F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

2015 Formula 1 Rolex Australian Grand Prix

13 cars left and we haven't completed a full racing lap.

13 cars left... Figure the McLaren won't make it and Perez and Nasr will collide and everyone who finishes will get a point! 2015 will be fun. 

13 cars left... Figure the McLaren won't make it and Perez and Nasr will collide and everyone who finishes will get a point! 2015 will be fun. 
If McLaren can make it, they could pickup a point :joy: 

Hughesy said:
Very true.. But let's not get crazy 

Verstappen Becomes the youngest driver to retire from an F1 race. Actually that's rather disappointing, he's got a lot of maturity for his age and is certainly quick. 

Hughesy said:
Not looking so crazy now is it... :joy: Turn the revs down to 5000rpm and maybe one more will drop out.lol

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Not looking so crazy now is it... :joy: Turn the revs down to 5000rpm and maybe one more will drop out.lol
This is something else haha. I May have to eat my words soon. 

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
This is something else haha. I May have to eat my words soon. 
It's still crazy talk, but hay you never know... o:)

And just as I posted, Button is having trouble with his downshifts...

The Grand Prix. The only place in Australia where two Germans, a Brit and an Austrian stand on a podium and speak Italian.

Well that was a bizarre race. Mercedes dominate again no real surprise there. Good for Vettel getting third. Looks like Ferrari really have gotten their act together which is great. Ferrari v Williams will be great this year. McLaren is depressing, everyone keeps saying they'll turn it around by the end of the season but I think they have too big of a gap to make much of a dent. We'll see. 

But it the big take aways are the rookies. Nasr, Sainz, and Verstappen each showed their potential. They are going to be really interesting to watch this year. 

Biggest shame was Kimi and Lotus. Kimi was gonna have a great last stint that would have been impressive I think. And Lotus deserved better. They've improved so much from last year they'll be great midfielders this year. 

That was rubbish... Yes I'm a Hamilton fan, but the racing was boring. Really disappointed as I love the Australian GP, it's also my favourite track to race on. F1 is going down the crapper, really needs another big manufacture to come in. I'd love to see BMW come back or Toyota.

Yep. Also pleased with the result, but a crap race. Melbourne was a pretty crap race last year too, so I'm not going to lose overall hope for the season just yet. 

I can't really tell today if Rosberg's race pace today was near enough matching Hamilton and they were both pushing hard all race, or whether Lewis just controlled the race with ease and had plenty left in then tank. I'm tempted to say the latter considering whenever the gap got to below 2 seconds Lewis just put in a few hot laps and instantly put another half second over Nico. If that is the case, it doesn't bode too well for the championship "fight". 

Still ignoring the Merc's, the Ferrari is more than solid. The pace just before the first pit stops from Vettel and during the middle stint from Raikkonen was really strong. Positive season ahead. I greatly look forward to Seb lapping Fernando in Malaysia. 

I'd say Lewis had it under control, but I don't think it'll be like that every race. Nico showed last year that he's better than people gave him credit for, as when Hamilton came they said he would blow Nico away. Lewis did destroy Nico towards the end of the season, but that was the first time Nico had the chance to fight for the championship, so I'm sure he'll push Lewis more this season. Kinda sad Mercs are so quick, as I was when RedBull were, I'd rather tight battles for 1st.

Well that was an average race in my opinion, but obviously a fantastic result for Lewis! Great job by Nasr too for 5th and a real shame for Verstappen to retire! And a standard start to the season: Maldonado crashes at Turn 1!

I don't know about anyone else but I found Schwarzennegegersezzeger was annoying on the podium! I know he's obviously not a real follower or fan of F1 but he asked all the drivers about bloody fitness and concentration or whatever, and not about the race.

Happy for Lewis but a really boring race. It didn't start well with only 15 cars and it just got worse and worse.

It's particularly disappointing if the Merc's weren't even giving it full tilt considering they nearly lapped the whole field.