Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 the worst Codemasters F1 game?

Let’s think about this. I’ve bought every single F1 game since 2010 and they’ve had a few stumbles. In my opinion F1 2016 should’ve been the game in 2014, since F1 2014 was a copy paste of F1 2013. F1 2015 was decent but so barebone it was a joke. So in my opinion we’re still 2 years behind. They claim F1 2019 was in development for 2 years. You’re telling me a copy paste of F1 2018 with the addition of F2, Senna v Prost feature and Multiplayer leagues and custom liveries took 2 years!!!? Nice one Codemasters you only finished modeling the cars a couple of weeks ago. They say F2 was like creating another championship and putting 2 games into one. NO IT IS NOT!! F2 cars the same they only added one chassis in with different liveries. Not to mention the fact you’re not actually going to play a full F2 season to earn your way into F1. Its 3 scenarios. Yes you can play the full F2 season outside of career mode but career mode is the game’s core everyone plays it. Senna vs Prost is just an invitational event so they only replaced a current feature. Leagues and Multiplayer liveries are cool (even though custom liveries really should be integrated into the career mode) yet there are still heaps of bugs which they probably won’t have fixed. Not to mention the fact the safety car is still broken and red flags never made a comeback and the handling is still the same. In my opinion this a more of a minor update than a completely new game which took two years to make. This the first time i will skip the game’s release. Will this be the worst game? Probably not but thinking about it there isn’t much new here and certainly a lot of room for improvement. What do you guys think?

• Agree 2

You ask me what I think? If you don't like it, don't buy it. But complaining even before the game came out seems a bit strange to me. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, heideldrum said:

You ask me what I think? If you don't like it, don't buy it. But complaining even before the game came out seems a bit strange to me. 

Yh I won’t buy it. My point is this isn’t promising at all for the publicity it’s had. I know I can’t judge a beer without tasting it but this looks exactly like F1 2018 with mere F2 integration 

Codemasters copy and paste tactics make it easier to identify bugs. Since bugs never really get fixed from previous games anyway. And if and when they do something else get broken anyway you could say that's part of coding which is true to an extent but in the end quality assurance of patches at codemasters is severely lacking.  

this kind of post you can read in all yearly released games, I think when you go to a Fifa, Madden, NHL Forum you will find the same complaining post, at the end, all those people will still buy the game. I will read some reviews and watch metacritic scores, will finish my season and then I will buy it. The most important feature for me this year is that the drivers are changing during the career, a little step which I am missing right now but it makes the game more flexible. Guess what, next week they will start to work on F1 2020, maybe you send an application to Codemasters to help them to make it better.

• Like 1

I dunno man. I just started playing F1 2015 to do a full career with f1career.com and I can tell you this:

- looks ugly

- drives like a boat

- sounds are horrible

- you can ride the curbs with no repercussions 

- AI does more stupid stuff than normal in 2018

- no career

So in my personal opinion they’ve made the game better and better over the past couple of years and till today I find 2018 the most enjoyable game they build. So I reckon 2019 will be slightly better even 🙂

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

F1 2018 is Codies best F1 game, anything previous have become obsolete to me purely because of the input lag, physics, FFB and AI in F1 2018 being a massive improvement. 

There's 2 things in F1 2019 that is killing it for me, the track accuracy (Spa for example still hasn't been fixed since 2010) and the Engine sounds (The cars sounds like it's barely revving). These are the two major issues I have so far until I actually play it myself. 

The marketing for 19 has been done poorly and amateurish, but saying F1 2019 will be the "worst" game in the series just makes you sound like a pretentious phoney. 

Edited by LFSwicked
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

If F1 2018 is the best Codies' game, then F1 2019 should automatically be better even though the patch list may be small as nothing was really broken or anything.

Also some kind of team is already working on F1 2020 according to one of the Birmingham Studio's management. 2 years effectively means that they have long terms plans that a few employees will start to work on before the other team.

Edited by UP100

It's amazing to see complaints about a game that hasn't even released in any form yet.

This game looks great, the addition of a feeder series is a huge leap imo. And whilst the abridged scenario f2 thing isn't ideal and should be a full season imo (which is available in other modes so I don't mind too much) the narrative thread will add a new fun element to what was a fairly sterile affair in 2018.

I'm looking forward to this game immensely, it looks great. I don't know how much improvement some people are looking for, but for me, this is a huge leap achieved through some relatively small, but important steps.

Good stuff.

• Agree 1