Jump to content
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inter-team Driver Transfers CONFIRMED for F1 2019!

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Jajb said:

I doubt Hamilton who's major sponsor is Monster Energy will be allowed to drive for Red Bull even with sponsors removed, simply having his name on the leaderboard "Lewis Hamilton RED BULL Racing" would not be OK with the sponsor 

I'm fairly sure they've actually managed to get the green light on doing this, hence people's enthusiasm. They wouldn't advertise  "full driver transfers" if that wouldn't happen. But if you're willing to bet, PM me and we can make a deal 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a huge thing for career players! It should be put in the description of the Steam store: "NEW TO F1 2019: DRIVER TRANSFERS!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I wonder about mid season changes is like will it be announced somewhere in game or do they just switch and suddenly you get a grid that's totally changed and nobody told you anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BelgiumDude said:

What I wonder about mid season changes is like will it be announced somewhere in game or do they just switch and suddenly you get a grid that's totally changed and nobody told you anything?

Was thinking the same thing, but I hope/assume the mid season transfers will be very rare (and not more than 1 driver when it does happen.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Reddit:

 

Quote

Transfers occur at the end of each season, and affect a limited number of drivers each time. A transfer can also occur partway through a season - but this doesn't always happen, and when it does it affects no more than a single driver (plus any change to fill the gap in old team).

https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/c38so0/driver_transfer_concerns/erpdzfc/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine the angry reactions if transfers were only a glitch and Codies remove it with a patch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gragooni said:

Imagine the angry reactions if transfers were only a glitch and Codies remove it with a patch

It was announced by Lee, so that can't be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, SoluxFin said:

I have no problem with having Hamilton and Vettel in one team if this move happened offseason.

But I really doubt Vettel would like to move from a winning Ferrari to Mercedes midseason, for multiple reasons. Firstly, why he should leave the team while it is winning and risk loosing champion title while has a team build around him? Also it is a rival team, not a team from the "same team family" or "alliance" - so drivers/teams have some contracts which they have to be paid off to become free to leave. I hope they implement midseason transfers "only" for the teams from the same "alliance" or minimalise it to level, where looks realistic. And I believe they can make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mceci1 said:

This is why we haven't heard anything about career mode. It seemed so unrealistic that when I heard it I actually questioned how true it is, given the whole sponsor thing. I find it crazy that Monster has potentially allowed Lewis' character to go to Red Bull. Surely there has to be a clause in regard to that

Yeah I questioned it at first when I saw it. While my position hasn't changed because as I said I still have careers on the go I want to finish but it has made it more appealing and I'm more likely to get it now but atm I'm still too busy with other stuff. I knew the player, Butler and Weber can move from team to team as that was stated very early on but the rest of the grid was still questionable seeing  as everyone else are officially licensed drivers. That's either some smooth talking CM have managed to pull off there or Liberty media has really eased up  on the reins compared with Bernie. Either way it's a welcome change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoluxFin said:

Well that's kind of believeable given Vettel is German. I could see him going to Merc though I'm not sure he'd want to go while Lewis is there though given their rivalry. After all Schumacher ended up at Mercedes in the end despite working for a long time with Ferrari. Going to be interesting either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mceci1 said:

This is why we haven't heard anything about career mode. It seemed so unrealistic that when I heard it I actually questioned how true it is, given the whole sponsor thing. I find it crazy that Monster has potentially allowed Lewis' character to go to Red Bull. Surely there has to be a clause in regard to that

I think his sponsors would recognise this as just a game and would treat it as such. As long as things don't get too out of order I don' t think they'll have a problem. After all it's obvious Liberty Media have given CM the green light to do this so if anyone has any problems it'll be LM that will be in the fire first for giving that green light so CM at least have a bit of a safety net there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if when we get the 2019 F2 season added post launch those drivers could somehow come into career. Be great to see a retiring Vettel replaced by Mick Schumacher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Well I'm curious how this is going to work out. I hope there is some smart implementation where you will not see Vettel or Hamilton move to Toro Rosso as it does not make sense. I guess we gonna see some very  funny transfers.

That may depend on how well or badly he does in your career as I think it's based on how they perform in your respective career so could be completely random just like the rule change system that was brought in last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ideally the backbench teams become feeder teams for F2 AI of both 2018 and 2019 driver pool during the multiple seasons. Add on top of that a retirement age for all AI, that would be the ideal scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

I hope the F2 drivers promote into career as well eventually. 

I'm not sure they'll take it that far yet especially as the features just been introduced they may enhance it later based on performance and how it's received by gamers as they play. They may add bits like that for 2020 and beyond though. They'd be best to keep it simple to begin with given it is a new feature for the F1 games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Qoute from https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/esports/crofty-my-children-fast-forward-my-commentary-f1-games

 

"As for Formula 2, world feed commentators Alex Jacques and Davide Valsecchi will provide their voices in-game. More details of the F2 career mode have been announced, including the chance for F2 drivers to be drafted into driver academies (such as Red Bull’s) to gear them up for their F1 career.

Transfers will be included in the game, with young drivers replacing retirees – both postseason and during the season."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, adamw83 said:

Qoute from https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/esports/crofty-my-children-fast-forward-my-commentary-f1-games

 

"As for Formula 2, world feed commentators Alex Jacques and Davide Valsecchi will provide their voices in-game. More details of the F2 career mode have been announced, including the chance for F2 drivers to be drafted into driver academies (such as Red Bull’s) to gear them up for their F1 career.

Transfers will be included in the game, with young drivers replacing retirees – both postseason and during the season."

That's great news! Looking forward to seeing what the grid will look like after multiple seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 11:20 AM, BelgiumDude said:

Well I'm curious how this is going to work out. I hope there is some smart implementation where you will not see Vettel or Hamilton move to Toro Rosso as it does not make sense. I guess we gonna see some very  funny transfers.

Why does everything need to be exactly as you'd expect? (a) it's a game and (b) I am sure you expect different things to me so it's impossible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rinehart27 said:

Why does everything need to be exactly as you'd expect? (a) it's a game and (b) I am sure you expect different things to me so it's impossible. 

Nothing is exactly as I want it to be. I just wonder how things work; try it sometimes, using your brain is a nice exercise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for all the ones who play it already, this is confirmed and works yes? any crazy transfers seen so far? maybe someone skipped through a season already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think they need to patch out AI mid season moves, the odd lower/red bull ones happen but vettel and hamilton switching really? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×