know our VR plans (it's one of the most common things people ask us about at the moment), and when I can say something to you all, I will.

Until then, you'll have to wait 🛌🏻

• Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The patch notes are huge and well organized. Excellent job 😊

I'll be updating the buglist soon once the new thread lands. Looking forward to test the new fixes.

Edited by Riggs

1 hour ago, Riggs said:

The patch notes are huge and well organized. Excellent job 😊

I'll be updating the buglist soon once the new thread lands. Looking forward to test the new fixes.

Most important thing, bugs need to be reproducible. 

Also, in terms of priority we're looking at ones that happen and get reported frequently. One guy on one night through one stage isn't really enough to prioritise a bugfix, but something breaking on everybody's game is.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

...but something breaking on everybody's game is.

837201.jpg

• Haha 1

Well you do need the patience of Yoda to wait for a console FoV adjustment, and a fix for the 'dark shadows' problem...

33 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

a console FoV adjustment

There likely won't be one.

33 minutes ago, Jake Cushing said:

a fix for the 'dark shadows' problem

Team's working on reproducing this one and solving it, but not for 1.6.

2 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Most important thing, bugs need to be reproducible. 

Also, in terms of priority we're looking at ones that happen and get reported frequently. One guy on one night through one stage isn't really enough to prioritise a bugfix, but something breaking on everybody's game is.

I have a big important question:

What's with the general sound cutting out-bug? Is the team still working on it?

I still have this pretty often (up to 3 times a day (on bad days, average is once in 2 days) playing around 3-5 hours average each day since deluxe release).

Don't really see improvements since release despite older patches said it was improved. I think, thats really the only bug in the game absolutely everyone is annoyed by.

But the 1.6 patch notes are huge, if everything is working whats in the discription: very, very good job guys.

So the Delta S4 got the audio update. I'm very worried, because it's my favourite car (behind god like quattro S1 of course) and I was already very happy with the sound of the car, sooo, please don't f* it up guys, please.

Maybe a engine sound teaser, PJ? Is that possible? Can't wait, really.

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

There likely won't be one.

Any major reason for this?

Can we assume the team appreciates how much of a difference it would make for console users?

On 7/2/2019 at 6:51 AM, Letadlo said:

I bought the game from codemasters if they have issues with Sony they can easily say it and i will be fine with that. you are also only presume what are now happening with PSVR. Only what i will is correct answer what are they doing for the PSVR. I´m pointing finger to Codemasters because they are the only one who know exact in which stand is the PSVR

You might be fine with it buy Sony may not be and they matter more than you! Deal with it 👍

• Confused 2

"Added support for “Manual H-Pattern or Manual Sequential” to transmission options.
Added support for “Manual H-Pattern with Clutch or Manual Sequential” to transmission options."

Nice, thanks!
How about "automatic wipers" option which seems not affect when set to "off" or at least you could disable those before start lights go green (same for headlights).

Just bought VR-glasses for PS4, could you please add support for 2.0 :classic_wink:

2 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Maybe a engine sound teaser, PJ? Is that possible? Can't wait, really.

I had a quick go of both 1.5 and 1.6 Delta today and I immediately noticed the 1.6 when off-throttle.