Time Trial Cheaters

In f1 2018 time trial, there are many people who take advantage of track cuts not detected by the game penalty system. They make impossible times for the correct players, faking the whole rankings.

I believe that in addition to correcting the penalty system, it would be necessary to cancel the times of those who cheated.

I hope F1 2019 will take this much more seriously, because at the moment this is very ridiculous in F1 2018.

• Agree 1

This is a problem in practically every game. Not just the F1 series. I stopped comparing myself to the "best" because it does not make sense. I do not know if this war can be won. I usually compare myself to those whose times look real and ignore the top ten. Anyway, the most important thing for me is that the next lap would be better than the previous ones. Strange car settings, using bugs in the game completely do not interest me. I get into the car and drive as best as possible. Do not waste time on a war that has not been won so far. **** cheaters :).

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, eMc0B said:

This is a problem in practically every game. Not just the F1 series

In Assetto Corsa there is an unofficial app RSR Live Timing that do the same function of Time Trial, and you can only find legal results. If an unofficial team has succeeded, Codemaster can certainly succeed. There are so many things that can be done, either with human support or not. For example, you could report suspicious times (by a game function), and the system checks the trajectories of its ghost car according to the latest set rules. If this trajectory is not valid, the time is automatically canceled.

We are now in the era in which multiplayer is practically everything. The question cannot be ignored in this way.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

i once accidently cut the first corner at melbourne in time trial and it was not detected tried to replicate it but was not able to not sure why these cut sometimes pass undetected but i believe it could be something to do with the DRS system conflicting.  

Edited by Cap10

1 hour ago, Cap10 said:

i once accidently cut the first corner at melbourne in time trial and it was not detected tried to replicate it but was not able to not sure why these cut sometimes pass undetected but i believe it could be something to do with the DRS system conflicting.  

Where you the guy last year with the fastest time that cut the first corner? 🤣 caused a reset of the times I think. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, FaSar said:

The question cannot be ignored in this way.

The question is ignored by the developers themselves. As you write, even in Asseto Corsa (external application needed). Actually in every game I've dealt with. Everything you've written makes sense, but it's up to the developers to see that their games mean more to the buyers than just simple weekend entertainment. We can write about it on the forum, say that we do not like it. Let the developer know.

But apart from writing on the forum, I can not do anything about it, that's why I ignore suspicious times in the rankings. I set my own goals in the game. And I recommend the same to others.

By the way: Assetto Corsa is such a weak port from the computer version to the console that it does not save the best lap times on the disk. You must save them on a piece of paper :).

Edited by eMc0B

18 hours ago, PureDriving said:

Where you the guy last year with the fastest time that cut the first corner? 🤣 caused a reset of the times I think. 

nope that wasn't me.. I ended up messing up my lap anyway. my fastes lap though is 1:20.9xx 10scs off the leader lol