Sign in to follow this  

Any Ideas/suggestions picked?

hey there forum, i was only just wondering (just now) that. since theres a few ideas and suggestions in this forum, and from the threads you see and we discuss, only just how much ideas would the codies would have thought about putting in? and any recognition towards that? because if it is suggested and picked to be apart of a game, would be good to have a list of the ideas and people that came up with them? :) 
because without the ideas in the game, and if i ever wonder the CM team/forum team reads them and say: "thats an acually good idea, let see if that works?",  or if this came across anyones mind for thoses with the ideas and suggestions thread(s) that have been going on, or just the ideas just been put in the game and not spoken of haha?! 
Just a thought :)

It is like talking to a brick wall to be honest lol.

Anyway the main problem is that even though there is like 1/2 main threads for suggestions people just make their own.

I hate Codemasters for not listening or caring about their customers, for creating games that are priced ten times their value, for not patching and so on.

No thread here makes a difference. They even hired moderators so that they themselves don't have to comment here. Sick of them.

The primary reason we generally refrain from posting in the 'idea' threads is that we don't want to make promises on things. Game development is a tricky thing; you often can't get in everything you want. So if we came in to a suggestion thread and say: "Oh, this is a great idea! We'll definitely evaluate this for the next game!" In the event that the idea doesn't make it in for whatever reason then that would be a bit of a let down.

We do look at this stuff though. And we go through most of the threads so it is appreciated when the ideas are kept in one ;) A lot of it gets dismissed quickly; can't do X because of technical reason, won't do Y because it would be dull to actually play. But sometimes there are some interesting ideas that are worth investigating further. I've put together concepts from things you guys have said. That doesn't mean it gets in a game, but it does mean there's a chance it gets in a game.

Also if there's something that gets constantly brought up by everyone, that gets discussed. A lot of the time that's as far as it goes (which is why we never go into specifics until features are officially announced), for dozens of different reasons depending on the system. But as long as you're asking for it, we're considering it.

When I was working on Autosport I really enjoyed talking to people on these forums about the process of making the game and answering questions when I could. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same here after the official announcement.

That's all well and good, but you've taken so many things out of the game its become just as boring as Real F1
We wont the classics back in.  We wont it simulation not arcade.  And we wont online racing that is just as good as iracing, we wont dedicated servers so we can control the idiots.  And out of all 4 suggestions going back to 2010 only one has been put into the game unfortunately the following year it was taken back out. Lol

Britpoint said:

Also if there's something that gets constantly brought up by everyone, that gets discussed. A lot of the time that's as far as it goes (which is why we never go into specifics until features are officially announced), for dozens of different reasons depending on the system. But as long as you're asking for it, we're considering it.

Since when has codies ever announced in game features? all we have every got is a few more than useless pictures and a release date.

Britpoint said:
The primary reason we generally refrain from posting in the 'idea' threads is that we don't want to make promises on things. Game development is a tricky thing; you often can't get in everything you want. So if we came in to a suggestion thread and say: "Oh, this is a great idea! We'll definitely evaluate this for the next game!" In the event that the idea doesn't make it in for whatever reason then that would be a bit of a let down.

We do look at this stuff though. And we go through most of the threads so it is appreciated when the ideas are kept in one ;) A lot of it gets dismissed quickly; can't do X because of technical reason, won't do Y because it would be dull to actually play. But sometimes there are some interesting ideas that are worth investigating further. I've put together concepts from things you guys have said. That doesn't mean it gets in a game, but it does mean there's a chance it gets in a game.

When I was working on Autosport I really enjoyed talking to people on these forums about the process of making the game and answering questions when I could. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same here after the official announcement.
are we going to get an announcement before the Melbourne GP??

@Britpoint Im aware of the develoment issues regarding new features, still it could be totally cool if CM would somehow change/open up regarding sharing any news of features in upcoming F1 titles.

It's great to see a CM gamedesigner actually posting on here, thanks for that :)

That said, I would rather have some info about the development, and could live with any features being dropped underway, vs. the silent way you at CM have been doing for years.

Why not use the forum much more for "sparring" with users that are diehard fans of F1 ? - Project Cars is an great example of gathering useful info from the community...

As the only official F1 title you really don't have any real competition - so dealing with features you don't want competitiors to know about is non exsistent in my optic...

As an example you could for the development for F1 2016, post a poll for features you are actually considering implementing, to see what the community really want... don't be afraid to try something new...

Still I know, this post probably won't change anything ;)

Project Cars is also very, very late, not least I'm sure because of the amount of time they spend  trying to please everyone. That may or may not end up working out for them, but it's a much riskier approach for a yearly franchise.

The community, and ultimately the ones who pay for your product, have asked for podiums since 2009/10. It has never been brought in. Infact the only feedback we ever got was Steve Hood saying 'I didn't feel it would add much'. Well that's all well and good if he's gonna buy 
When he says that, there's a bit of a wider connotation. That isn't one guy looking at something everyone wants and saying "but I don't want it therefore we don't do it". It's more a case of: does the thing requested add enough to make it worth the stuff that would need to be sacrificed to make it happen?

If that isn't a trade off we can justify, then that's as far as it goes at this point. I understand the frustration from your perspective when things you want don't make the cut (I am the same way with Tycoon games!) and it's frustrating for us as well when we can't. We know very well who we make the game for, and we get a much bigger kick out of seeing you guys post about stuff you like than stuff you don't, I assure you! I hope it's not too long before we can talk about the next game. I think there is some stuff you'll like.

Britpoint said:

The community, and ultimately the ones who pay for your product, have asked for podiums since 2009/10. It has never been brought in. Infact the only feedback we ever got was Steve Hood saying 'I didn't feel it would add much'. Well that's all well and good if he's gonna buy 
When he says that, there's a bit of a wider connotation. That isn't one guy looking at something everyone wants and saying "but I don't want it therefore we don't do it". It's more a case of: does the thing requested add enough to make it worth the stuff that would need to be sacrificed to make it happen?

If that isn't a trade off we can justify, then that's as far as it goes at this point. I understand the frustration from your perspective when things you want don't make the cut (I am the same way with Tycoon games!) and it's frustrating for us as well when we can't. We know very well who we make the game for, and we get a much bigger kick out of seeing you guys post about stuff you like than stuff you don't, I assure you! I hope it's not too long before we can talk about the next game. I think there is some stuff you'll like.
Sometimes a feature in a game may not mean something physically, but it adds to the player's experience of the game, if you know what I mean? I remember last year someone asked Steve Hood on Twitter whether you could choose your own driver number to use in the game and his exact words were...

'No you can’t pick a number. I didn’t want to add it unless it meant something in-game. That will take longer.'

Well to me it 100% means something! J
ust because a feature in a game may be mechanically redundant it doesn’t mean it won’t add anything to a game. In a lot of the really great games, the player’s imagination plays a massive role in the experience because the player is mentally involved and putting a bit of him/herself into the game. It’s immersion, and without immersion it’s just a video game rather than an involving experience.

Immersion is basically the reason as to why F1 2010 was so good for me, it’s why I played it day after day. The press conferences and interviews are gone in the latest game, and it doesn’t feel like I’m personally taking part in the races. I’ve just taken over someone else’s car. If you could have your own number, it would be your car. What about that helmet designer that so many fans have wanted since F1 2010 was released? Yes, I know there are already 30 or something pre-sets, but having your own helmet, with your own colours, your own designs, that makes it feel like you are in the car.

Project Cars is also very, very late, not least I'm sure because of the amount of time they spend  trying to please everyone. That may or may not end up working out for them, but it's a much riskier approach for a yearly franchise.
Actually I've just read it's just been delayed again until May now

Britpoint said:
...I hope it's not too long before we can talk about the next game. I think there is some stuff you'll like.

Does any of that "stuff you'll like" come from feedback from the games' customers/fans?

I agree whole heartedly. Since 2010, there was a decline in atmosphere with each new release. Since they ditched the live the life approach, each race has become dull and boring. I never play CM F1 games any more. I liked 2010 - 11 but they are really buggy and the later releases were lifeless and too many feature removed. I'm' not inspired any more.

Britpoint said:

ahh alrighty. thanks for that. yeah i guess.. as those that make games and the problems of those mechanics or struggles of something interfering another important thing after another..  also, though.. as of apparent, you can do more now for console gamers because of the XB1 and PS4 that will like to see more.. but yeah, in the same case of the whole x and y effects. but yeah.. hopefully most of these things that everyone wants gets in. so it satisfies more.  but glad you are looking for these threads :) 

cant wait for release! :)