Class is in session

Happy Wednesday team! 

To get over the hump-day blues, let's chat car classes in GRID. Here's a reminder of the classes that all cars are split into: 

• Touring
  • Stock
  • Tuner
  • GT
  • Formula J
  • Prototype
  • Group 7 Specials

Which class are you most intrigued by? Which do you think you'll jump into first? 

Of course, we're still finalising and revealing some of the details for certain classes, and more news on the cars falling into each category is coming very soon. One often-asked question that I *can* answer is that Formula J will involve single-seater, open wheel cars 🙂 

So, at this early stage, which class is catching your eye the most?

• Thanks 1

Formula J is the most interesting to me as an open-wheel lover in most games. Now we'll have to just wait until we get to know what is it 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Really looking forward to the touring cars after seeing the screenshots of the VW Golf GTI TCR. Being a Scirocco R owner I’d absolutely love to see a Scirocco Cup race car added within this category too!👌🏻A question I’d also like to ask...With both the GT cars and LMP (Prototypes) in the game can we expect to see a LeMans race event like we did in the original grid ?

• Like 1

Touring cars. Best for close door2door Racing. Shame its probably going to be few cars in a class. Wish the choince was bigger. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Stock cars look very good. Especially the Ford Mustang Mark 1.

Also, I do like Pro trucks and Stock cars. (Think the Dodge Viper SRT 10 would be a stock muscle car? if yes, that would be very cool)

EDIT: I cannot wait to see the cars revealed. That way we (as a community) can judge a bit more on when should we get this game.

Edited by CordedQuill
Extra Hype.
  • Like 1

Touring cars. I hope there are at least 4 to 5 different cars in this class. Some modern and some old like Ford Mondeo Renault Laguna Nissan Primera. Would be great.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, UP100 said:

Formula J is the most interesting to me as an open-wheel lover in most games. Now we'll have to just wait until we get to know what is it 🙂 

Are you on Xbox? Could do with a decent racer friend for when F1 2019 launches...

39 minutes ago, SillySinStorm said:

Are you on Xbox? Could do with a decent racer friend for when F1 2019 launches...

Even though I like Xbox consoles more than the Playstation ones, I have never owned a single Xbox console 😕 

27 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Even though I like Xbox consoles more than the Playstation ones, I have never owned a single Xbox console 😕 

That's a shame as i'd have liked to have raced with you. Hope you enjoy the game on release.

Prototype

I love Le Mans Prototype old or new.

For example the Mazda787b or more recent the Toyota ts050 Hybrid.

A realistic sound and a management of the hybrid system by a boost would be TOP !

• Like 1

Group 7 specials is very interesting, intrigued to see what's it all about.

Posted (edited)

Alright, we have 12 cars confirmed from the recent Grid post on the Codemasters blog. LINK

They are as follows:

Auto Gallery Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) (Tuner)

Audi RS 3 LMS (Touring)

Chevrolet Camaro SSX Concept (Stock) [Ultimate Edition Exclusive]

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Modified (Stock)

Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (GT)

Dodge Challenger SRT Modified (Stock)

Ferrari 488 GTE (GT)

Ford Focus TC-2 (Touring)

Ford Mustang Mach 1 Modified (Stock)

Pontiac Firebird Modified (Stock) [Ultimate Edition Exclusive]

Porsche 911 RSR (GT)

Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR (Touring)

Edited by CordedQuill