F1 2019 Career Mode Teammates

From what I've seen there is still no way of choosing your teammate and selecting an F1 Team for Career Mode, instead it depends on the 1st/2nd driver role which sucks. Like if I want to be 1st driver at Mercedes I replace Hamilton? Surely we should get a little freedom there. Especially as I want to start with Toro Rosso and Albon, but that means asking for 1st driver...at my first F1 Team....

Unless I'm wrong of course and have missed the option to choose it! But I don't think I have...

• Agree 3

As far I have seen from f2 you don’t have the choice. Guys jumped in Alfa and automatically they kept Kimi

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ZirconAres said:

From what I've seen there is still no way of choosing your teammate and selecting an F1 Team for Career Mode, instead it depends on the 1st/2nd driver role which sucks. Like if I want to be 1st driver at Mercedes I replace Hamilton? Surely we should get a little freedom there. Especially as I want to start with Toro Rosso and Albon, but that means asking for 1st driver...at my first F1 Team....

Unless I'm wrong of course and have missed the option to choose it! But I don't think I have...

Last year it was possible to choose your teammate when starting a career only (not when you switched teams later on). I know you can skip the whole F2/storyline thing this year so perhaps you can select Albon as your teammate that way.

• Agree 2

Yeah this sucks a bit, I'm also worried about transfers later on, i.e. I would want to replace Vettel not Leclerc at Ferrari etc.. They should just clarify which driver will you replace when you ask for the contract so at least you know what will happen.

• Agree 3

43 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Last year it was possible to choose your teammate when starting a career only (not when you switched teams later on). I know you can skip the whole F2/storyline thing this year so perhaps you can select Albon as your teammate that way.

Yeah I know you could at the start last year, but this year you select your F1 team like we did last year, when we moved teams. Its a contract, rather than...*select Toro Rosso* ... *choose Albon*

• Thanks 1

TBH I doubt many drivers get a say in who their teammate is anyway so it's not really an issue for me because at the end we are a driver we don' t run the team we only drive the car.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ZirconAres said:

Yeah I know you could at the start last year, but this year you select your F1 team like we did last year, when we moved teams. Its a contract, rather than...*select Toro Rosso* ... *choose Albon*

Ah I missed that, well that sucks. Is that also the case if you skip the scenario mode?

4 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Ah I missed that, well that sucks. Is that also the case if you skip the scenario mode?

No idea. Everyone I've seen has played through the feeder series. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZirconAres said:

No idea. Everyone I've seen has played through the feeder series. 

They've already said that you can skip the feeder series if you want to.

2 hours ago, dogryan100 said:

They've already said that you can skip the feeder series if you want to.

Yeah I think I spotted the option at the bottom of the screen when the career mode boots up to skip the F2 section if you wish.

After watching the gameplay, I see that we can get a contract offer as a second driver and also the first driver. Can we influence what contract we get?