Sign in to follow this  

Worst pre release ever!

So the games out next week and we have had barely anything on this game! What happened to a better communication process promised not that long ago.

Can't say I am excited or even thinking about buying at this point because I know very little. So theres F2 and better lighting at night?

Not enough to make a sale for me. 

• Disagree 1

13 hours ago, AdamFreeman said:

So the games out next week and we have had barely anything on this game! What happened to a better communication process promised not that long ago.

Can't say I am excited or even thinking about buying at this point because I know very little. So theres F2 and better lighting at night?

Not enough to make a sale for me. 

OK, so don't buy it. Just because you haven't been paying attention doesn't mean you have to blame someone else for it.

I can only agree that this must be the worst pre release ever. It's almost like they are hiding the career part of the game. F2 is only an intro to the F1 career and we haven't seen anything of the F1 career almost like they changed nothing at all and do not want us to know. I'm buying an F1 game not a F2 game so more info on the F1 part would be appreciated.

I still haven't preordererd 

• Agree 3

yep, unfortunately no F1 career info at all. I hope the F2 thing isn't the only thing they added in this 2 year development cycle. If so, that's really sad.

• Agree 1

Worst pre-release ever or worst fans ever ? 

You're just complaining all the time, it's so tiring !

I haven't read a single time " Waw, amazing, there are F2, new stories in career, drivers transfers, new graphics...".

It's amazing to have a F1 game like this but you're never never never happy. It's sooo sad (for you) !

I'm not saying Codemasters F1 games are perfect but that's too much. 

Edited by Lucasky
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 7

1 minute ago, Lucasky said:

Worst pre-release ever or worst fans ever ? 

You're just complaining all the time, it's so tiring !

I haven't read a single time " Waw, amazing, there is F2, new stories in career, drivers transfers, new graphics...".

It's amazing to have a F1 game like this but you're never never never happy. It's sooo sad (for you) !

I'm not saying Codemasters F1 games are perfect but that's too much. 

Really? I don't care for F2 so I'm not gonna be like 'Waw I want to play F1 but yeah we get F2". I'm not the complaining type but I'm not the cheerleader that will cheer for just everything. The only thing that has my interest is the F1 career. We have been shown footage of F2 but not of F1 career, the part that I want to play to the most. So sorry if you offended by me asking some footage of F1 career.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Really? I don't care for F2 so I'm not gonna be like 'Waw I want to play F1 but yeah we get F2". I'm not the complaining type but I'm not the cheerleader that will cheer for just everything. The only thing that has my interest is the F1 career. We have been shown footage of F2 but not of F1 career, the part that I want to play to the most. So sorry if you offended by me asking some footage of F1 career.

You can skip F2 and play career mode like you did last year.

36 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

You can skip F2 and play career mode like you did last year.

that's not what I mean. I will start with F2 but F2 is just some intro to the main game. it's 3 scenario's and then the game actually starts. But from what we have seen now or from what they do not show us I start to suspect that besides the 2 fake drivers nothing has changed to F1 career.

Codemasters have done in my opinion a very good job for the online portion of the game. But online I don't really care for. I play most of the time career and so nothing have been really shown that interests me because the F2 part is not even 5% of my gameplay. I'll see it at the start of the career and then it's gone except for the 2 fake drivers. I wanna see if the rest of career got updated or it's the same with an F2 intro tacked on to it. That's what it looks like right now and I hope I am wrong. 

2 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

That's what it looks like right now and I hope I am wrong. 

Good explanation. I think you're right. The base of the career seemingly hasn't changed, apart from the addition of the storyline, interviews etc etc which have to do with those Weber and Butler guys. I think it's up to you to decide whether that's interesting enough for you to play through it.

I would like to add that Codemasters also haven't talked about any improvements on the Multiplayer problems (seemingly bad netcode, safety car issues, no dedicated servers, ...).
They never really do that pre-release though, so it is expected. :classic_mellow:

Sure, there are many new Features like the implementation of Leagues (which I welcome!), but have they fixed the long list of problems from the last games? Should you not fix your existing stuff before you add more?

So in conclusion, I really wouldn't say it's the worst pre-release ever, because for me and some others it always kinda suck'd. Cheers 🍻

• Agree 3

It’s still pre-release phase but the game looks extremely barebone. Two years in development, are you joking? They were done with modeling the cars a couple of days ago. This is just a joke. The handling hasn’t changed. Plus the Senna v Prost feature is just another scenario mode which replaces the invitational events. F2 is a cool addition but you really should play the full F2 season before earning your seat. I bet they’ll have removed a feature or two which is what Codemasters always do (getting fired probably won’t be a thing anymore if you can earn your seat so easily). They claim F2 was like making another game into one. No it wasn’t the cars are exactly the same. Not to mention the fact red flags have still not returned, the safety car is a feature that is so inconsistent and will most likely remain so, Multiplayer will probably be broken before release. I have bought every one of the F1 games since 2010. The progression is so disappointing. I know they don’t have all the money in the world but still. It’s a copy paste of F1 2018 with F2 included (barely) and 4 new classic cars

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, cornerslicer said:

It’s still pre-release phase

The game is finished. Just saying. Only things they will do before the release is fixing bugs.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I am not bashing the physical game it may be awesome for all I know! I am bashing the fact that we know little about it really. The link above mentions F2 and rivalries thats it for career, compare to previous (yet still lackluster) titles where we get information about the game it feels like we have been fed the scraps.

The game is out in 9 days, so close to release and they bragged about 2 years of development you would think they would want to show off 2 years of work. There E3 wasn't very revealing either.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

they bragged about 2 years of development you would think they would want to show off 2 years of work.

This .....! If they had not bragged about 2 years development I wouldn't be so picky but if this is what 2 years development delivers I'm disappointed. F2 is a nice addition but if they wasted 2 years just to add F2 it was wasted time. 2 years of development with a bigger team should have given us a new game not the same game with some extra add-ons. 

Let's hope they kept the best for last and we will still see some more footage before the game comes out. I would like to pre order the game but with the information I got until now I better wait till when the game get's discounted before buying.

• Agree 3

It could be they spent those 2 years ironing out the bugs in the engine and previous games rather than adding a ton of new features we don't know let's see how the game is first before we judge it. I'm all for criticizing CM when it's needed but lets not jump on the hate bandwagon before it's necessary. I'm still not sure if I'll get it on day 1 mostly because I've not finished my other careers yet but even if I do I'll probably hold of on playing It until I am done with those I'll likely just buy it and let it sit in my Steam library for a time until I'm finished with my other careers. Either that or download and stick with F2.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

It could be they spent those 2 years ironing out the bugs in the engine and previous games rather than adding a ton of new features we don't know let's see how the game is first before we judge it. 

That's a very optimistic way of looking at it, and I admire you for that! And judging games before release is always kinda lame, but it's our pals at codemasters we're still talking about, so please enjoy this list of things that will happen before they fix all the bugs:

- Alonso comes back to F1
- The planets form a line and codemasters employees actually answer to questions in this forum
- A Nintendo Switch port of F1 mobile is released in 2020
- Sebastian Vettel wins a race in 2019 (😥)
- F1 2024 finally supports VR (but only on playstation)
- Formula 2 cars are taken away from F1 2020
- Formula 2 cars are added back in F1 2022
- A dedicated server app is added but it's highly experimental and doesn't really work at all
- Lando Norris wins the F1 esports championship
- Codemasters develops a new engine but for some reason it has all the old bugs again
- Formula 3 is added to the game
- Aliens visit the Earth and Lewis Hamilton is like they are the best fans
- sjsharp2010 pre-orders an F1 game

/s

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I feel this so much hahaha

46 minutes ago, LSKone said:

That's a very optimistic way of looking at it, and I admire you for that! And judging games before release is always kinda lame, but it's our pals at codemasters we're still talking about, so please enjoy this list of things that will happen before they fix all the bugs:

- Alonso comes back to F1
- The planets form a line and codemasters employees actually answer to questions in this forum
- A Nintendo Switch port of F1 mobile is released in 2020
- Sebastian Vettel wins a race in 2019 (😥)
- F1 2024 finally supports VR (but only on playstation)
- A dedicated server app is added but it's highly experimental and doesn't really work at all
- Lando Norris wins the F1 esports championship
- Codemasters develops a new engine but for some reason it has all the old bugs again
- Formula 3 is added to the game
- Aliens visit the Earth and Lewis Hamilton is like they are the best fans
- sjsharp2010 pre-orders an F1 game

/s

Wrll there's nothing wrong with a little optimism but right now I'm not planning on pre ordering it so that las t thing is wrong as I haven't preordered yet and I'm not planning to atm. ATM my only plan is to finish the careers I have on the go in the previous games

• Haha 1