Sign in to follow this  

Career images

2 month ago Codemasters released some new images about new paddock areas, but from the new videos from today, there areas are not there, were that fake images?

If you are talking about these images, I think they are fake. I don't remember codemasters ever officially releasing these photos, they just popped up out of nowhere.

cr.JPG

oc.JPG

pc.JPG

They definitely got people’s hopes up a bit for more of an open world paddock to the career mode. They could be genuine but might not have made the cut and could make their way into later games? 

• Agree 2

False advertising same as claiming they have added the official broadcast style (which they haven‘t). It‘s the same **** with only three drivers shown and a bad and lackluster imitation overall. Nothing like the real HUD, not even the post race screen features the official graphics. 

For career mode - it‘s just ridiculous.

• Agree 1

I remember posting a comment on Tom97HD's video where he shared those pictures, asking if they were actually official. He was confirmed by some Codies' members. So... There's that. It doesn't confirm they were intended to be in the game but... 

Evidently a lot of you haven't seen the career mode footage that has been doing the rounds on youtube from E3. There are changes, as evidenced by the new interview area and the part where you are in the paddock for F2 with your team mate and rival

Evidently you haven't seen the footage from people that got their hands on the final version early. The F1 part of the career has almost no changes except for that ugly HUD

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I have no idea what you people were expecting, but this isn't the sims in case you weren't aware. The focus is going to be around racing, not around 'lets run around in open world'. 

From the videos that have been release so far, there has been many improvements. Lighting, track atmosphere. the look of the cars, the water beading on the camera like it would in real life. Based on the fact that we have only seen ONE career mode video, I think you are all being over dramatic. Career mode now has a reasonable story line to it as a build up before you make it into F1, the paddock has been improved, with,  as I said the team tent where you and your rivals talk. The media zone has changed to an actual designated media area instead of just throwing you in next to a trailer, questions seem to be different. To suggest that there has been no changes to career mode is an utterly ridiculous statement when all you have seen is 15 minutes of career gameplay. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

54 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Evidently you haven't seen the footage from people that got their hands on the final version early. The F1 part of the career has almost no changes except for that ugly HUD

I reckon all those video stuff is only "special" event interviews and such so you'll only see those areas once.

59 minutes ago, mceci1 said:

I have no idea what you people were expecting, but this isn't the sims in case you weren't aware. The focus is going to be around racing, not around 'lets run around in open world'. 

From the videos that have been release so far, there has been many improvements. Lighting, track atmosphere. the look of the cars, the water beading on the camera like it would in real life. Based on the fact that we have only seen ONE career mode video, I think you are all being over dramatic. Career mode now has a reasonable story line to it as a build up before you make it into F1, the paddock has been improved, with,  as I said the team tent where you and your rivals talk. The media zone has changed to an actual designated media area instead of just throwing you in next to a trailer, questions seem to be different. To suggest that there has been no changes to career mode is an utterly ridiculous statement when all you have seen is 15 minutes of career gameplay. 

Clearly you have only seen ONE career video. The F2 part you mention is only the first 20 minutes of the game and then we get F1 2018 with some window dressing

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, mceci1 said:

Evidently a lot of you haven't seen the career mode footage that has been doing the rounds on youtube from E3. There are changes, as evidenced by the new interview area and the part where you are in the paddock for F2 with your team mate and rival

Yeah I saw these areas, but the photos which @SoluxFin posted here from Tom97HD videos, seems not to be in the game

3 hours ago, mceci1 said:

Spot on! As you say this is a racing game, too many people on here treating it like an F1 driver life simulator that has to be 1:1 accurate to real life. Next people will be asking for control of the driver going for a s**t before the race! 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

17 hours ago, stephensmattlee said:

They definitely got people’s hopes up a bit for more of an open world paddock to the career mode. They could be genuine but might not have made the cut and could make their way into later games? 

Why would you want CM to invest resources into an open world paddock? I don’t really see how that adds anything to the game really.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Why would you want CM to invest resources into an open world paddock? I don’t really see how that adds anything to the game really.

I didn’t say I wanted an open world paddock. I just said it could be easy for someone to misinterpret that was what they were going for with the “open career” screenshot and the pics of other areas. 

I agree. I don’t think an open world paddock is needed at all. But it could definitely do with more scenarios and cutscenes between races and in particularly between seasons as it just feels you’re repeating the same one over and over with no variety. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Well it's not a bad idea if executed well. Walking around in a real life F1 environment is probably not a good idea although if you played Spiderman you will know how fun it is to walk amongst people that admire you and react to that well it would be nice but indeed a bit over the top and that gimmick would wear of soon.

But when I look at the images I see possibilities. We had a camper, we had the hospitalities, we have the technical center, why not make them all accessible? I would like to walk in the garage, use the PC's and when I want to get into the car I go get my helmet, an animation starts and I'm into the car and the session begins.   Close your eyes and imagine it :classic_cool: 

Why not have multiple spots where you can use the PC between sessions?  ... It add's atmosphere and I would not complain they add resources to that. Would have been well spent instead of spending it to that awful HUD. 😤

• Agree 1

Embargo for review lift tomorrow, i'm quite intresting what we will see.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TomskiPl said:

Embargo for review lift tomorrow, i'm quite intresting what we will see.

Tomorrow 11pm UK time or something like that right?

edit: turns out to be 9am BST, 10 am CEST.

Edited by thombrouwer90
Info from Lee Mather’s twitter.

Posted (edited)

(Just a supposition) they might have done it, already made up some image but they probably run out of time finishing it, and since their ego engine is buggy as hell, got a lot of problems including it in the career mode, (or whatever mode) and just prefered to keep it for the next f1 game (since people LIKE to complain at everything, they prefered to not include buggy stuff and keep it for f1 2020). Just look at cars modelling, like half the cars of the grid weren't even finished 2 weeks before the release... and those render looks too real to be made up by a random guy on the internet... 

so yeah i won't be surprised if "open career" will be the « BIG FEATURE » of f1 2020...

Edited by BULLDOZOR