No full F2 career season in F1 2019?

Posted (edited)

I heard that within the F2 career mode in the upcoming 2019 title, there will only be 3 scenarios featuring F2 in the career mode. I’m wondering why Codies didn’t think to include a full F2 championship season within the career mode in F1 2019. I see a lot of people asking for this to be included. 

Edited by TomRB12

On 6/16/2019 at 7:10 PM, TomRB12 said:

I heard that within the F2 career mode in the upcoming 2019 title, there will only be 3 scenarios featuring F2 in the career mode. I’m wondering why Codies didn’t think to include a full F2 championship season within the career mode in F1 2019. I see a lot of people asking for this to be included. 

Because the 'story' part doesn't work if there aren't any scripted scenarios, probably. Also, Codemasters has to get a return on their investment, so locking all players (including people who don't really care for F2, which is probably the majority) into a full F2 championship in order to play through the scripted career probably isn't a wise idea.

Personally, I really wish we could do a full season, but practically and business-wise, I understand why they did it this way.

Also, and I may be wrong here, I think it was reported that they will be releasing the full 2019 F2 drivers and the ability to play a full season as a later DLC free for everyone.

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2019 at 7:10 PM, TomRB12 said:

The reason why they did it, is for the exact same reason that other Game Developers does it; to sell it as DLC at a later stage and or to have gamers coming back the next years to buy the new installment in the series. To them, it won't make any business sense to launch a near perfect game that will occupy gamers for more than a year depending on what the game cycle for a specific game is. Mark my words, F1 2020 will have a fully F2 Career playable career mode as part of the F1 Career Mode, which begs the question as to why Codemasters couldn't have it as part of F1 2019? But don't get too excited, they will either remove something else currently in the F1 2019 game just to bring it back for the F1 2021 game. They probably are thinking of incorporating an Extra Lap after finishing the race for the F1 2022 game. Little additions to keep us coming back.

Edited by Aroab