F1 2019 career - nothing new

So AI driver transfers in career are actually a thing.. I guess that's a bigger feature than anyone could have hoped for! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Baki2 said:

Well this is interesting indeedy and if it is right about any driver changing teams, I like....a lot!!!

What baffles me is...why have Codies never said anything?? This would be huge news for single players.

Edited by martbloke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, martbloke said:

Well this is interesting indeedy and if it is right about any driver changing teams, I like....a lot!!!

What baffles me is...why have Codies never said anything?? This would be huge news for single players.

Indeed, it's a big "undercover" announcement.

Surprise effect is always the best for marketing imo.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Dropping the hype bomb at the last minute? Not bad marketing I'd say 😉 I wasnt feeling that much for this game besides F2, but now I'm looking forward to career as well 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

so that's where the "open career" screenshot comes from. Guess the screenshots we saw were real after all. Why didn't they make it in the game however?

Really big news is better pitstop strategy.

How often you see a pitstop and you are dropping massive places or you're teammate. That would be news.

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, sanderu1983 said:

Really big news is better pitstop strategy.

How often you see a pitstop and you are dropping massive places or you're teammate. That would be news.

Spoiled people that are never satisfied alert. 

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Koekenbakker28 said:

Spoiled people that are never satisfied alert. 

For real? Spoiled? Do you know how F1 works? How often do you see this kind of pitstops in real? Except with yellow flags.

Pitstops are very good tactic only not in this game. So that is not spoiled but disappointing!

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Jajb said:

Yeah an AI name tag can change in a team, honestly can't believe how easy pleased people are in handing over cash.

You must be so much fun at parties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Jajb said:

French GP FP1 is on tv right now, simply looking at that and comparing it to the game right now, they didn't even get the tyres right or even the pit entry location, let alone add any decent new F1 features. 

My thought and prayers are with you in this difficult time.

• Like 2

Just now, Andrew210227 said:

My thought and prayers are with you in this difficult time.

I'd like to say that these versions are PRE release versions, what if there's a day 1 patch which has the new pit entry?

day 1 patches sometimes change a lot compared to pre release versions.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Jajb said:

2 years in development for an F2 mode, some night lighting improvement and AI name text tags that change

French GP FP1 is on tv right now, simply looking at that and comparing it to the game right now, they didn't even get the tyres right or even the pit entry location, let alone add any decent new F1 features. 

People like you far too easily pleased and on the hype train are why they take the easy route.

You might be right as it is enough change for me to pre-order. I would liked to have seen much more changes but at least it warrants something new that we never had in career. The F2 intro is nice but it's only the start of the game but this makes changes over longer gameplay possible and that's enough change for me to buy the game.

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Agree 1

😮

Driver Transfers! Why didn't they say so? That's a huge thing for career players!

Edited by CompLex1986

I don't know how some people aren't pleased. We have a F1 game released even before mid season, with all the cars and tracks beautifully recreated. New lighting system, improved handling, career mode changes, F2 2018/19 content, more classic cars, better multiplayer customisation and yet people still want more. 

Career mode has been improving each year since 2016, the career mode before 2015 was so boring, now we actually have something to put our time in. Handling has also improved, tyres have improved, graphics have improved, we've had ERS implemented, so much more compared to what we had when F1 2015 released, its been going to strength and strength each year, and I'm sure F1 2020 will be even better than F1 2019. Codemasters have really got their recipe right since F1 2016 IMO what they did with that has helped shape their future of F1 games for the next few years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jajb said:

Yeah an AI name tag can change in a team, honestly can't believe how easy pleased people are in handing over cash.

If you win 1 000 000$ do you say that its only a number on the bank account?

Edited by Gragooni

56 minutes ago, Jajb said:

People already playing the full game with a 12gb patch on youtube right now, looks identical to pre release footage. 

Observations so far from 2 different players. Issues:

• silly tyre shine still there
  • engine high rev sound too low
  • AI insanely aggressive at ramming compared to 2018
  • daylight at quite a few tracks creating blinding light over exposed corners
  • AI still does not have any different pit strategy too easy to beat in pitstop 
  •  No mode to 'equal' cars in offline mode 
  • still have to use a Mercedes in time trial to set a time as cars are not equal in that mode
  • New custom car cannot be used against official team cars

New Features

• F2
  • Driver name change
  • Night lighting looks good
  • League Mode (limited AI usage here)
  • Custom Online Car
  • ...Thats it.

I have a feeling that even if they did fix all those things you listed that you somehow wouldn't be happy lol

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, djrabes said:

I don't know how some people aren't pleased. We have a F1 game released even before mid season, with all the cars and tracks beautifully recreated. New lighting system, improved handling, career mode changes, F2 2018/19 content, more classic cars, better multiplayer customisation and yet people still want more. 

Career mode has been improving each year since 2016, the career mode before 2015 was so boring, now we actually have something to put our time in. Handling has also improved, tyres have improved, graphics have improved, we've had ERS implemented, so much more compared to what we had when F1 2015 released, its been going to strength and strength each year, and I'm sure F1 2020 will be even better than F1 2019. Codemasters have really got their recipe right since F1 2016 IMO what they did with that has helped shape their future of F1 games for the next few years. 

Exactly the point I was making on the first page of this thread! Same people moaning about driver transfers not being a thing are now moaning its still not good enough despite the news it’s been implemented into F1 2019. These people will never be content no matter what you do!😂

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, Gragooni said:

If you win 1 000 000$ do you say that its only a number on the bank account?

Ha Ha Ha Excellent ! 😂

27 minutes ago, dogryan100 said:

I have a feeling that even if they did fix all those things you listed that you somehow wouldn't be happy lol

That is called being a critic as there is always room for improvement.

The addition of many features this year is a massive plus, but they could be better, there's no doubt about it.

If we are totally honest, CM still have a long way to go, if the goal is to create the "Ultimate Formula Racing Game".

Just look at WoT, if you want to know what happens if criticism is being silenced and or bullied away from discourse, chaos, low quality product, a circlejerk for fanboys who defend their favorite game from everything instead of trying to achieve higher quality output by calling out the mistakes of the game.

We only need a civil discourse and people who truly want the game to be better.

Credits are due where credits are deserved, and not all criticism is in a hateful tone.

As the saying goes: "Don't buy it, if you don't like it", there should equally be one for "Don't Shill, if you don't like criticism".

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

That is called being a critic as there is always room for improvement.

The addition of many features this year is a massive plus, but they could be better, there's no doubt about it.

If we are totally honest, CM still have a long way to go, if the goal is to create the "Ultimate Formula Racing Game".

Just look at WoT, if you want to know what happens if criticism is being silenced and or bullied away from discourse, chaos, low quality product, a circlejerk for fanboys who defend their favorite game from everything instead of trying to achieve higher quality output by calling out the mistakes of the game.

We only need a civil discourse and people who truly want the game to be better.

Credits are due where credits are deserved, and not all criticism is in a hateful tone.

As the saying goes: "Don't buy it, if you don't like it", there should equally be one for "Don't Shill, if you don't like criticism".

The best part about this is that you’re criticising a game you haven’t even played yet! A game that hasn’t even been released yet in fact. We all want the game to be the ‘ultimate’ F1 game but some of us have the patience and respect the fact that it’s a process as stuff falls into place each year..not something that happens immediately. This is why people tell people like yourself to skip 1,2,3 games because then you’ll see an immediate difference from one game to the next rather than having to see the game grow in smaller increments yearly.

Edited by etgsciroccor

13 minutes ago, etgsciroccor said:

The best part about this is that you’re criticising a game you haven’t even played yet! A game that hasn’t even been released yet in fact. We all want the game to be the ‘ultimate’ F1 game but some of us have the patience and respect the fact that it’s a process as stuff falls into place each year..not something that happens immediately. This is why people tell people like yourself to skip 1,2,3 games because then you’ll see an immediate difference from one game to the next rather than having to see the game grow in smaller increments yearly.

The bottom line is that the market is too small for the game they want. And you need money to build a game so...

I'm a software developer myself and we always make conscious choices of what to implement and what not. What gives the user the most value for the next iteration. People who're not in software don't understand and expect a 100% finished product for a **** price

Edited by Koekenbakker28
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Koekenbakker28 said:

The bottom line is that the market is too small for the game you want. And you need money to build a game so...

I'm a software developer myself and we always make conscious choices of what to implement and what not. What gives the user the most value for the next iteration. People who're not in software don't understand and expect a 100% finished product for a **** price

Amen. People need to start realising the work that goes into these sort of projects. These people are the same ones who believe Rome was built in a day !

4 hours ago, martbloke said:

Yeah I heard that you Weber and Butler can move from team to team throughout career but I didn't think any of the registered F1 drivers could so if that is true then that's a big step.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Yeah I heard that you Weber and Butler can move from team to team throughout career but I didn't think any of the registered F1 drivers could so if that is true then that's a big step.

It's definitely true, it's been confirmed by Lee Mather and there's already some screenshots of drivers at different teams.

• Like 1