Sign in to follow this  

Which controller do you use to play GRID?

I used to play ToCa Race Driver 3 with keyboard, but I'm glad I bought a steering wheel a couple years back, it makes for even more fun.

(Controller in the options should have been gamepad)

Xbox 360 for windows, I used to use a logitech one many years ago that was like a ps2 controller.

I have a turbo pad,  It increases the boost psi, on any turbo car I drive. Also adds 20mph onto the top speed and gives me traction control.  

=)) 

Seriously though, I have a slightly different xbox 360 controller that most peoples......Aswell as the standard buttons, mine has a trigger button on the LEFT,   and there is a yellow "Y" button.  

I believe alot of peoples controllers come with blanks where the left trigger and Y buttons would be........weird

Hi TURBODEVIN19:(|) i used to play TOCA 3 with  playstation 2  gamepad with a converter in PC and GRID 1 with my       X  XBOX 360 Controller for windows B-)   

Always been a console, pad player. Have no room for a proper steering wheel, no money for a good-spec PC ATM. So that's it.

Yea I should have named it gamepad instead of controller, couldnt think of the right word at that time, and an hour later the blogpost was up, mentioning Gamepad... But I somehow can't change the poll options or description.

Fanatec Clubsport Wheel + BMW GT2/Formula rim, Clubsport Pedals V2, Clubsport Shifter and a rally handbrakeB-) 

Started out using a wheel in Grid 1 ( only after I wore through the steel pins holding the analogue sticks in place on a generic copy of a PS3 pad and then an Xbox pad which ended up with a gritty feel after 1000's of hours), never looked back after I tried a pad with Dirt 3 and was horrified at the lack of control in any slide...

i first used a g27 wheel for dirt 3 and havent looked back, i love the feeling of a wheel, i dont know if it improves my racing any but it does improve my enjoyment. im a console player too, ive always wanted to jump onto pc gaming but i never get around to it. perhaps one day ill make the jump.

Will be using my G27 with G25 shifter.    :D

HoiHman said:
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel + BMW GT2/Formula rim, Clubsport Pedals V2, Clubsport Shifter and a rally handbrakeB-) 

Wow nice setup dude.

That's ... crazy. o_o

Ontopic: I play mostly with an xbox 360 pad, because y'know ... consoles. But, on PC from time-to-time I do break out my Logitech G27 although I don't have the legroom for the pedals (too tall) so I either give myself explosive ankle-cramps or have to make-do with using buttons for accelerating/braking.

I think I need a bigger desk.

Will be using my G27 with G25 shifter.    :D

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/10/we5h.jpg
Wow nice setup dude.

So much looking forward to play Grid Autosport on my triplescreen setup.  

Here's a pic from Grid 2             ( from left to right 250cm (100 inch))

On topic:

For the open wheel cars i will use the formula rim and i will be using simvibe to display data like RPM / GEARS and laptimes on my 5" note 3

nice but I think I'lljust stick to my 30 inch Samsung TV as I don't havbe the room for triple screen set up at least not without building san extension onto my extension :p

KazzyMac said:
...I think I need a bigger desk.
I just need a desk!

Clamping my dusty ol' MS Sidewinder wheel to the dining table for a couple of Assiemodis' race meets took the varnish off.  Doh!  :-O