F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

2015 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

The RB11 looks like a handful to drive. And one engine gone already for Ricciardo. Gonna be a tough year for the Bulls.

A bit surprised on the Red Bull situation, classic McLaren-Honda, looking forward to see if (unlike last year) Ferrari manage to retain their FP form. And Magnussen come on, he can't stop crashing! :p  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31866549

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o 

I didn't know Ricciardo has used one engine up already? So that means he has to somehow make 3 engines last the whole season?

I don't think it counts and an engine loss, they should still have that engine for later in the season. Unless I just misunderstood. 

Ted Kravitz has just reported on Sky F1 that he's had it double confirmed from Red Bull that Ricciardo's engine is "completely gone" - it can't be repaired. So that's 3 engines for the season before a penalty. 

Every moment that passes by makes it look like and makes me think Vettel jumped off the sinking ship that is Red Bull at exactly the right time. 

VetteIfan said:
Ted Kravitz has just reported on Sky F1 that he's had it double confirmed from Red Bull that Ricciardo's engine is "completely gone" - it can't be repaired. So that's 3 engines for the season before a penalty. 

Every moment that passes by makes it look like and makes me think Vettel jumped off the sinking ship that is Red Bull at exactly the right time. 
Thought the engine rule only counted from Qualifying onwards?

Wow, Nico just got raped. For the sake of my predictor I hope Rosberg's new breathing techniques can gain him that 6 tenths that he was missing today

Very impressed with Verstappen and Sainz. Too bad Verstappen made an error in Q2 or he would've been in Q1 as well. With their competitiveness and their young driver line-up, Toro Rosso is the most exciting team on the grid, with the most exciting line-up since Jordan had Fisichella and Ralf Schumacher in 1997.

Meanwhile, haha at McLaren. Sorry, I don't like them (especially Ron Dennis) at all, so I need to get at least 1 LOL in there.
However, seeing Jenson Button unable to out-qualify Marcus Ericsson and let me reiterate, Jenson Button unable to out-qualify Marcus Ericsson feels incredibly.....filthy even. By Bahrain, we might even have to add Fernando Alonso to that list too. We all joked around about it, but this can't be just the engine now, can it? Surely the design of the car itself must be very average at best. Too bad Marussia wasn't racing or that would've been real interesting too.

Vettel clocked a sub 1:24 a couple of years ago.

1:24.090 in Q1, 1:23.529 in Q3. Not bad considering the aero regs were only two years old. Since the engine regs are only two years old, we might well see a new lap record in the next few years.

I hope Ferrari's form is genuine. Ive been saying for years maybe Ferrari will turn things around. But it looks like maybe they have. I'm excited. The team does just seem happier and in better spirits so that helps. 

This is depressing stuff from McLaren. Also from Hamilton. I really hope Rosberg ups his game or this season will be a real borefest.