The Roadbook is more than just game news, it’s a place where I can give the community a wider spotlight. If I see something I think would be beneficial or enjoyable to the wider playerbase I’ll share it. There’s nothing more complex behind that really.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

The Roadbook is more than just game news, it’s a place where I can give the community a wider spotlight. If I see something I think would be beneficial or enjoyable to the wider playerbase I’ll share it. There’s nothing more complex behind that really.

Something that would be beneficial and enjoyable to the wider playerbase would be a new hint towards Peugeot 206 Resultado de imagem para troll meme

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Riggs said:

Something that would be beneficial and enjoyable to the wider playerbase would be a new hint towards Peugeot 206 Resultado de imagem para troll meme

Or future seasons rally locations 😅

• Agree 4

On 7/13/2019 at 8:29 PM, SkyRex said:

Looks like his is tailored more towards bump absorption.
Mine is more focused on the smooth bits and landing jumps without damage.

In location-speak, his looks going more towards an Argentina and mine more towards a Poland.
Since Australia has challenges of both kinds, both can be valid ways of being fast.
Maybe try them both and see with which you have overall more control of the car.
More control means being more predictable and that will lead to better times with practise.

You say yours is tailored towards landing without damage but the fast bump in conjunction with spring strength is what restricts the suspension compression on landing which in turn reduces the damage.

Looking at yours is seems softer and is more likely to bottom out on the big jumps. Also looking at your slow rebound setting, that looks like it would make the car skittish as the wheels would be constantly leaving the ground on the slightest bump as to me it seems far to stiff.

That being said, I always say there is no right or wrong way to tune just a way that feels comfortable for the driver.

Which car is being compared here as i'd like to give your settings a try to see where your coming from?

4 hours ago, 2Technical said:

Which car is being compared here as i'd like to give your settings a try to see where your coming from?

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI @ Australia

8 hours ago, 2Technical said:

You say yours is tailored towards landing without damage but the fast bump in conjunction with spring strength is what restricts the suspension compression on landing which in turn reduces the damage.

Looking at yours is seems softer and is more likely to bottom out on the big jumps. Also looking at your slow rebound setting, that looks like it would make the car skittish as the wheels would be constantly leaving the ground on the slightest bump as to me it seems far to stiff. 

That being said, I always say there is no right or wrong way to tune just a way that feels comfortable for the driver.

Car is the Evo VI
As I understand suspension, my goal is not to restrict compression but rather to use just about all the compression available to land a jump (just before bottoming out ideally)
And then when all this energy is stored in my springs release it slowly back to the road (to prevent bouncing) therefor the slow rebound setting.

If the fast dampers would be harder than the slow dampers, it means the damper moves in slower, which means it can take less force/second and the rest of the force makes your car bounce or damage (the suspension, without bottoming out)
I explain it all here:

I might be completely wrong with my understanding of how the physics of dampers/suspension work together, but at least for me my way of setting makes the car predictable to drive for me.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:53 PM, SkyRex said:

Car is the Evo VI
As I understand suspension, my goal is not to restrict compression but rather to use just about all the compression available to land a jump (just before bottoming out ideally)
And then when all this energy is stored in my springs release it slowly back to the road (to prevent bouncing) therefor the slow rebound setting.

If the fast dampers would be harder than the slow dampers, it means the damper moves in slower, which means it can take less force/second and the rest of the force makes your car bounce or damage (the suspension, without bottoming out)
I explain it all here:

I might be completely wrong with my understanding of how the physics of dampers/suspension work together, but at least for me my way of setting makes the car predictable to drive for me.

After watching your video I can see your understanding is somewhat different to mine. For instance it seems your trying to use the slow rebound as if it were fast rebound to control the extension after landing. I've found that fast rebound is what controls the extension from heavy compressions such as landing a jump (sadly its not an option in 2.0), where as the slow rebound alter the extension rate from things like crests and ruts to keep the wheels on the ground for longer which in turn will aid acceleration and top speeds. 

15 hours ago, 2Technical said:

After watching your video I can see your understanding is somewhat different to mine. For instance it seems your trying to use the slow rebound as if it were fast rebound to control the extension after landing. I've found that fast rebound is what controls the extension from heavy compressions such as landing a jump (sadly its not an option in 2.0), where as the slow rebound alter the extension rate from things like crests and ruts to keep the wheels on the ground for longer which in turn will aid acceleration and top speeds. 

If you just have slow rebound, like DR 2 has, the word "slow" is confusing. Because it is THE rebound, there is only one and it's your decision how to use it. I use it to release high energy slowly once there are bumps. I make it faster when it's bumpy without jumps (Argentina)

Posted (edited)

August will be a big month for DiRT Rally 2.0

Is there a chance to visit Greece and Finland? :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by DimJones
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the new liveries, i really liked the Dirtfish ones in previous games and looking forward to driving the Impreza with the Dirtfish one in particular.

but STILL no decent livery for the 2000cc Focus? Myself and a few other people have requested that a few times, but every time new liveries get released they're liveries no-one has really asked for, for cars that already have decent liveries. 

Meanhwile the 2000cc Focus which is paid extra content continues to be neglected. It's not possible to do even just ONE decent fake livery for this car? It has BY FAR the worst liveries out of all the cars in the game. And even if you're on PC you can't mod the liveries for the DLC cars, so it really needs a decent one. 

If the art team is busy with other stuff why not just run a competition to design a livery for it? Or ask for user submissions. There are a lot of great modders out there who have done great fake liveries for cars for Dirt titles in the past. 

Edited by Tranzitive
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

If the art team is busy with other stuff why not just run a competition to design a livery for it? Or ask for user submissions. There are a lot of great modders out there who have done great fake liveries for cars for Dirt titles in the past. 

A contest for a new original livery sounds great

2 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

why not just run a competition to design a livery for it? Or ask for user submissions.

Because the amount of legal legwork that would have to happen after submissions makes that counter-productive. It'd be cheaper and faster to have an inhouse design dev put together a livery since they know the legal groundwork they have to operate within - or at least have an idea on how to keep it close. Compared to user submissions which are going to overlook a ton of the licensing issues (and it isn't just logos/colors; being too similar to another livery is cause for legal action against CM).

Would be awesome to see more liveries, but that would need to be a very specific thing with a few dedicated designers just for that. 

• Agree 2

News about Dirtfish freeplay is awesome. One of the best things about Dirt 4 is coming back. Finally we'll have a space to goof around and test setups.

While you're at it, why not bring back livery editor and sponsorships? 😉 I know I know, it's unlikely.

Anyhow, the future is bright for Dirt Rally 2 and this makes me happy.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

I had hoped for an announcement of a full support of analog handbrakes 😥 Maybe it just was not mentioned ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flens07 said:

I had hoped for an announcement of a full support of analog handbrakes 😥 Maybe it just was not mentioned ...

I added it to the community wishlist.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 8/2/2019 at 5:07 PM, Tranzitive said:

Thanks for the new liveries, i really liked the Dirtfish ones in previous games and looking forward to driving the Impreza with the Dirtfish one in particular.

but STILL no decent livery for the 2000cc Focus? Myself and a few other people have requested that a few times, but every time new liveries get released they're liveries no-one has really asked for, for cars that already have decent liveries. 

Meanhwile the 2000cc Focus which is paid extra content continues to be neglected. It's not possible to do even just ONE decent fake livery for this car? It has BY FAR the worst liveries out of all the cars in the game. And even if you're on PC you can't mod the liveries for the DLC cars, so it really needs a decent one. 

I was astonished that what we have now was the best they could do. It's one of my favourite cars to drive but the current set of liveries are really lazy. I don't mind paying for the content as it adds to a game I really enjoy but it's a bit sneaky that in DR1 and D4, the focus had real liveries and now it doesn't. 

I wouldn't mind if the unofficial liveries were creative but they look like a 5 year old did them 😂

Edited by ebarbs27
  • Agree 1

@PJTierney

Any info on the engine audio (turbo) "upgrade" for the Lancia Delta S4?

You mentioned that it isn't complete yet, but will it be in the next update?

Not that the car doesn't sound already great, just curious.

14 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@PJTierney

Any info on the engine audio (turbo) "upgrade" for the Lancia Delta S4?

You mentioned that it isn't complete yet, but will it be in the next update?

Not that the car doesn't sound already great, just curious.

When I recorded the video for 1.6 I got word that the updated turbo was in the latest internal build. Whether that's 1.7 or a later update I'm not entirely sure, but I don't have anything in the 1.7 patch notes currently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2019 at 5:24 PM, SkyRex said:

If you just have slow rebound, like DR 2 has, the word "slow" is confusing. Because it is THE rebound, there is only one and it's your decision how to use it. I use it to release high energy slowly once there are bumps. I make it faster when it's bumpy without jumps (Argentina)

It's not confusing at all. Slow Rebound controls the extension from "low energy" compression ONLY, hence the word SLOW as the suspension travel rate is slow. Fast Rebound controls "high energy" compression, hence the word FAST as the suspension travel rate is fast. We can only adjust the slow Rebound in the game but that doesn't mean it covers both. It's means the fast Rebound is pre-set and unadjustable. The slow Rebound won't cover both the slow and fast I can garentee you that and I'm confident that if you reduce yours by about 2 maybe 3 (if your still running +4) you'll see a marked improvement in traction and will be able to carry more speed simply because your wheels will be on the ground for longer.

• Agree 1

Two points

1. Would be ideal if this post was locked for just PJ’s Road Book posts, with a separate discussion thread IMO

2. I like the Focus liveries, I use that black Hella one with any car that has it available 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RodgerDavies said:

1. Would be ideal if this post was locked for just PJ’s Road Book posts, with a separate discussion thread IMO

I'm fine with people discussing the contents and info revealed in Roadbooks, in this thread 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1