Change punctured tires during the stage

Posted (edited)

Great game. One wish though so far, which I can imagine has been brought up before but I'm new to DiRT and it's kind of a big deal so here it is again.

We need an option to change punctured tires as soon as it happens during the stage. They do this in the WRC all the time. Having to slog through the rest of the stage on the wheel when there's a spare in the back makes exactly zero sense. It ruins the whole concept of getting punctures and having spares, which is a shame.

As far as implementation, I think it should be exactly how recovering the car works. We should have to come to a complete stop first before seeing a "Change tire" option come up bound to the D-pad. Car is then reset with new tire intact and penalty added to the clock. When there's more punctures than spares, the game should just make the best decision.

Edited by GoldenKid
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Is it not in DiRT Rally 2.0? At least DiRT 4 gave you the possibility to fix a puncture if you stop and press whatever button it was...

1 hour ago, GoldenKid said:

Great game. One wish though so far, which I can imagine has been brought up before but I'm new to DiRT and it's kind of a big deal so here it is again.

We need an option to change punctured tires as soon as it happens during the stage. They do this in the WRC all the time. Having to slog through the rest of the stage on the wheel when there's a spare in the back makes exactly zero sense. It ruins the whole concept of getting punctures and having spares, which is a shame.

As far as implementation, I think it should be exactly how recovering the car works. We should have to come to a complete stop first before seeing a "Change tire" option come up bound to the D-pad. Car is then reset with new tire intact and penalty added to the clock. When there's more punctures than spares, the game should just make the best decision.

That's exactly what happens. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Are you serious, this is in DiRT Rally 2.0 already? Sweet! Thanks guys, I had no idea. I guess I should've tried it! In that case, great game. No problems. Carry on… lol.

Edited by GoldenKid
  • Haha 2

yes  it's definitely in the game but if i remember correctly it's a co-driver perk you need to unlock/buy. or at least you can reduce the time for replacing a flat tire as one of the perks. will have to check later when i have the game open.

you have to stop completely and then a little graphic will show up in the bottom left of the screen. you have to press 'up' and then one of the buttons, which button exactly will depend on the type of controller you're using and button layout, on PS4 it's 'up+X', at least the way i've got it configured.

OP, you can do this already, you have to come to a stop first and it costs around a minute. Look it up in the controller config - I press ‘up’ on the d pad and the bottom button to carry it out.