Jump to content

Lando Norris streaming F1 2019

Recommended Posts

The day before, he was talking about how trash it was, and he gave up and went and did iRacing instead ūüôā

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well isn't that a glowing endoresement from an official F1 driver for the official F1 game! And he's of the age where gaming is in him and others can relate to him too so a review worth noting I must say. Not great Codies!

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EduardoCalza said:

he drive¬†with¬†halo off,¬†ūüėā

Yeh, he did make a good point. He said the visibility with the halo is similar to your own nose, with both eyes you look beyond and don’t notice it. 

Impressions I got from his stream was that he really likes the handling of the F2 cars. Formula 1 not so impressed. He also seemed to struggle with the AI in that they were way too overpowered on the straights. 

 

Would be great for Codies if he could help them as a consultant on the handling, just to give them a few tips and help. He was also quite critical of the tracks as well in that they’re nothing like real life, or at least Canada anyway. 

Edited by stephensmattlee
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, stephensmattlee said:

Yeh, he did make a good point. He said the visibility with the halo is similar to your own nose, with both eyes you look beyond and don’t notice it. 

Impressions I got from his stream was that he really likes the handling of the F2 cars. Formula 1 not so impressed. He also seemed to struggle with the AI in that they were way too overpowered on the straights. 

 

Would be great for Codies if he could help them as a consultant on the handling, just to give them a few tips and help. He was also quite critical of the tracks as well in that they’re nothing like real life, or at least Canada anyway. 

Yep. in the game its diferent. but he drive in cockpit cam nice......e-sports guys drive on tv-pod...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, EduardoCalza said:

Yep. in the game its diferent. but he drive in cockpit cam nice......e-sports guys drive on tv-pod...

Because he is a real F1 driver and is used to driving like this and not playing this because of having the greatest visibility(you saw that he had no hud at all) but because of playing most realistically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NMND said:

Because he is a real F1 driver and is used to driving like this and not playing this because of having the greatest visibility(you saw that he had no hud at all) but because of playing most realistically.

Only an assumption and could be wrong but that was quite likely due to him playing on 3 monitors. You can't see the HUD on the side monitors in his stream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been saying it now for a while........SCANNED TRACKS PLEASE!?!

Lando wasn't impressed.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing, it is quite interesting to see an actual F1 driver give his opinion about the game.

 

If only CM tried a different approach to marketing and development, e.g.:

 

-hiring Lando Norris and Max Verstappen as a "Racing Driver Consultant" to get regular feedback about physics and handling as well as general opinion about the game itself,

 

-getting detailed access to telemetry and engineering data to generate a more realistic build that can compare to actual simulators,

 

-laserscanning all tracks for maximum accuracy,

 

-giving us the option to "fully" customize our driver, our HUD and peripherals with "official" items and overlays as well as CMs default versions,

 

-switching over to a base game version ("Formula Racing" instead of F1 xxxx) whilst ridding themselves of the annual release schedule, just to give us access to seasonal dlc packs instead to have more time and consistency in their development.

 

Sadly almost none of this likely will happen though, due to CMs trackrecord of the past 10 years and the fact that they obviously do not have the financial freedom of a full fledged AAA company such as EA or SONY.

 

Guess, beggars can't be choosers, there is no other "official" alternative to be found.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You think hiring Lando and/or Max is a good idea? If they would announce it I would call it ********. Like Lando or Max have the time to dedicate to advise on a video game. Sure on paper it sounds great but you know reality will be that they spend probably 5h in total on advising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

-hiring Lando Norris and¬†Max Verstappen as a "Racing¬†Driver Consultant" to get regular feedback about physics and handling as well as general opinion about the game itself,ÔĽŅ

That's advertising, nothing else. They have no time to do anything with Codies as they're racing drivers. Anthony Davidson was the advisor for the F1 2010 and F1 2011 games and he was saying how amazing the handling feels like and so on.

Edited by UP100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

nice to see lando enjoy the f2 in the wet he also made a few key remarks hope codies made notes of those

-in the wet he did say this a few times that he can't see much infront when following cars but still see's too much compared to real life. (that's is because of the absence of rooster-tails of water spray from the cars.

-Paul Ricard track does not have new pit entry.

-cars seem to always take same racing line and follow each other, there is not enough variations.

Edited by Cap10
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its just simcade. We cant expect real feedback or car behavior from codies series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Neomo said:

Its just simcade. We cant expect real feedback or car behavior from codies series

I agree. Personally I'm don't think codies are trying to achieve the same level of iRacing (in terms of simulation). At the same time, it's very good for us to have feedback from a real F1 driver that is currently on the grid. There were good points mentioned by Lando Norris (e.g. the differential setup is not correct in terms of how it works, ERS is fully automatic IRL etc).

I didn't have the opportunity to watch the whole stream but I'll do that later. Anyway, good move from Codemasters IMO.

Here is the link: 

 

Cheers!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 11:00 AM, Neomo said:

Its just simcade. We cant expect real feedback or car behavior from codies series

Yeah it's simcade they're trying t omake the games in a way that is accessible to general gamers as well as more sim type racers it's always going to be difficult to get the mark exactly right. But considering their budgetand the type of game they try to make and deliver each year I still  think they do a good job. Also as I said in another thread rather than add a ton of new featuers they ma yhave spent the last 2 years trying to squash bugs and things that were in the engine and game rather than focusing on trying to come up with new stuff we likely won't know until the game comes out and we can try it for ourselves. We know they've had rtouble with the multiplayer parts of the game for example among other things so maybe they've spent the majority of the 2 years fixing that rather than try to come up with a ton of new features

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Yeah it's simcade they're trying t omake the games in a way that is accessible to general gamers as well as more sim type racers it's always going to be difficult to get the mark exactly right. But considering their budgetand the type of game they try to make and deliver each year I still  think they do a good job. Also as I said in another thread rather than add a ton of new featuers they ma yhave spent the last 2 years trying to squash bugs and things that were in the engine and game rather than focusing on trying to come up with new stuff we likely won't know until the game comes out and we can try it for ourselves. We know they've had rtouble with the multiplayer parts of the game for example among other things so maybe they've spent the majority of the 2 years fixing that rather than try to come up with a ton of new features

Ok so just a quick question on that, are you happy to pay full whack for the next yearly game which has very little to no extra features if all they've done is fix bugs/issues that should not have been present in the previous game considering a product shouldn't really be sold broken?

 

For the record, I'm not saying that is what's happening as who knows what is actually in the game but if this was the case, I for would not pay again for basically the same game but fixed and instead would expect a patch to be released for the current game importing the fixes they've spent 2 years on AND updated cars #justsaying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, martbloke said:

Ok so just a quick question on that, are you happy to pay full whack for the next yearly game which has very little to no extra features if all they've done is fix bugs/issues that should not have been present in the previous game considering a product shouldn't really be sold broken?

 

For the record, I'm not saying that is what's happening as who knows what is actually in the game but if this was the case, I for would not pay again for basically the same game but fixed and instead would expect a patch to be released for the current game importing the fixes they've spent 2 years on AND updated cars #justsaying

That depends on what has changed but some bugs may not have been fixable under the old programming and because it can take the better part of 2 years to build a game like this as it took them 2 years to build 2015 as well remember? They're not a big company like EA so it's going to take longer especially given they need to have a team capable of releasing a game every year problems or no. I'm not saying it's the right or wrong way of doing things but it is what CM are up against. I don't thin kit's easy to work on a series like this and keep everybody happy so sometimes you just have to hit and hope. Whilst I'm not likely to get it on day 1 as I've got my hands full doing other things and I want to finish careers I have going on the other games first if I can but I'm not ruling out getting it eventually as I have to admit I like the F2 story mode integration idea they've got in mind. As for products being broken the game works fine for me but then I only do single player and with video games because of the massively wide variety of hardware they have to run on they can't always guarantee the program will work 100% perfect for everyone  so in these situations you have to give them a certain amount of leeway and that's the problem with gaming as a whole not just with the games CM produce. Plus 2019 was built by a completely different team while smaller teams kept things ticking over for 2017 and 18 so I think they deserve a little leeway at least until we get our hands on the game and can judge it for ourselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×