Inter-team Driver Transfers CONFIRMED for F1 2019!

37 minutes ago, adamw83 said:

Qoute from https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/esports/crofty-my-children-fast-forward-my-commentary-f1-games

"As for Formula 2, world feed commentators Alex Jacques and Davide Valsecchi will provide their voices in-game. More details of the F2 career mode have been announced, including the chance for F2 drivers to be drafted into driver academies (such as Red Bull’s) to gear them up for their F1 career.

Transfers will be included in the game, with young drivers replacing retirees – both postseason and during the season."

That's great news! Looking forward to seeing what the grid will look like after multiple seasons. 

On 6/21/2019 at 11:20 AM, BelgiumDude said:

Well I'm curious how this is going to work out. I hope there is some smart implementation where you will not see Vettel or Hamilton move to Toro Rosso as it does not make sense. I guess we gonna see some very  funny transfers.

Why does everything need to be exactly as you'd expect? (a) it's a game and (b) I am sure you expect different things to me so it's impossible. 

6 minutes ago, Rinehart27 said:

Why does everything need to be exactly as you'd expect? (a) it's a game and (b) I am sure you expect different things to me so it's impossible. 

Nothing is exactly as I want it to be. I just wonder how things work; try it sometimes, using your brain is a nice exercise

for all the ones who play it already, this is confirmed and works yes? any crazy transfers seen so far? maybe someone skipped through a season already?

Think they need to patch out AI mid season moves, the odd lower/red bull ones happen but vettel and hamilton switching really? 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

Think they need to patch out AI mid season moves, the odd lower/red bull ones happen but vettel and hamilton switching really? 

Could happen not saying it would but it could. Besides just as with the rule changes last year everyone's career will be different you may not experience that in yours. My guess is that Hamilton's having a bit of a stinker in that career so Merc have opted t o replace him with Vettel who may be having a good one. Must admit it would be interesting to see how Vettel performed in a Merc

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

I agree, that's something I feared.. This should never happen between the top drivers, the only scenario where you should see a mid season swap is when a driver with no status is horribly underperforming with no exception.

*Cough*Gasly*Cough* 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

I agree, that's something I feared.. This should never happen between the top drivers, the only scenario where you should see a mid season swap is when a driver with no status is horribly underperforming with no exception.

*Cough*Gasly*Cough* 

tbh we don't know where they are in that career mode they may be at Melbourne of Season 2 or something because they simmed a full season to see what happens. Not saying I would do that or that they have but they may have done as it doesn't say on that screenshot where they are in that career

20 minutes ago, sjsharp2010 said:

tbh we don't know where they are in that career mode they may be at Melbourne of Season 2 or something because they simmed a full season to see what happens. Not saying I would do that or that they have but they may have done as it doesn't say on that screenshot where they are in that career

He tweeted in a response that it was mid season.

Posted (edited)

This is honestly one of my favourite new features -- I've been calling out for this for years. It keeps career interesting and makes me want to play multiple seasons to see who goes where, unlike previous games where I'm bored after one or two seasons.

I wonder if Codemasters implemented a system whereby there are specific restrictions on the driver market -- IE it is impossible for Driver X to ever race for Team Y, etc. 

Edited by BlockEight

On 6/25/2019 at 6:27 PM, Worntoathread said:

He tweeted in a response that it was mid season.

Well then this is sad. Surely 1 of those if not both are in contention for the World Championship so would never move mid season! Imagine leading the way and then get switched to your competitor who are lagging a bit behind. 1 is rubbing their hands while the other is like WTAF!! Haha.

On 6/21/2019 at 9:54 AM, Worntoathread said:

I think I read somewhere the helmets will be clear of sponsors when they change teams. Not ideal but more than worth it if this allows for the team changes 

Incorrect.

i13k4nyemk631.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I do have a question about those drivers transferts : if I skip the F2 feeder series, will they still happen?

Edited by MaxSpiltz
Spelling mistake

Posted (edited)

So Hamilton left the championship lead during mid season at Mercedes and joined Renault who had only scored 23 points. I doubt if toto had punched him and reduced his wages would he even do that. Yeah mid season changes need to go, maybe keep them for lower grid drivers 

Edited by Mik2232
  • Agree 3

It's not a dealbreaker but I had hoped the driver transfers would have been more advanced. Moving from Mercedes to Renault mid season when Renault is outperformed by Mercedes is rather silly

23 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

It's not a dealbreaker but I had hoped the driver transfers would have been more advanced. Moving from Mercedes to Renault mid season when Renault is outperformed by Mercedes is rather silly

Maybe Renault offered Lewis an insane amount of money. 😛 But yeah it does sound a bit ridiculous. I can see the lower teams trying to shift things by trying something different but not necessarily the big guns. But yeah it's not a deal breaker for m either the fact they are moving around is keeping things fresh is good enough for me. Maybe they can patch something in that will tweak the system a bit but the problem is you try to fix one thing and something else breaks. Besides it'll be interesting to try to headcanon the weird things that'll be going on in career mode.

Looks like F2 transfers may not happen. No audio files of Crofty saying the names apparently, and no evidence of anybody seeing an F2 driver promoted to F1 yet. Appreciate this may only happen after 3-4 seasons, but would have expected to see SOMEBODY see a change if it was in the game by now. Maybe it'll get added later with the 2019 F2 update, but I'm not holding my breath.

Shame, as seeing an older F1 driver leave for an up and coming F2 driver would be so realistic.

Well this has me worried as I've only just got past the F2 part of career mode, the concept is nice but this type of stuff shouldn't be happening mid season.

It already feels strange enough with 2 other GP2 drivers going into F1 and taking seats along with yourself for the first season.

are drivers also retire? Or is it just a change in between existing ones? and is Lewis driving until he reaches 44 ?

57 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

are drivers also retire? Or is it just a change in between existing ones? and is Lewis driving until he reaches 44 ?

I believe drivers can retire yes but I don't think that's been 100% confirmed though