DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

F1 2019 career - nothing new

I just watched F1 2019 live stream career mode... After F2 prologue, F1 carerre looks absolutely this same like 2018, cutscene, motorhome, menu, even R&d trees.... I'm totally disappointed

Edited by TomskiPl
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

Well, what a bad joke. 2 years for this. I don‘t know if I should laugh or cry... Pants are dropped now, yup that‘s what we get guys... Exactly the same thing like last year

Edited by AllenB2609
  • Agree 7

Just now, IvanoZ023 said:

60 € And what have you got? Exactly the same game as last year. Nothing new. And most sorry without any communication with customers. Buy the game and here's your leg in the ass.

• Agree 1

They made new content, you just don’t like it. 

Also “two years in development” doesn’t mean **** if you don’t know the resources allocated to those two years.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

I blame the TV Broadcaststyle fanboys! Now we got the same game with an ugly HUD. I hope they are satisfied.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 6

This is what I feared a recycled f1 18 with fake driver cut scenes. A stop gap til f2 is really in te mix next year perhaps. Going to save my money this year.

• Agree 4

45 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

I blame the TV Broadcaststyle fanboys! Now we got the same game with an ugly HUD. I hope they are satisfied.

HUD looks same as last year. Only font was changed. Nothing new. It‘s still the same style...

• Agree 1

I think that this game is an step in the right direction but clearly it isn't the revolution we were waiting for when they told us they worked for 2 years and that it was the most ambitious game they've done. They didn't made a bigger progress than in previous editions even if they had the double of time. Hype is gone. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Think you'll find MP has taken the most focus this year which is why Career has hardly been touched. Blame eSports and leagues 👍😂

Edited by martbloke
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

i've seen all the streaming (being italian i also discussed with them).

1. so, f2 last 20 mins, no matter what you do or results are, you can choose every team in f1.
  2. career is totally equal to 2018, scenes, paddock and others
  3. r&d tree, contracts are equal, as well the r6d programs
  4. handling seems better/different (especially on curbs they said the car is smoother)
  5. honestly graphics is stunning
  6. you can modify the difficulty in every session (i remember than in 2018 you cannot at start as a bug)
  7. AI drivers are VERY aggressive, maybe too much
  8. f2 cars are very hard to handle and quite tiresome, but honestly, in the end, the careeer start is quite a joke, mostly for my 1' point above

i played 5 seasons in f1 17 and skipped at all 2018.

i think i'll upgrade to 19, just to move on and have some news, but who moves from 18, will find more or less exactly the same things.

hope to be useful to someone...and cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Every year the same happens. People complain if there is no new content, but if there is content, people will complain that the developers shouldn't add more content without fixing bugs first...

• Agree 7

26 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Think you'll find MP has taken the most focus this year which is why Career has hardly been touched. Blame eSports and leagues 👍😂

No I don't blame eSports en Leagues. They deserved an update. what we did not need was the ugly HUD :classic_tongue:

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

People moaning about this game need to give it a rest. Some people will always find something to pick at no matter if something was absolutely flawless. The game is released yearly and improved on year by year, if you want to see drastic changes maybe skip every other game - no one is forcing you to buy it. The game is again another step up in the right direction and slowly everything is all coming together ready for an experience that is ‘the complete package’ come next gen. Yes the career might not be drastically changed from 2018, but the inclusion of the storyline and the F2 feeder series eases the game in the right direction once again. Multiplayer looks as if it’s been completely overhauled and it’s made me look forward to this aspect of the game, when normally I’ve solely just indulged in single player modes. Again graphics look considerably better and you only have to look at Bahrain/Singapore gameplay to see what an improvement it is. I agree with the next person the sounds of the cars could still be improved so they sound like they’re revving much harder and the inclusion of the official hud would also be welcome.. However look at FIFA for instance the career mode/online etc has been the same for years now with very little changes. At least Codies have made big enough changes so it does feel fresh from year to year 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

55 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

No I don't blame eSports en Leagues. They deserved an update. what we did not need was the ugly HUD :classic_tongue:

That's true they did need an update but that was a major focus point and so therefore there was less resource to add to the career. The HUD I agree is not the best version but it's not the official HUD. The official HUD would be infinitely better! 😉😂

• Agree 4

5 minutes ago, etgsciroccor said:

People moaning about this game need to give it a rest. Some people will always find something to pick at no matter if something was absolutely flawless. The game is released yearly and improved on year by year, if you want to see drastic changes maybe skip every other game - no one is forcing you to buy it. The game is again another step up in the right direction and slowly everything is all coming together ready for an experience that is ‘the complete package’ come next gen. Yes the career might not be drastically changed from 2018, but the inclusion of the storyline and the F2 feeder series eases the game in the right direction once again. Multiplayer looks as if it’s been completely overhauled and it’s made me look forward to this aspect of the game, when normally I’ve solely just indulged in single player modes. Again graphics look considerably better and you only have to look at Bahrain/Singapore gameplay to see what an improvement it is. I agree with the next person the sounds of the cars could still be improved so they sound like they’re revving much harder and the inclusion of the official hud would also be welcome.. However look at FIFA for instance the career mode/online etc has been the same for years now with very little changes. At least Codies have made big enough changes so it does feel fresh from year to year 

Amen

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

i think they have to make a patch with some little new features (blisters, cool down lap, red flag)

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, gabsn123 said:

i think they have to make a patch with some little new features (blisters, cool down lap, red flag)

In terms of programming, those may not be easy. Depends completely on how the system is built. Red flag in itself would require new UI stuff and such as drivers should be able to repair the car and change tires and so on during it.

• Haha 1