F1 2019 career - nothing new

yeah but cool down lap is like formation lap.

an blisters were in f1 2011.

• Agree 2

Think with the codies games it might make sense to skip a game to really feel the sense of improvement. Whoever played 16 would have a decent step with 18, I guess 17 to 19 is a step all be it not that big in terms of career. 

Im going to wait for 2020 having a good time with 18 and nothing her makes me need 19. Graphics look decent.

I really hope they can get long run pace into career practices though annoys me that the race pace is low fuel be nice to compare long run pace with AI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

In terms of programming, those may not be easy. Depends completely on how the system is built. Red flag in itself would require new UI stuff and such as drivers should be able to repair the car and change tires and so on during it.

Very easy to implement, just restart the game with a grid equalling the current positions and subtract number of laps driven. Damage is repaired, you can change tires freely like everyone normally can when it rains and/or you're outside top 10. All functionality is already there!

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

I understand that people say: skip a game. But the codemasters marketing was that they spend 2 years in development of this game. So the outcome should have been like skipping a game.

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Agree 5

Posted (edited)

What a joke the main part of the game they didn't even bother.

So we get F2 with cringe 'drama' cutscenes and some online improvements (still won't stop the idiots ramming you in multiplayer tho)

oh and shiny shiny tyres and low rev sounding F1 cars. And as one reviewer has already claimed cars handle too easy on bumps now and AI is far too agrresive.

Knew this would be a disappointment when they claimed '2 years in development' 

Oh and as for the 'improved graphics' yeah night looks better but they have just ramped up the exposure for daylight making it blinding at a lot of corners and creating even more of that famous codemasters 'grey mist' around the track.

And even the crash helmets are the same as last year.... with an addition of 5 premium pay helmets  (one of which is Senna which you could always make in the last game with the generic helmet but that ones been removed and added in to the paywall *cough*)

Edited by Jajb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is nothing new to online/league/esports players. We experienced this exact same thing from (~F1 2015) F1 2016 to F1 2018. Barely any talks or gameplay during gameplay-interviews at E3 and other presentations. 98% of topics were career mode and in the end, just like this year with the career mode, online was released with hardly any additions/improvements.

Please do not blame the online mode or us online/league/esports players for this. We absolutely understand your frustration and anger as we have been experiencing the exact same thing for years. I personally want everyone to be happy with the game. Even if it might not be really possible, a developer should still try. That is why you should rather blame the developers/publishers for the lack of content in career.

It is a shame what CM does, neglecting one aspect of the game for another, but they have been doing it for years now. I personally expected more content for both online and offline gameplay after 2 years of development (if that is even the truth and not simple PR talk).

Here is a list of what I have seen that each aspect of the game got this year (please correct me if I am wrong or something is missing):

Career:

• x3 short F2 2018 car races with a couple of unique cutscenes & interviews
  • Driver Academy

Online:

• League Mode (a really major addition with in-depth features, a multiplayer career mode if you will, only thing it is lacking is R&D)
  • Multiplayer Car (also a major addition with all the exclusive customisation that comes with it)

General:

• Gloves & Suit customisation
  • Really strong AI (both pace and when fighting)
  • Menu design overhaul
  • HUD resizing and placement (PC-only)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

I understand that people say: skip a game. But the codemasters marketing was that they spend 2 years in development of this game. So the outcome should have been like skipping a game.

Codies themselves have said that skipping a game is not optimal and such in their investors related stuff.

Also no, a small team may have worked for two years. Like how F1 2020 is already in development.

Um they gota be kiding right ? They did not change anything on R&D tree like ferrari is clearly not the best and Alfa is not that slow ...

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, MrGhostO1O said:

Online:

• League Mode (a really major addition with in-depth features, a multiplayer career mode if you will, only thing it is lacking is R&D)

Cannot mix in a standard AI field with a human league only AI 'replacements' if someone can't make it 

• Multiplayer Car (also a major addition with all the exclusive customisation that comes with it)

The multiplayer custom car cannot race against official F1 team cars online! WTH or even be used in private offline mode

General:

• Really strong AI (both pace and when fighting)

According to early users far too aggressive 

• HUD resizing and placement (PC-only)

Sucks to be on console 

Edited by Jajb
  • Thanks 1

Think for the F2 to have been worth it for career you should have atleast had to do a season theres going to be no sense of acomplishment really getting an F1 drive its not even 3 full races is it just bits and bobs of challenges.

The fake names are all well and good so maybe all F2 could be faked to allow more transfers in the future it would be nice to see the actual F2 drivers able to break into F1 but if this cant be they now have a way it can be done.

8 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

Think for the F2 to have been worth it for career you should have atleast had to do a season theres going to be no sense of acomplishment really getting an F1 drive its not even 3 full races is it just bits and bobs of challenges.

The fake names are all well and good so maybe all F2 could be faked to allow more transfers in the future it would be nice to see the actual F2 drivers able to break into F1 but if this cant be they now have a way it can be done.

The following screenshot is from the article "SENNA & PROST RENEW THEIR RIVALRY IN F1® 2019 – Legends Edition, F2™ Confirmed, Cover Art & More" by Jenny from the 26th of April 2019 on Codemaster's Blog:

lies.JPG.03eec89b77d2241a8dea354bb643ccdf.JPG

Is it just me or have we been lied to?

A season means the whole calender, its own cutscenes, etc. like the F1 career mode, right?

If they really meant only the cars and drivers then they would have said "(...)full 2018 grid(...)", or am I wrong?

From what I have seen in the video below, you only have 3 shortened races. There is no "WORK IN PROGRESS" at the top of the screen so I assume that is the final build?

3 minutes ago, MrGhostO1O said:

The following screenshot is from the article "SENNA & PROST RENEW THEIR RIVALRY IN F1® 2019 – Legends Edition, F2™ Confirmed, Cover Art & More" by Jenny from the 26th of April 2019 on Codemaster's Blog:

A season means the whole calender, its own cutscenes, etc. like the F1 career mode, right?

If they really meant only the cars and drivers then they would have said "(...)full 2018 grid(...)", or am I wrong?

From what I have seen in the video below, you only have 3 shortened races. There is no "WORK IN PROGRESS" at the top of the screen so I assume that is the final build?

You can drive a full F2 season in championship mode so no lies. Also: if you really want to experience that full F2 season first you can also just drive the full F2 season in championship mode and simulate the races which you do in career to kinda get that whole experience. Of course it ain't the same but you know...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koekenbakker28 said:

You can drive a full F2 season in championship mode so no lies. Also: if you really want to experience that full F2 season first you can also just drive the full F2 season in championship mode and simulate the races which you do in career to kinda get that whole experience. Of course it ain't the same but you know...

Still a little deceptive to call it a whole season as if meaning the whole career mode instead of just saying "whole grid". All of the tracks of F2 are in F1 anyway so why call it a whole season if it has no complete career progression like F1?

• Like 2

Just now, MrGhostO1O said:

Still a little deceptive to call it a whole season as if meaning the whole career mode instead of just saying "whole grid". All of the tracks of F2 are in F1 anyway so why call it a whole season if it has no complete career progression like F1?

They would have said whole career otherwise... Also I don't see what is the point of a career in F2 since you can't update the cars, they're all the same so the added benefit of career is only that you get to drive your own avatar.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MrGhostO1O said:

"F1® 2019 – Your Frequently Asked Questions" by Jenny on the 12th of June 2019 on Codemasters' Blog:

lies2.JPG.715b4522ba903ca7e507bcb1a91b89d8.JPG

Generally I'd say: make it fun for yourself and create your own little story. I recently started a 2014 season in F1 2015 with Max Chilton cause I can't create my own avatar. I'll use http://www.f1career.com/ to jump to next seasons and get contracts. Be creative!

• Thanks 1

"seperate to career mode," Well yeah that basically confrims it. So we were not really lied to. Still confusing wording.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The problem is, it is not "full F2 season" if there are not all the tracks. That's what they "lie" about. It's just racing in F2 car on some tracks which are part of the championship and on some which are not.

IMO it is confusing and misleading marketing words edging with lie.

edit: Sorry, my bad, I thought there are other tracks as were in previous years.

Edited by SmiX
I was wrong

6 hours ago, UP100 said:

Every year the same happens. People complain if there is no new content, but if there is content, people will complain that the developers shouldn't add more content without fixing bugs first...

Yeah seems a lose lose situation either way people complain there's no new content because they choose to work on making the game more polished. And when there is plenty of new stuff people complain still because it's broken. Makes me wonder why anyone ever bothers to try anymore. I suspect those 2 years were spent just making sure this game runs much smoother than the previous ones. Rather than rty to add a ;lot of new things because when they try to add something new people are always complaining it's broken which was why they chose this approach in add one new feature in F2 and be done with it and concentrate on fixing the issues that existed from the previous games. Atm the only CM game I have my eye on is the new Grid and whilst I'm not ruling getting 2019 at some point it's unlikely to be a launch purchase this time simply because my hands are full with other things atm. Besides by choosing to wait I can pick it up cheaper therefore save myself some money when I do decide to get it.

4 hours ago, martbloke said:

That's true they did need an update but that was a major focus point and so therefore there was less resource to add to the career. The HUD I agree is not the best version but it's not the official HUD. The official HUD would be infinitely better! 😉😂

I'll tell you how it went. Lee looked at the demand for Broadcast style HUD and said "we need the worst designer ever. Someone who can design ugly HUD's". they had to fire him because it was nog ugly enough. then they copied the broadcast style and Lee was still not satisfied. It should be even uglier otherwise the fans will complain again and they recruited 200 people to make the ugliest HUD of all times and it took 2 years. :classic_cool:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, SmiX said:

The problem is, it is not "full F2 season" if there are not all the tracks. That's what they "lie" about. It's just racing in F2 car on some tracks which are part of the championship and on some which are not.

In championship mode you can drive a full season with all tracks in F2 2018 season:
April 6-8: Sakhir
April 27-29: Baku
May 11-13: Barcelona
May 24-26: Monaco
June 22-24: Paul Ricard
June 29-July 1: Red Bull Ring
July 6-8: Silverstone
July 27-29: Hungaroring
August 24-26: Spa
August 31-September 2: Monza
September 28-30: Sochi
November 23-25: Yas Marina

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SmiX said:

You can do a full F2 season on all official F2 tracks, with F2 regulations. Additionally, you can do single events on all other tracks as well.

• Like 1

@Koekenbakker28 Thanks! My bad. I've thought there are other tracks as were before, probably confused with F3 and recent years.

12 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

So you're blaming Codies for the fact that you can't read?

What does my ability to read have to do with codies saying something inaccurately one day and then explaining it accurately the next week?

If I was not able to read I would not post the screenshot proving that I myself made a mistake/misunderstood the wording.