Jump to content
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inter-team Driver Transfers CONFIRMED for F1 2019!

Recommended Posts

Oh yes! This is good news! This certainly give the career mood a nice boost. Why they didn't communicate this before...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the bomb as been drop! this is crazy unreal! thanks lee and formula 1/FIA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is insane, definitely makes me play more seasons than one or two! Will the suits and names on the cars be present too? Imagine 'L. Hamilton' on a Ferrari suit and car! Plus for example Verstappen and Gasly have a helmet fully covered in Red Bull sponsor logos, will this be 'updated' when they drive for another team?

I saw the Career Mode videos from Aarava and Tiametmarduk, I really hope there will follow an update where you can choose your first teammate in F1. For example Russell is a first driver at Williams in the game, but I think a lot of people want to race with Kubica as a teammate (including me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wesjuh902 said:

Imagine 'L. Hamilton' on a Ferrari suit and car! Plus for example Verstappen and Gasly have a helmet fully covered in Red Bull sponsor logos, will this be 'updated' when they drive for another team?

Imagine this also being possible for the players avatar, have your own name and number as well as all the official Team Sponsors on your suit and helmet.

 

Are they gonna drop another bomb with this one?

 

Still, great news, after many years of speculations from the community, CM silenced the critics on this one, now they only need to continuously improve on that and make even more highly requested features available in the forthcoming future. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Imagine this also being possible for the players avatar, have your own name and number as well as all the official Team Sponsors on your suit and helmet.

 

Are they gonna drop another bomb with this one?

 

Still, great news, after many years of speculations from the community, CM silenced the critics on this one, now they only need to continuously improve on that and make even more highly requesed features available in the forthcoming future. 

 

 

I think I read somewhere the helmets will be clear of sponsors when they change teams. Not ideal but more than worth it if this allows for the team changes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Imagine this also being possible for the players avatar, have your own name and number as well as all the official Team Sponsors on your suit and helmet.

 

Are they gonna drop another bomb with this one?

 

Still, great news, after many years of speculations from the community, CM silenced the critics on this one, now they only need to continuously improve on that and make even more highly requesed features available in the forthcoming future. 

 

 

Yeah I think this will be something for next year, not a big deal though. It is great to see a yearly improvement in games. Codies definitely made it happen this year. From new graphics, F2 and updated career mode to brand new multiplayer experiences. I don't see other game developers do that (e.g. EA's FIFA).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now we just need to hope it's implemented well and we wont see Hamilton moving to Williams halfway through season 1 etc😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just hope they get the pace right. Like, max 1 driver transfer half way with a chance of 25% per season or so and then 4-6 at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Koekenbakker28 said:

Just hope they get the pace right. Like, max 1 driver transfer half way with a chance of 25% per season or so and then 4-6 at the end of the season.

 

 

Urgh....never happy! Haha 😂🎣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm curious how this is going to work out. I hope there is some smart implementation where you will not see Vettel or Hamilton move to Toro Rosso as it does not make sense. I guess we gonna see some very  funny transfers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is awesome. Sure, it might not work ideally, but just the fact that they added it is great IMO. I can't believe they didn't advertise this earlier though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jajb said:

It's simply the AI name tag in a team changing, hardly game changing stuff.

Can see why the game never gets any better if this is the bar of what constitutes 'great' 

So you're telling me when Max Verstappen in a Ferrari wins, we won't either actually see him in a Ferrari suit/or just in his Redbull one, no podium sequence at all, or just a "name tag" on the podium? ... Clearly it's not just an AI name tag changing.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jajb It's not a name tag change. The driver character model and the helmet change as well. So it is a driver transfer.

People have been asking it for a long time now and now we have it. Alongside with the r&d and reg changes, it's going to spice up the career mode alot this year.

And all you can think is to complain and cry like a baby. Just don't buy the game and everything is ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SoluxFin said:

@Jajb It's not a name tag change. The driver character model and the helmet change as well. So it is a driver transfer.

People have been asking it for a long time now and now we have it. Alongside with the r&d and reg changes, it's going to spice up the career mode alot this year.

And all you can think is to complain and cry like a baby. Just don't buy the game and everything is ok.

In addition to this: this will also potentially solve the problem we had that certain driver pairing remained unbalanced throughout career. For instance, last year McLaren was always screwed in the constructors because there was this massive disparity between Alonso and Vandoorne.

I'm slightly worried about too many transfers happening midseason, I would've preferred a system where AI would only be able to change teams in the offseason, but even so I'm really happy with this change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What...

This alone would've sold many people. I think it's almost worth the paying price alone. Weird that it wasn't mentioned before today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why we haven't heard anything about career mode. It seemed so unrealistic that when I heard it I actually questioned how true it is, given the whole sponsor thing. I find it crazy that Monster has potentially allowed Lewis' character to go to Red Bull. Surely there has to be a clause in regard to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jajb said:

Fair enough. But it's all killed with the fact the AI still do not have a decent pit strategy or react properly to the players strategy. or that the AI does not get affected by tyre wear, these two big issues ruin career racing 

Where did you get that the AI are not affected by tyre wear? They always have been, otherwise they would simply be impossible to beat.. their lap times drop accordingly. They're even affected by tyre temps, and if you ride onboard with them you can see they all manage their ERS differently which is pretty good.

I agree about the pit stop strategies, this has been an issue in the past and I guess we'll have to see if any progress has been made there this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mceci1 said:

This is why we haven't heard anything about career mode. It seemed so unrealistic that when I heard it I actually questioned how true it is, given the whole sponsor thing. I find it crazy that Monster has potentially allowed Lewis' character to go to Red Bull. Surely there has to be a clause in regard to that

I believe any team sponsors will be removed from their helmets when they move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jajb said:

I doubt Hamilton who's major sponsor is Monster Energy will be allowed to drive for Red Bull even with sponsors removed, simply having his name on the leaderboard "Lewis Hamilton RED BULL Racing" would not be OK with the sponsor 

We'll see when we get our hands on the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×